OMG - and you guys thought Shadow of War was bad about micro transactions - AC Odyssey

I never understood people who spent money on shit like that. So, you want to pay to max your character, and defeat the entire purpose of the game? Okay...

Have you played Origins? It's insanely hard to progress without buying it or grinding out boring side missions. Unless I was doing it wrong

I have not played any ac game since 2, but side missions are part of games. Why skip them all and make the game shorter and pay for advancement?

I don’t know about you but it feels like games get shorter and shorter and shorter.

I’m not gonna pay to blow through them faster?

50% permanently more exp is something I haven’t seen in any game, totally disbalances the game. I can’t think of any game that did this. ‘Free’ games like World of Tanks don’t even do this.

Planet side 2 does, I saw it the other day. I was like wtf?

But it’s a free game I don’t have problems with them making money on some types of micro trans , since you don’t pay up front for it. I haven’t spent anything on it yet but being able to buy 50% experience point boost earnings is a little much.

if someone wants to cheat, why not just let them input a cheat code like in old games? he already paid 60$, why does he have to pay more to play the game like he wants to?

I just dont want to support anything like this

Oh I don’t “support it” by not buying anything like that. And it won’t stop me from playing a sp game I want to because it has zero impact on my personal gameplay.

If no one did it would stop, but it has zero effect on me so it doesn’t bother me.

If someone wants to pay more money so they can get through a game faster and go buy another one it’s their money no affect on me.

I don’t have problems playing games over and over I really like to max out my character, I enjoy it.

There is a “rumor” that went around a lot back when force unleashed had been out for some time that if you played it enough and powered up so much you become basically invincible, not a cheat code but just power up after power up. I’m talking way past filling all the slots shown on the game for force upgrades.

Well you fill the force upgrades up full, and you stop spending force upgrade points because there is nothing left to spend them on.

When the points keep adding up, your power is still going up. A lot of people don’t know this. And when it’s at its max, a blue line goes across the top of the energy bars, all the way across the screen.

You are basically invincible with unlimited force power. The game is so much damn fun to play this way. It wouldn’t have been the first couple play throughs because you still want it to challenge you at that point but replay ability becomes new, because you are so strong you can do rediculously funny stuff to kill people in the game.

Like force pushing bosses off cliffs to instant deaths and other funny stuff.

I want to say I had to play through the game 15 or so times before it “unlocked” or “unleashed” the force to be more specific.

I played through the original ME1 so many times that I had Shepard so strong I got the survivor achievement, that’s playing through the WHOLE game without a single death.

I never understood people who spent money on shit like that. So, you want to pay to max your character, and defeat the entire purpose of the game? Okay...

I rate it up there with paying an extra 20 bucks for the strategy guide when you buy a game.

I rate it up there with paying an extra 20 bucks for the strategy guide when you buy a game.

I can understand that a bit. Especially for monstrously big games, where you don't want to leave any stone unturned.

To me, this is more like using a cheat code. Never really got that. Certainly don't understand paying for it.

Because you get grind built in to get you to spend more.

This is an assumption. From the reviews there doesn't seem to be an issue with needing to grind. I haven't heard anyone say that yet. This just makes your leveling even faster.

This is an assumption. From the reviews there doesn't seem to be an issue with needing to grind. I haven't heard anyone say that yet. This just makes your leveling even faster.

Read the article. There is major grind.

Origins had this as well. Serious grinding. Good game but no premium buy element which makes me think Oddyssey will be even worse.

Compare to Spider-Man, I’ve maxed out after maybe six nights of playing.

I can understand that a bit. Especially for monstrously big games, where you don't want to leave any stone unturned.

To me, this is more like using a cheat code. Never really got that. Certainly don't understand paying for it.

Imagine having the game seriously difficult without the code. Which you pay extra for.

This is the ‘free’ game method transported to a premium game. Much worse than day one DLC or other shit.

I have not played any ac game since 2, but side missions are part of games. Why skip them all and make the game shorter and pay for advancement?

I don’t know about you but it feels like games get shorter and shorter and shorter.

I’m not gonna pay to blow through them faster?

Planet side 2 does, I saw it the other day. I was like wtf?

But it’s a free game I don’t have problems with them making money on some types of micro trans , since you don’t pay up front for it. I haven’t spent anything on it yet but being able to buy 50% experience point boost earnings is a little much.

Oh I don’t “support it” by not buying anything like that. And it won’t stop me from playing a sp game I want to because it has zero impact on my personal gameplay.

If no one did it would stop, but it has zero effect on me so it doesn’t bother me.

If someone wants to pay more money so they can get through a game faster and go buy another one it’s their money no affect on me.

I don’t have problems playing games over and over I really like to max out my character, I enjoy it.

