Okay....We've seen khabib and Lee vs Barboza and Lee recently....

Khabib vs Lee - Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lol a poll has spoken

finally we assemble proper textbook data sampling on dagestani wrestling

People forget that Khabib walked through everything Barboza threw at him. Kicks and punches. Nothing dazed him. Lee is lucky that Barboza had a brainfart after he made Lee do the best Stanky Leg to date in the UFC. Khabib by dominating top control and a late finish after Lee gasses. He will be talking to Lee the whole time saying he don’t belong in the cage with him ala Michael Johnson. And having a chat with Dana about his next fight.

<Dana05>

Non staph Lee takes this. His striking is superior and his wrestling would negate much of khabibs strenght's.

Khabib by decision, or TKO after Lee gases, and this is coming from a huge Lee fan.

Yup. Khabib is relentless with takedowns and has wrestling-grappling cardio that is unreal.
Chaining together takedown attempt after attempt until the person has no choice but to be taken down.
Also Ive never seen someone grab a foot from a far out single-leg and hold onto it like Khabib does. JUST THE FOOT!
HE DOES IT EVERY FIGHT!
Its like spiderman grabbing onto something. Unreal.

Lee has far better standup. Give him another couple of years and these two will be at each other's throats

I'd rather see Khabib against strikers who try to get up. Like Alvarez, Poirier, Gaethje and Conor. Lee's a lesser wrestler and grappler, yet that's what he does, so he'd just get owned in his own game.

Lee got a doctor stoppage in the fifth. I'm pretty sure if khabib vs Barboza was a 5 round fight Edson would've accumulated enough blood to get stopped against Khabib too.

That's a pretty big assumption. For starters Lee did way more damage than Khabib. Second, we saw the fight remain standing for rounds 3 and 4 of Khabib's last fight.

I think the grappling would largely nullify each other and Lee is a better striker. I think he rocks Khabib harder than MJ, then either TKOs him or wins a decision, maybe even subs him if he drops/rocks him and jumps on his neck or something.

Khabib by decision I think.

Unlike barboza, Khabib can fight on his feet going backwards, and understands the concept of staying busy as a form of defense. In fact, I’d make the claim that less than 5 fighters in the ufc can do this. I don’t care how goofy he looks doing it, it’s reflected in how much damage he takes and the punch stats.

Khabib wins easy.

i still think its a very compelling fight. kevin clearly has very powerful grappling, and much more striking power than khabib. can khabib really handle lee on the ground for 5 rounds?

but anyway kevin missed weight and was ill for his last fight before this one. can he make it to a championship fight?

all the same, i could see khabib losing to lee

There's no way for Lee to win. If he tried to take Khabib down he could get triangled like in the Tony fight, Khabib's off his back game and triangles in his older fights are vicious. Kevin's TDD is also a lot worse than Khabib's and we've never seen him off his back. His striking isn't very good either.

kevins striking is much better than khabibs

Khabib makes him cry and sends him home empty handed.

I voted the wrong person.

This requires thought
DDMx_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif
it would be easy to say Khabib but Lee offers real challenge with similar strength, solid wrestling & grappling, better hands and athleticism I would favor Khabib just slightly for grinder gear...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back