Okami Sign with WSOF

Wow it really is crazy that Bellator doesnt pick up the UFC guys everyone wants them to get, instead they get War Machine and Riddle instead of top guys like Fitch, Okami etc.

WSOF is a good home I guess, I think he is easily gonna win that MW title.

Maybe thats the reason Bellator didnt sign him because he would beat their MW.

Given that WSOF doesn't seem to be into giving big name guys a title shot right off the bat, he's probably just 1 win away from fighting the tourney winner.

Wow it really is crazy that Bellator doesnt pick up the UFC guys everyone wants them to get, instead they get War Machine and Riddle instead of top guys like Fitch, Okami etc.

They don't want Shlemenko to lose. :icon_twis

Given that WSOF doesn't seem to be into giving big name guys a title shot right off the bat, he's probably just 1 win away from fighting the tourney winner.

Well wouldnt the Elvis winner and Branch fight around that time? I think Elvis fights in Dec so the winners wouldnt fight till around that time for the title.

So they probably give Okami one of the other guys who lost in the tournament and if Okami wins he gets a title shot early summer.

Okami will be the WSOF MW champ in 2014.

Now I wonder if they sign Palhares as a contender for Burkman once he wins the WW title in two weeks.

That doesn't seem to be an issue for Bellator. In fact they set up tournaments so Zuffa names will make runs frequently.

More likely, Bellator puts a premium on excitement and marketability from their fighters. That's why they released Bruno Carioca after a win, Aliev after undeserved sd loss, Indio after a questionable sd loss, Machaev after a win, etc. That's also why their interest in retaining Askren is limited, but they fought tooth and nail for Alvarez. And that's why they passed on Volkmann and Fitch, but went after Sass, Etim, and Nunes.

WSOF seems to be more about the sport aspect, Viacom the entertainment.

hoped he signs with wsof... very good addition

Let him whoop up on Dave Branch. WSOF is getting good!!

Bad move. He'll beat all their contenders while simultaneously putting the crowd to sleep.

Good signing for wsof IMO. It gives them a name people will tune in for who's an excellent fighter and makes their roster more respectable. I also think its a Good non signing by bellator too because his style of neutralizing guys against the fence and similar tactics isn't the type of mma that they showcase.

Bad move. He'll beat all their contenders while simultaneously putting the crowd to sleep.

Probably the reason why Bellator didn't sign him. Just look at the Ben Askren situation. I'm not sure how much Bjorn is BS'ing, but he seems like he's basically giving Askren to the UFC without any resistance.

Well wouldnt the Elvis winner and Branch fight around that time? I think Elvis fights in Dec so the winners wouldnt fight till around that time for the title.

So they probably give Okami one of the other guys who lost in the tournament and if Okami wins he gets a title shot early summer.

Okami will be the WSOF MW champ in 2014.

Now I wonder if they sign Palhares as a contender for Burkman once he wins the WW title in two weeks.

yep i see palhares going to wsof also and challenging the carl/burkman winner

Good signing for wsof IMO. It gives them a name people will tune in for who's an excellent fighter and makes their roster more respectable. I also think its a Good non signing by bellator too because his style of neutralizing guys against the fence and similar tactics isn't the type of mma that they showcase.

Cheick_Kongo.jpg

Nah, just kidding. I agree, good non-signing by Bellator.

Glad Bellator didn't sign him. He hasn't been in an exciting fight since...

I look forward to seeing him in WSOF though. Would like to see how he stacks up.

Cheick_Kongo.jpg

Nah, just kidding. I agree, good non-signing by Bellator.

It's still half-serious though. To use Bjorn's own example with UFC not jumping on Askren, why wouldn't they jump on Okami? Or Fitch? Price is the only thing I could see being an issue.

Back