Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Hopefully she can pick up a couple of wins. When she does not blow up between fights, she is tiny even for an atomweight. She does not even have much abdominal definition during weigh-ins.

At 4’11” according to topology, she really has no business ballooning up. She’s only an inch taller than Satoko Shinashi, who has rock solid abs at 41. Different body types and all, Bi needs to learn to put down the spoon.

Nice Mad Max reference.

:)

The hair made me think of it.

At 4’11” according to topology, she really has no business ballooning up. She’s only an inch taller than Satoko Shinashi, who has rock solid abs at 41. Different body types and all, Bi needs to learn to put down the spoon.

Agree. When you consider that she could have more muscle at the same BW with a favorable body composition change, well, the fault lies entirely with her. Even for an AW she is small, so any muscle she gains will only serve her well.

Just got back from open workouts. Impressions. If you've never seen top level fighters doing their thing up close & in person, you need to.

Also, Shevchenko sisters are upping the show with live sparring.

You are there? Cool. Been a long time since I have been to a live event.

No way I was missing the open workouts, it's not every day I get to see 3 of my favourite fighters on stage.

The UFC PR team totally bunged it up though, they held the workouts in a tiny lobby instead of opening up the arena floor like some of the other venues or getting a much bigger space. It was crammed as hell with no view at all unless you're tall and the crowd was spilling out the door into the street.

In the "don't tell my wife" list, Antonina is drop dead gorgeous in person and if she were single I'd totally marry her. Her sister's pretty cute too.

This is a non story right now but I have been hearing and seeing small hints here and there about opening a 105 division. I would love it but with how bad of a start 125 got off to I did not think it would happen any time soon. The latest one being from Michael Chiesa.

I would normally just ignore it but I have been seeing so many small things the last few months that could point to 105 being opened sooner than expected.

This is a non story right now but I have been hearing and seeing small hints here and there about opening a 105 division. I would love it but with how bad of a start 125 got off to I did not think it would happen any time soon. The latest one being from Michael Chiesa.

I would normally just ignore it but I have been seeing so many small things the last few months that could point to 105 being opened sooner than expected.

Well let us hope they do not completely fuck this one up.

Well let us hope they do not completely fuck this one up.

Hopefully if atomweight is introduced through TUF, the UFC puts in some effort. The men's flyweight season where they handpicked fighters was really good, same for the first strawweight season where they picked most of the fighters. Relying on whoever can afford to show up for tryouts is just bad for a thin division.

Hopefully if atomweight is introduced through TUF, the UFC puts in some effort. The men's flyweight season where they handpicked fighters was really good, same for the first strawweight season where they picked most of the fighters. Relying on whoever can afford to show up for tryouts is just bad for a thin division.

Yeah, they did a pretty good job with 115, even though many of the top fighters did not apply. Methinks the winner would once again be a place holder.

Yeah, they did a pretty good job with 115, even though many of the top fighters did not apply. Methinks the winner would once again be a place holder.
Yep. Just holding it until the arrival of...

DRu04CoVwAEj0BB.jpg

Joanna looking bigger and thicker than Valentina in the face off, kinda kills the undersized narrative.

Really? Have you been watching Embedded? Joanna looks ultra-skinny next to Valentina. Quite frankly, they look like fighters from two different weight classes. Don't confuse height with size; height doesn't generate power.

Jarl

Really? Have you been watching Embedded? Joanna looks ultra-skinny next to Valentina. Quite frankly, they look like fighters from two different weight classes. Don't confuse height with size; height doesn't generate power.

Jarl

Be interesting to see them after they re-comp. Would love to get an official cage weight, but that is not going to happen.

you have to read between the lines to a degree with what Dana says

"not getting rid of 125 for the sake of making 165"

so all he is denying is that 125 is being removed specifically to make "room" for 165

are the rumours he is denying a) "125 is being removed to make way for 165" or b) "ufc are starting a 165 division"

As for 105, with 125 they had a lot of girls ready to move up from 115 or move down from 135, with 105 they dont have that. it would be a standing start.

They could do a TUF i guess, but theres two problems with that. one, it very much looks like TUF is being scrapped with the ESPN deal, and the second problem is all the best 105'ers are asian, and there might be the language issue. Then again, I guess they could do a 105 TUF asia?

In favour, the Asian performance centre could mean they are expecting an influx of asian fighters.

Jarl

Joanna's legs and arms looked thicker in the face off

I cannot find a decent one from today. During her open workout JJ is wearing a shirt, but still appears to have far less muscle in her back, which is critical for power.

Back