Official Women's Division Discussion #25

2/2 for submissions for Robertson now in the UFC. Sure, McCann's lack of ground game of any kind maybe made this easier, but as I was thinking last time Gillian fought, she really seems to have potential to become quite damn good - grappling is already well on its way :)

Not the debut Molly McCann would have wanted. I underestimated Robertson on the ground, very smooth at transitioning into positions, looking for submissions and just looked very dominant overall (that first round could have been a 10-8). It's always exciting to see fighters who were knocked out in the first or second rounds of TUF make a resurgence. I'm interested to see where Savage goes from here and her continuous improvement.

Yeaaah! 2-0 in UFC for ms. Robertson.
Great performance, scary submission.

DeNp6d0XkAYGWC9.jpg:large

I wonder if UFC will have McCann back after that. For me something like that is much worse having than Cindy Dandois there, but Dandois is banished from the big stage due to her striking not looking pretty enough. Just funny the way poor striking is viewed vis-a-vis absolutely terrible grappling.
And boy, to Brit womyn have absolutely terrible grappling.

The only positive about Länsberg/Mazany is that it is now over.

The f'd up thing is that Lansberg still probably beats most of the people in this division sleeping on them against the fence.

Robertson impressive with another win. Should move into top ten fairly soon. Looking forward to her future. Meatball's gotta develop a ground game.

Lansberg dominated as a tough veteran. Perfect strategy - work Mazany into the clinch, pound with knees & elbows. Mazany had no answer for it.

McCann missed weight and got totally destroyed in her debut.
Fighters got cut for less.

McCann missed weight and got totally destroyed in her debut.
Fighters got cut for less.
I’d like to see her against Shana Dobson, or maybe Priscilla Cachoeria (when she returns) personally. There’s also Kalindra Faria, but Molly deserves someone with similar experience IMO.

I think Robertson would be well suited to take on either Mueller or the winner Del La Rosa/ Ostovich.

Woke up just too late for Robertson McCann. Gonna have to try to find a vid.

@curryjunkie right now:

Hopefully that Lansberg vs. Mazany bout serves as a wake up call to the UFC that they need to start getting more women for that division. Hopefully after the Brazilian DWTNCS we get some new faces to shake things up.

I'd like to see Lansberg take on the winner of Correia vs. Aldana. Mazany vs. Bernardo or Moras. McCann vs. Dobson & Robertson vs. the winner of MDLR vs. Ostovich.

Last edited:
So Robertson now has two straight wins. Will it be enough to get her ranked?

KGB got ranked with one win.

Hopefully that Lansberg vs. Mazany bout serves as a wake up call to the UFC that they need to start getting more women for that division. Hopefully after the Brazilian DWTNCS we get some new faces to shake things up.
Hopefully they sign all four winners of those fights, although I'm iffy about Duda making 135, she looks huge on her instagram

I’d like to see her against Shana Dobson, or maybe Priscilla Cachoeria (when she returns) personally. There’s also Kalindra Faria, but Molly deserves someone with similar experience IMO.

I think Robertson would be well suited to take on either Mueller or the winner Del La Rosa/ Ostovich.
Is Kalindra Faria still signed? I hope so.

Glena Avila won her retirement fight Saturday night.

048_이예지-vs-아라이-미카_0528.jpg

Atomweight: Ye-Ji Lee (3-3 Korea) vs. Mika Arai (3-0 Japan)

Lee returns to action almost a year to fight once again in her hometown of Wonju, where she celebrated her first win, and also her most recent loss.

Arai returns to Road FC for the first time since her debut "win" against Yun-Ha Hong. Hong missed weight, and due to the rules, all Mika had to do was not get finished to win, due to the deficit in Road FC's scoring system. She has since gone on to defeat both of her subsequent opponents in DEEP Jewels.

also, Road FC is having a contest to decide Lee's new nickname (former nickname is "high school fighter") on their facebook.

http://roadfc.co.kr/main/news/news_view.php?key=JTI1MjUzRFl6TjRFVE0=

Back