Official Women's Division Discussion #25

I personally like Bernardo, I hope they give her another fight soon, some of her grappling against Marion Reneau impressed me.

I wonder if there's any other Brazilian BWs they're considering. Would like to see Karol Rosa, and maybe Larissa Pacheco (who recently defeated Rosa at 145).

ETA: They should consider reaching out to the Eastern European scene soon, lots of great talent there.
I think Pacheco has grown a bit in the last years, she was about 20 in her first UFC fight if i'm not mistaken, now at 23 her body probably changed a looot, i hope she goes to the 145 TUF try outs to be honest.

Lara Procópio, Mayra Bueno Silva and Melissa Gatto are some other names i think they should take a look at.

And i agree, they definitely should go to Eastern Europe, scouting should be easy there, many big and talented women.

I have not really been posting as much lately (busy with work) and I would like to thank the regulars of this thread. You clowns make it the first place I come to when looking for information about WMMA.

Strawweight division: Jamie Moyle (4-2) faces Emily Whitmire (2-2) at UFC 226 on July 7.

Didn't Whitmire said during TUF that she was killing herself to make 115 and didn't wanted to try it again? Something like that? Or it was other fighter?

According to what Emily Whitmire said on Instagram when
i bought up Strawweight she said she walks between 133-137 lbs.

Didn't Whitmire said during TUF that she was killing herself to make 115 and didn't wanted to try it again? Something like that? Or it was other fighter?
I thought that was Deanna Bennett? Idk but they probably offered her a fight at 115 and said they'd cut her if she didn't accept so she magically was a strawweight again.

I thought that was Deanna Bennett? Idk but they probably offered her a fight at 115 and said they'd cut her if she didn't accept so she magically was a strawweight again.
I think you're right, it was Bennett, my bad.

Moyle should win this comfortably.

I have not really been posting as much lately (busy with work) and I would like to thank the regulars of this thread. You clowns make it the first place I come to when looking for information about WMMA.

Same here. I don't contribute much content but enjoy reading & sometimes sharing my clownish opinions.

I also love how we can all have vastly differing opinions on topics and we rarely if ever get into arguments. We just state our cases and while some will disagree with you it always seems to stay civil. This is a rare thing in the MMA community.

Just read that at Cage Warriors 93 (125, flyweight) Malin Hermannson beat Cornelia Holm in a hard fought split decision. Anyone see it or know where to watch?

Just read that at Cage Warriors 93 (125, flyweight) Malin Hermannson beat Cornelia Holm in a hard fought split decision. Anyone see it or know where to watch?
At about 1:20:00

Same here. I don't contribute much content but enjoy reading & sometimes sharing my clownish opinions.

Coming from the person who wants to turn women's TUF women's 145 into a kickboxing tournament (plus Cindy Dandois), I think clownish opinions are optimal.

Coming from the person who wants to turn women's TUF women's 145 into a kickboxing tournament (plus Cindy Dandois), I think clownish opinions are optimal.

15 professional kick boxers and Cindy Dandois? That sounds like glorious television.

Jungle Fight is having (or has had?) another event today, featuring a flyweight bout between Samara Santos (10-4-1) and Rayane Bastos (2-0-0). No result yet, I dunno where they stream JF so no idea if we can get a video of it either.

Much appreciated. Enjoyed Hermannson's foot work & crisp combinations. She can work on getting off the fence. Holm looks good in the clinch and on top & can improve on doing damage from those positions. I had it 29-28 Hermannson (winning the first two rounds) but it was close, especially considering Holm clearly won round 3.

I also love how we can all have vastly differing opinions on topics and we rarely if ever get into arguments. We just state our cases and while some will disagree with you it always seems to stay civil. This is a rare thing in the MMA community.

Indeed.

My two cents - we will get a lot of bantamweights for the TUF tryouts. If this means a shot at getting into the UFC they will risk it (plus won't have to cut and maintain as much). And with a good number of bantamweights dropping to 125, they need them bad.

Interested to know if Shannon knew about this hence why she was waiting to filled the Invicta 145 title

Jungle Fight is having (or has had?) another event today, featuring a flyweight bout between Samara Santos (10-4-1) and Rayane Bastos (2-0-0). No result yet, I dunno where they stream JF so no idea if we can get a video of it either.

Heard there wasn't a stream for it will have the result most likely on Monday when I update my site.

I know this isn't MMA but worth noting for the first time on US TV Cecilia Brækhus (32-0) is fighting Kali Reis this coming Saturday on HBO. Brækhus p4p best female boxer around. Cyborg wants to fight her in boxing.

Heard there wasn't a stream for it will have the result most likely on Monday when I update my site.

It aired on Bandsports TV, but not the usual facebook/bandsports webpage spots for some reason.

Bastos won by third round armbar. She got her back taken in the first round after being faceplanted by a trip, but survived. Bastos is pretty awkward/green looking, but that's a pretty good win for someone that has recent prom photos on their social media.

------------------------------------

Also Bernise Alldis won her pro debut, though I haven't seen it (behind a paywall http://www.mmatv.co.uk/mma/fusion-27/). Alldis is 30 coming up on her 15-16th year fighting, so she's got a lot of miles. Very accomplished kickboxer though.

Rocking a crazy scar she got from Van Soest.

Last edited:
Back