Official Women's Division Discussion #25

DqH-_9zX0AAY6KN.jpg:large

The WMMA GOAT and the WMMA #1 p4p
:rolleyes:

Sort of looks like a kid fighting an adult.

Cyborg's resume is shit. Hard to pick a p4p female. Next to impossible, really, right now. Discussion comes down to opinion more than anything else. Given the general lack of depth with respect to truly talented women in most weight classes, very few women have resumes that stand out as head and shoulders above the rest.

I think the main reason why Deanna was cut was she used the Pearl Gonzalez style of fighting where she pushes you up against the cage for the whole fight trying to get a takedown that will probably never come. Its why Pearl was let go kind of fast also.

I really wish they'd electrify that fucking fence already.

Cool photo of Cyborg & Shevchenko. Are they sharing a camp? Joanna & Amanda should post a photo sparring since they're both in Miami.

Loma Lookboonmee is booked to fight again Nov 3 at Full Metal Dojo in Thailand.

Hope they can squeeze her onto the poster.
Dq-Hwnhe-VYAA0-Llh.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------

Also Anna Janthasri/Supergirl Jaroonsak made her amateur mma debut this weekend. This girl is 15-16 years old, and already fighting good pro adult fighters in muay thai.

I think FMD streams their events, too, but don’t quote me on that.
Edit: stream will be via Facebook live, 9:30am est.

Cool photo of Cyborg & Shevchenko. Are they sharing a camp? Joanna & Amanda should post a photo sparring since they're both in Miami.

I know Shevchenko has trained with Chris in the past. Last I saw, she was in Texas, but who knows?

Not gonna waste time linking any of the articles (multiple SB nation sites), but apparently after being in her video, Cyborg has extended an invitation to train the “catch me outside” girl. I can only imagine how it would go.

*deep voice* step one, stick this needle in your ass. Don’t ask what it is.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know the finances of Invicta? How much they pay their fighters, how much they take in, etc?

What I do know about Invicta is Shannon Knapp operates on a smaller
margin which means fighters don't make wheel barrows of money and
as far as income from the shows probably just even after all expenses
are covered.

Shannon obviously keeps her finances close to the vest, but unlike other promoters, she only expects exclusivity to her champs. that what makes maybe not getting the Bellator money worth it. At least they can find fights elsewhere and stay active.

If she could she would do cards every month but just not ready yet. This by no means mean they are in any dire straights. Best to grow smartly and not too fast so to burn it out.

Few news notes:

Jamie Moyle will be competing on InvictaFC 33 Dec. 14 opponent tba

Boxing champ Mikela Meyer tells Ariel Helwani she was very close to signing to Bellator, but Top Rank gave her a better offer last minute.

Serena DeJesus will be out until 2019 due to injury.

Few news notes:
Boxing champ Mikela Meyer tells Ariel Helwani she was very close to signing to Bellator, but Top Rank gave her a better offer last minute.
Good for her, I remember Bob Arum was calling her Boxings Ronda and then when the purse amounts came out hers was in the range of 2k. Glad to hear she got a new contract.

Cyborg's resume is undeniably top 5 if not top 3 in WMMA, trying to argue otherwise is straight up hating.
Also, in popular opinion, she's the greatest thus far. Your feelings towards her are irrelevant.

Cyborg's resume is undeniably top 5 if not top 3 in WMMA, trying to argue otherwise is straight up hating.

She has 2 names on her resume that are actually worth anything.

Also, in popular opinion, she's the greatest thus far. Your feelings towards her are irrelevant.

Popular opinion gave us this, among other things. Popular opinion means very little.

screen-shot-2015-10-27-at-11-59-18-am.jpg

Good for her, I remember Bob Arum was calling her Boxings Ronda and then when the purse amounts came out hers was in the range of 2k. Glad to hear she got a new contract.
Bellator went all in on Hardy, when there were a couple others they should have gone after, like Mayer and Serrano

She has 2 names on her resume that are actually worth anything.

And both are smaller than her. I have no idea who you are talking to, but Cyborg has only fought six women who have not fought lighter than 145. Three of them have zero wins. She has fought six women who have fought two weight classes down. And she has multiple drug testing failures and a scale tampering attempt to beat up small and unskilled women.

To call her resume bad is supported by a small thing called reality. Numbers, testing failures and other attempts at cheating do not lie. While I have not done the current math, when Ronda and JJ were champ, Cyborg's opponents had the lowest winning percentage of the three, despite the majority being smaller than her.

So basically she has cheated to fight smaller opponents whose records do not compare to those that other champs have fought. Despite them fighting women in their own weight class.

Makes sense.

Bellator went all in on Hardy, when there were a couple others they should have gone after, like Mayer and Serrano

Yep. Hardy's "skill" consisted of wading through punches and slugging it out. Not thing thing to do when women are blasting shins and elbows at your head.

trying to discredit fighters like Yana, Evinger, Smith, Porto, Lansberg, Tweet etc discredits WMMA as a whole, it's always fun to see people shitting indirectly at the part of the sport they claim to love and respect just to hate at Cyborg

Back