There is a “rumor” that went around a lot back when force unleashed had been out for some time that if you played it enough and powered up so much you become basically invincible, not a cheat code but just power up after power up. I’m talking way past filling all the slots shown on the game for force upgrades.

Well you fill the force upgrades up full, and you stop spending force upgrade points because there is nothing left to spend them on.

When the points keep adding up, your power is still going up. A lot of people don’t know this. And when it’s at its max, a blue line goes across the top of the energy bars, all the way across the screen.

You are basically invincible with unlimited force power. The game is so much damn fun to play this way. It wouldn’t have been the first couple play throughs because you still want it to challenge you at that point but replay ability becomes new, because you are so strong you can do rediculously funny stuff to kill people in the game.

Like force pushing bosses off cliffs to instant deaths and other funny stuff.

I want to say I had to play through the game 15 or so times before it “unlocked” or “unleashed” the force to be more specific.

I played through the original ME1 so many times that I had Shepard so strong I got the survivor achievement, that’s playing through the WHOLE game without a single death.

You’re rambling off subject.

Imagine having the game seriously difficult without the code. Which you pay extra for.

This is the ‘free’ game method transported to a premium game. Much worse than day one DLC or other shit.

I don't know if that's the case here, but I could definitely see that becoming an issue for single player games down the line. The "freemium" model has proved very prosperous. Don't think it will take much for them to try and pull it off with retail games, if they haven't already.

Read the article. There is major grind.

Origins had this as well. Serious grinding. Good game but no premium buy element which makes me think Oddyssey will be even worse.

Compare to Spider-Man, I’ve maxed out after maybe six nights of playing.

So I looked into this an yea apparently unless your doing all side quest and shit you will run into issues. This is how my friend plays he does all the side quest so he never had issues. I don't do that and I've never been a fan of doing side quest. This is very disappointing to hear.

Luckily playing on PC I will get around this with a mod but this is sad to hear from a company like UBI.

I feel like games are far too easy for the most part now.

So that makes me happy, it’s supposed to be challenging and a true achievement to finish a game.

I can’t wrap my head around why people want to pay 60.00+ for a game, blow through it as fast as possible, spend money to blow through it faster and then go buy another one?

Man as a child you would play the same games for MONTHS trying to get to a level higher than your buddies, or stay a level ahead of them.

I just don’t get it.

<{vega}>

So I looked into this an yea apparently unless your doing all side quest and shit you will run into issues. This is how my friend plays he does all the side quest so he never had issues. I don't do that and I've never been a fan of doing side quest. This is very disappointing to hear.

Luckily playing on PC I will get around this with a mod but this is sad to hear from a company like UBI.
You aren’t a fan of playing the whole game you paid for?

And you use a mod to run through it faster?

WHY??

You aren’t a fan of playing the whole game you paid for?

And you use a mod to run through it faster?

WHY??

Because I tend to like the AC games for the main story. A lot of these side quest will be like "I lost my sheep and I can't find it". I don't give a shit about this guys sheep or trying to find it. Sometimes I will do a lot of side quest in the begging of a game and then towards the end the game play is getting a little tired at that point and I just want to finish the main plot so I just go straight through it with no side quest.

This is why I usually buy these games when they are on sale which happens frequently and quickly anyways for AC games. Anyways yea in every AC game I just run through the main story cause really it's all the interest me. Now I heard the combat in this one is changed and better so maybe for Origin and Odyssey that might change some.

Either way if it becomes a problem I can use the mod to make myself the same level as the enemies and keep me there.

And people ask me why I have a lifetime membership at CheatHappens.

yOu'Re JUst cHeaTiNg fAlSEdAwN.

Nah bruh, i'm defeating terrible game design. You give me a grind, i'll find a way to cheat through it.

The late game includes a brick wall that you have to scale by leveling your character to a certain point.

<Dylan>

Don't like them, don't buy them.

Considering the price of video games has stayed the same for 20 years, it's understandable that these companies are trying to make money on the tail end with microtransactions and dlcs. At least you don't have to spend more than $60 on a game if you don't want to.

Don't like them, don't buy them.

Considering the price of video games has stayed the same for 20 years, it's understandable that these companies are trying to make money on the tail end with microtransactions and dlcs. At least you don't have to spend more than $60 on a game if you don't want to.
I've lucked out so far because this hasn't happened to game I care about yet (at least not so long as rumors are true and the new DMC is otherwise unaffected outside of being able to purchase skills), but I can understand people's chagrin. I'd actually be happier if the industry cut this out and just charged $75 or so instead.

It probably won't ever bug me too much though; I have fewer responsibilities than 90% of people my age, and I still don't have time for most games that come out. I figure there will always be some games that don't do this stuff.

Pretty bad micro transaction but honestly every reviewer raves about how long and massive this game is. It’s not like they didn’t pack this game with content.

Back