Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Zoila and Cindy was there for awhile also. Liz Phillips made it to the interview phase.
Bea Malecki also still in vegas

The poster referred to her as a tuf 28 contestant as well...

Valerie Letourneau v Kristina Williams at Bellator 201, gosh I was thinking that was a huge step up for Williams, but then with her length and kicks maybe Val will be getting Calderwood flashbacks.

Promo for Thai mma fights tomorrow, main event is the women again. The show should be streaming on the Ignite Fight Club facebook and/or youtube pages.

Thanks to Emma Thomas/Under the Ropes blog, figured out that Natchakamon's usual muay thai name is Wondergirl Lookjaroonsak.

Her little sister who cornered her in her first mma fight, fights as Supergirl Lookjaroonsak. Both of them are absurdly aggressive.

Molly McCann missed weight, a great way to make a first impression LOL

Solid job by Kate Jackson to mostly control Anastasia Yankova and end her streak. Yankova having weight issues in the past and maybe ? some sketchy views/ties I saw someone on Sherdog, had me looking at her sideways. Really needs to work on that grappling though.

Bunmi Ojewole def. Jacqualine Trosee via SUB (Rear-Naked Choke) R1.
Ojewole made quick work of Demolition Jacqui. Fight went just as I expected. Ojewole secured the takedown (Trosee tried to prevent it but Bunmi was just too powerful). Trosee gave up the back, Ojewole sunk the hooks in and got the tap. She's most likely fighting for the belt next.

Amanda Lino def. Rizlen Zouak via TKO (Punches) R3.
That was one fight. Lino had no answer to Zouak's spamming of the hip toss. Rizlen threatened with the armbar but man, Lino showed a ton heart and fought out of everything Zouak threw at her. Third round looked to be going the same way with Zouak getting the hip toss and going for the armbar, but Lino fought it off and wound up on top, raining down punches until the ref stepped in for the finish. Definitely one of the best WMMA bouts I've seen this year, great work from both fighters.

I expect Lino vs. Ojewole to be the next title fight. Unless Lino goes down to flyweight again, but there's really no clear challenger there at the moment... unless Shana Power comes back and strings together a few wins (but with her weight issues I think it'd be better for her to move up to 135 also).

Last edited:
Rizlen should take some masterclass seminars in how to finish the scarfhold armlock from the Dark Destroyer herself, Cindy Dandois

Rizlen should take some masterclass seminars in how to finish the scarfhold armlock from the Dark Destroyer herself, Cindy Dandois
She randomly went for a leglock in the first round which had me confused. It cost her in the end because Lino ended up on top and almost got the rear naked choke in. Really needs to work on her cardio too because she was tired in the later two rounds, breathing mouth open and swinging wild.

Zouak had no idea what to do once she had Lino on the ground, other than going for a decent crucifix and some armbar attempts.. disappointed. Was expecting more of her grappling, was clearly bigger and heavier and couldn't use it properly, almost shameful.
Props to Lino, who was countering Zouak a lot and well enough, and if she was a true 135er, the fight would've been probably different, more one sided, since she would have more power behind her shots.

She randomly went for a leglock in the first round which had me confused. It cost her in the end because Lino ended up on top and almost got the rear naked choke in. Really needs to work on her cardio too because she was tired in the later two rounds, breathing mouth open and swinging wild.

it kind of reminded me of Shafir (shorter stocky judoka) vs Leibrock (taller, short haired striker), Shafir was KO'd playing footsie, although Rizlen wasn't (for a few rounds anyway).
Leglocks are usually a bad idea in MMA...

I was surprised Rizlen wasn't able to finish her armbars (she had several some good attempts), or do a better job of holding down 'south african leibrock'.

oh well, may your gurl come back stronger :p

Zouak had no idea what to do once she had Lino on the ground, other than going for a decent crucifix and some armbar attempts.. disappointed. Was expecting more of her grappling, was clearly bigger and heavier and couldn't use it properly, almost shameful.
Props to Lino, who was countering Zouak a lot and well enough, and if she was a true 135er, the fight would've been probably different, more one sided, since she would have more power behind her shots.
Yeah I was disappointed in her grappling too. I really thought she would get the submission because she was much bigger than Lino. Hope she learns from her mistakes in this fight and comes back stronger the next time round.
-----
It also wouldn't hurt for EFC to bring in women from outside of Africa to compete in their division. I mean there's literally only four women right now. Morgane Ribout could do with some international exposure (I'm sure Invicta is gonna pick her up soon anyway but it's worth being signed by the largest MMA promotion in Africa at the moment, plus the crowds are pretty decent). Katarzyna Sadura and Lucie Mudrochova would be good signings too.

Last edited:
Zouak seemed extremly strong until she gassed, this judo throws looked impressive.
A shame that her stand up and fight iq is shit.

Btw. Trosse looked weak (also in her previous fights). A shame that she seems to be one of the main WMMA fighters/stars in the EFC.

Zouak seemed extremly strong until she gassed, this judo throws looked impressive.
A shame that her stand up and fight iq is shit.

Btw. Trosse looked weak (also in her previous fights). A shame that she seems to be one of the main WMMA fighters/stars in the EFC.
I’m hoping Zouak improves a little bit in the coming months. I think it’s easy to forget she’s coming up on her 1st year of fighting, and had no ammy bouts.

With any luck, EFC books Bunmi vs Lino, and Shana Power vs Rizlen.

Amanda Lino def. Rizlen Zouak via TKO (Punches) R3.
That was one fight. Lino had no answer to Zouak's spamming of the hip toss. Rizlen threatened with the armbar but man Lino showed a ton heart and fought out of everything Zouak threw at her. Third round looked to be going the same way with Zouak getting the hip toss and going for the armbar, but Lino fought it off and wound up on top, raining down punches until the ref stepped in for the finish. Definitely one of the best WMMA bouts I've seen this year, great work from both fighters.

I expect Lino vs. Ojewole to be the next title fight. Unless Lino goes down to flyweight again, but there's really no clear challenger there at the moment.

What an exciting fight, thanks for mentioning it. A roller coaster. Zouak kept getting in great positions with the hip throws & arm bar attempts. Lino like you said showed a lot of heart working her way out of danger. Eventually landing in a good spot, throwing those punches until the finish. Much respect to both women.

All eyes on Till but Molly McCann also had a date with the scales this morning

Back