Official Women's Division Discussion #25

I am excited to see how Amanda Serrano does in her MMA Debut this week. I think she will be a better prospect than Heather Hardy and the other boxing to MMA girls. No way to fully understand until we see her in action though.

I am excited to see how Amanda Serrano does in her MMA Debut this week. I think she will be a better prospect than Heather Hardy and the other boxing to MMA girls. No way to fully understand until we see her in action though.
7 years younger than Hardy, i doubt somehow she performs worse

This is the very young girl(at the time) who shocked a lot of people and won EBI. I been keeping an eye on her since then. After a few fights she has now signed with Invicta.

This is the very young girl who shocked a lot of people and won EBI. I been keeping an eye on her since then. After a few fights she has now signed with Invicta.

yessssssss.

I don't have instagram or twitter or whatever the fuck... just facebook. So thanks.

espn and nbc will also have streaming rights and the fightpass prelims moving to their streaming platforms.

If this impacts fight pass, I’m definitely not for it.

contender series to replace tuf (each network gets one season each per year)

I’m over the whole TUF thing now so I wouldn’t mind them getting rid of it.

Ppv’s reduced to 6 a year.

I live in London so this doesn’t affect me in any way

New weight classes to be added to help fill the increased fight nights (men 165, female 105, etc)

As a WMMA fan, I have no issues with that (Mens 165 is a terrible idea though)

each network will have exclusive rights to certain fighters (similar to how hbo and showtime have their own boxers which they develop and build) outside of ppv.

By far the worst part of this alleged deal.

By far the worst part of this alleged deal.

What, you don't want a "Smackdown vs. Raw" type of deal going on?

"This ain't none of that ESPN crap fights going on, this is NBC, where the big boys fight!"

Taunts like that going on? It'll be amazing. Phenomenal. Terrific. I know ideas, and this is the best.

I'm hoping that Fight Pass doesn't go away with the new deal
since i still watch the Invicta FC events and the Women's fights
with Glory Kickboxing when they feature on the Super Fight
Series.

They have a lot of properties and a huge library not to keep Fight Pass. I really hope NBC or ESPN considers maybe airing one or two cards.

This is the very young girl(at the time) who shocked a lot of people and won EBI. I been keeping an eye on her since then. After a few fights she has now signed with Invicta.

So happy for Erin - I also covered her for my Future Stars column. Had talked to Shannon and Kaitlin about signing her.

Ramona Pascul vs Marina Kumagai set for RaodFC in China May 12

Ramona Pascul vs Marina Kumagai set for RaodFC in China May 12

Ramona has such a great story, and certainly has promise at bantamweight. IMHO, she lost the first round of her last fight, but really took over via experience and clinch control in rds 2-3, Alba KK over Rose.

Canadian Melissa Karagianis talks promotional debut for RIZIN on May 6

She will fight Kanna Asakura.
170705deepjewels-asakura-267x400.jpg

Last edited:
What, you don't want a "Smackdown vs. Raw" type of deal going on?

"This ain't none of that ESPN crap fights going on, this is NBC, where the big boys fight!"

Taunts like that going on? It'll be amazing. Phenomenal. Terrific. I know ideas, and this is the best.

ESPN gets 135 and 105, while NBC gets 125 and 115. Then we get invasions like in last year's lead up to Survivor Series.

I don't see how plausible this ESPN/NBC rumor is considering ESPN is with ABC due to Disney.

I don't see how plausible this ESPN/NBC rumor is considering ESPN is with ABC due to Disney.
ESPN and TNT split NBA games. Lots of channels split NFL games. I don't see the difference.

Megan Anderson vs Holly Holm set for ufc 225

Ideal outcome would be Anderson winning to set up the Cyborg fight. Not sure what happens if Holly wins, as it would eliminate a new challenger for Cyborg (which she desperately needs) and I can't imagine anybody is clamoring for Cyborg/Holm 2 considering how the 1st fight played out.

Maybe in that case, they would circle back to the Amanda/Cyborg fight.

Ideal outcome would be Anderson winning to set up the Cyborg fight. Not sure what happens if Holly wins, as it would eliminate a new challenger for Cyborg (which she desperately needs) and I can't imagine anybody is clamoring for Cyborg/Holm 2 considering how the 1st fight played out.

Maybe in that case, they would circle back to the Amanda/Cyborg fight.
They will probably do Holly/Cyborg 2 if the Amanda fight does not line up. This is the reason why Holly is staying at 145. She will always be 1 fight away from a title shot at 145 and we have already seen how badly she did at 135. Holly has a huge pay jump in her contract for title fights. 145 is basically perfect for her, as long as she does not mind fighting Cyborg over and over.

Back