Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Someone put the Amanda Serrano fight up. I finally got to watch it and I gotta say I was impressed. This is what I wanted to see from Heather Hardy. When fighting a lower tiered fighter the Boxers should have a clear advantage in the striking. Amanda had a clear advantage this fight and even had the presences of mind to go for the RNC when the opportunity presented itself. We know how far she goes will depend on takedown defense and how well she works off her back but this fight she showed exactly what you want to see from a prospect early in their MMA career.

Here is where I watched the fight.

Serrano is a much, much more talented boxer than Hardy. I've seen quite a bit of both over the years since I have a relative that works for Dibella and Hardy and Serrano were regulars on his Broadway Boxing circuit, I'm not all that surprised that Hardy's striking hasnt been impressive in MMA because she honestly wasn't all that great in boxing. Serrano is just way more skilled, explosive, and athletic.

Seems Kayla Hracho missed out on the Invicta contract to Cara Greenwell. I thought Kayla won their first fight handily enough but I guess you can't argue with a 3rd round rnc

From the Amanda Serrano clip yeah I like the relentless pressure. Using superior boxing to stalk her opponent down. Then getting the finish with a standing RNC. Noticed the DAZN logo on the mat. Anyone tried it yet?

Serrano is a much, much more talented boxer than Hardy. I've seen quite a bit of both over the years since I have a relative that works for Dibella and Hardy and Serrano were regulars on his Broadway Boxing circuit, I'm not all that surprised that Hardy's striking hasnt been impressive in MMA because she honestly wasn't all that great in boxing. Serrano is just way more skilled, explosive, and athletic.

Hardy had the skill of wading through punches and remaining upright. That was about it.

From the Amanda Serrano clip yeah I like the relentless pressure. Using superior boxing to stalk her opponent down. Then getting the finish with a standing RNC. Noticed the DAZN logo on the mat. Anyone tried it yet?

I signed up for the last Bellator even so I could see Rory/Gegard etc. Downloaded the app on my TV, during the prelims there were a few buffering issues but by the time the main card started it ran pretty smoothly for me. I just canceled my free trial last night though. Will be a case by case basis if I want to sign up again, depending on how strong each Bellator card is that will be exclusive to DAZN.

The only way I would sign up for DAZN is if Invicta ends up there other
then that I couldn't justify the 10 dollars a month.

Sarj is fighting Roxy now. The UFC sure "Bitch, know your role" 'd her

Atlantic City sounds nice to me.
not that. after they pulled Val from the fight Sarj begged to stay on the NYC card

so this was their way of placating her. Roxy was the only one who offered

Not much happening here, so I thought I'd risk linking to one of Kay Hansen's boxing matches. She goes by Kailyn there by the way. According to the California Commission she earned $1200 for this, which was more than I would have expected. Any other mma ladies taking boxing fights at the moment, beside Serrano and Hardy of course?

Hell Kay Hansen probably makes the same at Invicta since the
pay scale there is based on number of pro fights.

For those who don't pay attention to the cinema scene in Europe
Joanna Jedrzejczyk had a voice over role in Hotel Transylvania 3
for the Polish version of it.

How did Celine end up doing? Did she arm-bar someone in the boxing match?

Nickname challenge: How about Mio "Swamp Wave" Tsunuma? Too literal?

Jarl

Won her boxing match, lost in the kickboxing semis

It is indeed a slow news day. Thought I would add this: while kaytlin was by no means a fatty or anything, it definitely shows a difference between girls who work out and the “freshman fifteen”

44099732_748841642114847_3168957231836168192_n.jpg

Joselyne Edwards (8-1) has joined LFA's Women's Bantamweight division. I'm honestly not aware of any other 135ers that LFA has on roster. They'll obviously be putting her in some showcase fights and having her fight for a title against someone soon.

Why is Shevchenko a bad 'stylistic' matchup for JJ? Is it something in her counterpunching and / or footwork? Or perhaps her ground game? Yes they fought like last decade but it was a different sport. Shev is 'coming down' & JJ is 'moving up' but they're both fighting more at their true weight.

I'd place the match as an even pick 'em. Especially before seeing fight week & weigh ins. I'm all ears though if anyone cares to explain why Val should be the favorite.
Seriously I can't understand it also. JJ is not afraid of Shevchenko, I would say she is eagle to fight her. I noticed Valerie Leternoues post on her IG under JJ's statement (when UFC cancelled UFC 231 fight)...and seriously it looks like belt is not important for JJ, she is going for Shevchenko's head, because Valerie posted something like : you will get her another time (nothing about money, belt etc.) and they are friends...so I'm not sure what to think here, but motivation like: I want to beat her is imo better belt or money.
I will say JJ had two fighters in her career who were related to her and promoted by UFC based on their past fights. It was Claudia and Valentina.
Claudia because that controversial split decision and Shevchenko because some ancient fights from muay thai, both of fighters had pretty avarge careers in UFC: Cludia's best win is Esparza...and maybe Kowalkiewicz, her UFC record is 5-2...nothgin special even in WSW division. Same about Valentina...her best win is..Holly Holm? Seriously? UFC record is 4-2.
I would say resume-wise best female fighters in the UFC are Andrade, Nunes, Joanna.
Andrade because of number of win in two division (and being very undersized as WBW) :10-4
Nunes because her UFC run is impressive: 9-1. She demolished top wmma division in 2016, she is on 7 wins streak, and she will fight Cyborg.
Joanna because of very impressive run: 9-2, 8 wins streak, 6 title fights, she will surpass Ronda because of number of title fights:7.
Both ladies: Joanna and Amanda can really make strong statements in December, while their oponnents not really, because they are clearly favourites.

Seriously I can't understand it also. JJ is not afraid of Shevchenko, I would say she is eagle to fight her. I noticed Valerie Leternoues post on her IG under JJ's statement (when UFC cancelled UFC 231 fight)...and seriously it looks like belt is not important for JJ, she is going for Shevchenko's head, because Valerie posted something like : you will get her another time (nothing about money, belt etc.) and they are friends...so I'm not sure what to think here, but motivation like: I want to beat her is imo better belt or money.
I will say JJ had two fighters in her career who were related to her and promoted by UFC based on their past fights. It was Claudia and Valentina.
Claudia because that controversial split decision and Shevchenko because some ancient fights from muay thai, both of fighters had pretty avarge careers in UFC: Cludia's best win is Esparza...and maybe Kowalkiewicz, her UFC record is 5-2...nothgin special even in WSW division. Same about Valentina...her best win is..Holly Holm? Seriously? UFC record is 4-2.
I would say resume-wise best female fighters in the UFC are Andrade, Nunes, Joanna.
Andrade because of number of win in two division (and being very undersized as WBW) :10-4
Nunes because her UFC run is impressive: 9-1. She demolished top wmma division in 2016, she is on 7 wins streak, and she will fight Cyborg.
Joanna because of very impressive run: 9-2, 8 wins streak, 6 title fights, she will surpass Ronda because of number of title fights:7.
Both ladies: Joanna and Amanda can really make strong statements in December, while their oponnents not really, because they are clearly favourites.
Nunes may go down as a loss for Shevchenko, but it was a respectable loss, especially given Nunes being one of the best in all division for the UFC.

Yana looking for a fight, and she’s not looking for an easy one, either:

Assuming she can keep it on the feet, I have Aldana in that one.

Back