Okay....We've seen khabib and Lee vs Barboza and Lee recently....

Khabib vs Lee - Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Kevin has the better boxing, but I think Khabib is the tougher and more durable fighter. I think Khabib wins a gritty decision.

What do you think? :)

I agree with your points, We saw that someone very strong like Tibau can stop Khabib wrestling, even though that fight was long ago, but still. Would be very interesting to see how wrestling would go between Lee and Khabib.

It will come down to striking even though I think khabib can get Lee down. But khabib seems more comfortable and natural on the feet then Lee

What do you think? :)

I agree with your points, We saw that someone very strong like Tibau can stop Khabib wrestling, even though that fight was long ago, but still. Would be very interesting to see how wrestling would go between Lee and Khabib.
That fight was 6 years ago before Khabib even joined AKA and evolved his game. It's about as relevant as Kevin Lee's debut right where he got outwrestled by Al Iaquinta.

It will come down to striking even though I think khabib can get Lee down. But khabib seems more comfortable and natural on the feet then Lee

natural, the fucker is wild as hell. Poirer would probably clip his ass

Lee got the stoppage, but did get rocked.

Khabib was flawless in a decision.

Who wins between these two grappling beasts?!?
Idk where I heard it, but I heard one time that Khabib has never lost a round in training, that says a lot about how beast of a guy he really is. I'm going with Khabib. he is just on a different level as a fighter. the standup, idk about, but the grappling I definitely give to Khabib.

Khabib by UD

Fuck Khabib bro, dude is trash!
tumblr_newyuuJxk51tt9lf5o1_400.gif

Barbosa lacks a take down game, let alone a take down game on par with khabib.

Lee could strike at will as Edson offered Little risk of a takedown, and even if he did, not the same level of risk that khabib poses.

Khabib’s takedowns and top control will keep lee honest on the feet should they fight.

Lee loses a decision against Khabib

The beating Lee put on Barboza was far worse, and Lee actually looked good during the championship rounds against an opponent who trained for a 5 round fight. A 3 round fight plays out completely differently. Had Khabib's fight with Barboza been a 5 round fight, he wouldn't have been as explosive and active as he was.
Khabib was already pacing himself in the second and third against Barboza. Dominant, absolutely. But he wasn’t throwing like he was in the first round. I thought it was a smart fight by Khabib. Alro used to do the same sometimes. But it does show that the right fighter may be able to wear Khabib out (I think Ferguson is a problem for Khabib).

Lee/Khabib is a good fight. Lee isn’t without a chance.

Last edited:
How did you come to this conclusion?
Last time Lee was on his back he got TKO'd.

Last time Khabib was on his back he nearly finished his opponent by triangle choke.

Khabib also has numerous finishes off his back across his mma and grappling careers.

To be fair, Lee had a staph infection in the fight and clearly gassed out much quicker due to it. I'd pay to see a staph-less Kevin Lee vs Tony, I'd put my money on Kevin.
Man he struggled against chiesa, and a rematch with them may play out differently. Lee is a overhyped guy, who will cry again the next time he loses.

lee is the better striker. in the grappling we need to see because lee dominated even more, mounted edson many times. I say make this fight next
Khabib by decision, or TKO after Lee gases, and this is coming from a huge Lee fan.
did you see kevin lee gassing? because I didn't. if anything, they both gas the same

and I know this tactic "im a huge X fighter fan, but X is losing"

Last time Lee was on his back he got TKO'd.

Last time Khabib was on his back he nearly finished his opponent by triangle choke.

Khabib also has numerous finishes off his back across his mma and grappling careers.
Lee was on his knees when he got TKO'ed and nobody has kept him on his back for an extended period of time. Your assumptions are baseless.

natural, the fucker is wild as hell. Poirer would probably clip his ass

Have you seen Lee box? Dude throws his 1-2 and other predictable rote combos with tightness and super stiff. He strikes like he’s hitting pads. Khabib isn’t the greatest boxer but he throws punches with much more fluidity. And his wildness on the feet makes him so dangerous. Lee with his pension for defensive lapses would be the prime candidate to get KO’d be a flying knee from Khabib. The man gets hurt badly almost every fight. He almost got KO’d by a half dead Barboza lol. Only time we’ve seen Khabib hurt standing was against Johnson. And Lee hands are nearly as fast or powerful as Johnsons

Khabib was already pacing himself in the second and third against Barboza. Dominant, absolutely. But he wasn’t throwing oil he was in the first round. I thought it was a smart fight by Khabib. Alro used to do the same sometimes. But it does show that the right fighter may be able to wear Khabib out (I think Ferguson is a problem for Khabib).

Lee/Khabib is a good fight. Lee isn’t without a chance.

Yep, agreed.

I think Khabib is rightfully the favorite against the rest of the division, but both Lee and el Cucuy are very interesting match-ups.

Lee got the stoppage, but did get rocked.

Khabib was flawless in a decision.

Who wins between these two grappling beasts?!?
Lee fucked up my parlay and has way more viscous strikes. I’m 50/50 on him vs Khabib. I think Khabib is great but getting more credit than earned based off opponents.

Back