Official Women's Division Discussion #25

She could, but she isn't. She walks around at 135-136.
I only looked at the first minute but if you're using val's word as proof that val isn't exaggerating how little she used to cut when she was a regular 135er it's very redundant.

But there is zero evidence to support your claim.
True, there's no proof of either way, other than taking the shevchenko girls at 100% of their word. But it's human nature to exaggerate things that make yourself look better. We all gotta decide what we believe unless there's an impartial record somewhere?

I posted a thread in The Heavies about Livinha Souza calling out Maycee Barber. Would be interested in comments by you guys and gals about it.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/m...ha-the-brazilian-gangster-souza-12-1.3874301/
Not interested. They are in 2 different places in their careers. Livinha has double the amount of fights as Maycee. It was a smart call out to get her name out there though. Livinha vs Zhang would have been a good fight but it seems like the UFC is starting to push Zhang. Having her face Tecia so early in her UFC career is definitely evidence of that. It would be funny if their 1st Chinese star ends up being a 115er. I can't think of any other Chinese stars the UFC has had in the past so remind me if anyone can come up with any names.

I only looked at the first minute but if you're using val's word as proof that val isn't exaggerating how little she used to cut when she was a regular 135er it's very redundant.

True, there's no proof of either way, other than taking the shevchenko girls at 100% of their word. But it's human nature to exaggerate things that make yourself look better. We all gotta decide what we believe unless there's an impartial record somewhere?

No.

I am using the fact that she routinely weighs in light when fighting heavier than 125. She weighed in for her fight with Kaufman on only eight days notice while on vacation in Bali at 133. I know her history.

I can take a decent look at both women, see one who is much larger weighing in at 125 and draw an obvious conclusion.

No.

I am using the fact that she routinely weighs in light when fighting heavier than 125. She weighed in for her fight with Kaufman on only eight days notice while on vacation in Bali at 133. I know her history.

I can take a decent look at both women, see one who is much larger weighing in at 125 and draw an obvious conclusion.
Lord please help us. Cejudo was looking way bigger than DJ and they were same weight during fight. It's WMMA thread so look for JJ Aldrich she was heavier than her oponnent even if she was looking smaller. Are you people nuts? Should I link more 2nd weighin results, to show that all fighters cut weight. But no only Shevchenko's sisters not doing it, even when they look dehydratated during weigh ins. Just believe them.Lol.
TJ was looking smaller than Cody, got few pounds on him, lol. I understand being biased and being fan, but sometimes people cross lines.

Not interested. They are in 2 different places in their careers. Livinha has double the amount of fights as Maycee. It was a smart call out to get her name out there though. Livinha vs Zhang would have been a good fight but it seems like the UFC is starting to push Zhang. Having her face Tecia so early in her UFC career is definitely evidence of that. It would be funny if their 1st Chinese star ends up being a 115er. I can't think of any other Chinese stars the UFC has had in the past so remind me if anyone can come up with any names.
I don't think they had anyone. The TUF experience was quite a disaster (a yoga practicioner with no mma experience? A coach giving up in the middle of the season? Quite bad experiences) with both winners already been cut, with one of them going to do more than 20 bouts after his release.

The thing is that China seems to have great prospects at the WMMA with Zhang and Yan at the UFC and Xiong at ONE. Let's see how their career will go.
Also, i always thought that Jin Tang would be the first chinese to be signed to a big promotion...

I can't think of any other Chinese stars the UFC has had in the past so remind me if anyone can come up with any names.
They have had none. Until recently Li Jingliang was pretty much the only Chinese fighter in the UFC that would even stick around on the roster outside of random appearances on Asia fight cards.

Well, other than Kevin Lee of course
<Oku02>

Blatant picpost:

Ps. I am getting quite damn stoked about the Val vs. Joanna this weekend. Hopefully the fight delivers and gathers random eyes to what might be a good showcase for the 125ers after the unfortunate series of events that has surrounded the title contenders so far...

Blatant picpost:

Ps. I am getting quite damn stoked about the Val vs. Joanna this weekend. Hopefully the fight delivers and gathers random eyes to what might be a good showcase for the 125ers after the unfortunate series of events that has surrounded the title contenders so far...

Yeah, me too. I obviously have a favorite to win, but this should be a really good fight.

Some fighters to watch out for this weekend -

Maria Buzaglo - 18-19 year old Peruvian with several years of muay thai experience fighting at Combate Americas.
Mariya Suzuki - Main event of Pancrase 302 this weekend.
Morgane Ribout - World champion judoka making fight pass debut at TKO 45.

Also outside of mma there's that Ebi Strawweight tournament, Former child prodigy Saya Ito's return to fighting at King of Knockout 2018, and Cecilia Breakhus & Claressa Shields both have fights on HBO.

Very interested in Ribout's FP/TKO debut.
:)
dd18d17c1bb4d5cd743445d6354c58eb.png

I can't think of any other Chinese stars the UFC has had in the past so remind me if anyone can come up with any names.
The Leech isn't exactly a star, but i've read that he is quite famous between Chinese combat sport fans. Most casuals on the Heavies seem to be familiar with him too.

Will Rose Namajunas be fighting Angela Lee? I've read they'd do a One vs UFC cross-over.

Will Rose Namajunas be fighting Angela Lee? I've read they'd do a One vs UFC cross-over.
No, i don't think that will ever happen. UFC learnt from Chuck on PRIDE and will likely never allow any UFC fighter of relevance to compete in other organization.

Anyway, at the moment Rose is too scared to defend her belt against the UFC contenders Andrade and Suarez, she's not facing another champion.

Some fighters to watch out for this weekend -

Maria Buzaglo - 18-19 year old Peruvian with several years of muay thai experience fighting at Combate Americas.
Mariya Suzuki - Main event of Pancrase 302 this weekend.
Morgane Ribout - World champion judoka making fight pass debut at TKO 45.

Also outside of mma there's that Ebi Strawweight tournament, Former child prodigy Saya Ito's return to fighting at King of Knockout 2018, and Cecilia Breakhus & Claressa Shields both have fights on HBO.

This Ribout fight is also at 130, I believe, which may show Ribout intends to drop to 125.
Why does this Peruvian have a name of a good Jewish girl?
I’m not sure about Peru, but I do know Brazil and Argentina are loaded with people of Central European descent.

I doubt it. But stranger things have happened.

Cons. Rose has a UFC belt to defend. It's been almost a year. Andrade deserves the shot, even Rose has said so. Some UFC fans would go ballistic. Then probably watch lol.

Pros. One gets publicity in the Americas. UFC gets it in Singapore & the rest of Asia. If they can make money they'll discuss it. If announced they say Rose will fight Andrade next. Right after Lee.

Rayanne Amanda's rematch with Lindsay Garbatt. The Brazilian weighed 113 & 112 for her fights with Garbatt so it seems like she's clearly an atomweight.

---------------------------------

Also missed this, but Martina Jindrova finally had her mma debut. Hopefully gets picked up by Bellator, or works her way down to wbw.

Also missed this, but Martina Jindrova finally had her mma debut. Hopefully gets picked up by Bellator, or works her way down to wbw.

Didn't know Martina was only 27, I always thought she was 5-10 years older for some reason. Definitely looks like she's slowing down though, she'd already lost a few steps in her fight against Baars compared to her matches against Haddaoui & Shevchenko and it looks like she's lost more speed since then. Hopefully she performs better at a lower weight, but man, she's got a whole lot of work to do.

Back