Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Pearl Gonzalez just fought on the last Invicta card. Wtf?

Pearl has a huge following - a lot of people traveled to see her fight in SLC. Claimed to me that she has a lot of people wanting to see her fight in KC as well. Since came out of the fight pretty much healthy, she was offered to be on the card that night.

Pearl has a huge following - a lot of people traveled to see her fight in SLC. Claimed to me that she has a lot of people wanting to see her fight in KC as well. Since came out of the fight pretty much healthy, she was offered to be on the card that night.

I have no problem with it as long as she fights like she did last fight. Now that Dana's raiding party has hopefully slowed down, Invicta needs to build some new stars.

I have no problem with it as long as she fights like she did last fight. Now that Dana's raiding party has hopefully slowed down, Invicta needs to build some new stars.

The skirt has to go though.

Holy Crap! Possibly big news for the WMMA community was just leaked. A poster who is known to have had legit connections to the UFC for years just dropped some news on what could possibly happen with the new UFC TV deal. A side effect of the new multiple channel deal structure means they will need more fighters. Where he said they will then create a mens 165 division and female 105 division. The deal is not finalized yet and is subject to change but this new deal possibly meaning the acceleration of the UFC making an atomweight division has me getting excited.

If anyone is actually interested in the possible structure of the new TV deal I can post that also.

Holy Crap! Possibly big news for the WMMA community was just leaked. A poster who is known to have had legit connections to the UFC for years just dropped some news on what could possibly happen with the new UFC TV deal. A side effect of the new multiple channel deal structure means they will need more fighters. Where he said they will then create a mens 165 division and female 105 division. The deal is not finalized yet and is subject to change but this new deal possibly meaning the acceleration of the UFC making an atomweight division has me getting excited.

If anyone is actually interested in the possible structure of the new TV deal I can post that also.

Yes.

For those interested in what the new TV Deal could look like I will just copy what he had to say here.

"Espn and NBC to split an expanded tv package.

320m/yr (160m/yr each). Espn and nbc to pay for production (current deal ufc pays for production)

espn and nbc will also have streaming rights and the fightpass prelims moving to their streaming platforms.

contender series to replace tuf (each network gets one season each per year)

Ppv’s reduced to 6 a year.

New weight classes to be added to help fill the increased fight nights (men 165, female 105, etc)

each network will have exclusive rights to certain fighters (similar to how hbo and showtime have their own boxers which they develop and build) outside of ppv.

Wme hoping to have verbal agreements by end of the month. Of course anything can happen until the last minute."

I remember her fight in UFC being among the worst I've ever seen. Its a huge contrast to her fight in Invicta, which I initially skipped, but went back to see since the feedback was positive. She ever comment on why she had such a ridiculous gameplan in that UFC fight where she was deservedly cut after?

Where are you getting this from?
From MMALOGIC. He is a poster who has broken UFC news multiple times over the years. He does not post often. Sometimes he goes months without posting but when he does its usually to gloat about or drop news on the business side of things. It is rumored that his account is controlled by multiple people with connections to the UFC but his news has been pretty credible in the past so that does not matter to me.

I'm hoping that Fight Pass doesn't go away with the new deal
since i still watch the Invicta FC events and the Women's fights
with Glory Kickboxing when they feature on the Super Fight
Series.

I still think this is bullshit

Well nothing is finalized so technically its not true. Its pretty much a framework for a deal. The UFC usually leaks things like this before finalizing the deal to gauge how the fan base reacts to it. It can also be used to put the pressure on FOX to up their offer before things get finalized.

Well nothing is finalized so technically its not true. Its pretty much a framework for a deal. The UFC usually leaks things like this before finalizing the deal to gauge how the fan base reacts to it.

My reaction is "Do whatever the fuck you fools want, but leave Invicta alone"

Randa Markos vs. Nina Ansaroff added to UFC on Fox 30 in Calgary, Alberta, (July 28th)

Regardless on if its true or not my feelings on the TV deal as stated are mostly good.

Pros:
Atomweights in the UFC - usually exciting fights and i'm always down for WMMA getting paid more.
Bigger names on free cards. Due to only 6 PPvs a year
More Free cards
More cards should mean more active fighters which mean they can fight through their contract fasters for pay bumps.

Cons:
Champions like Tyron, Joanna who push to be on the big cards headlined by the actual draws will find it much harder to receive those huge paydays. My guess is that they will chose the higher guaranteed purse option now. This means it would be more possible to see a fight like Rose vs Joanna on free TV.

The need for more fighters might mean lowering the quality of fighters even more at the bottom of the divisions.

The Splitting certain fighters for each channel thing might be bad depending on how its executed.

30629875_1866428700322710_7220210154903209014_n.jpg

Hayley Turner (1-0) is traveling to Florida to take on another Bantamweight at Battleground MMA on April 27th. An opponent hasn't been made official but recent Invicta debutante Sarah Kleczka (1-0) will also be on the card and that would be a good fight. Jessica Borga (0-1) is also set to be on the card.

This Fight is also on Fight Pass HERE

Turner is a lanky Bantamweight with a lot of range. She had an undefeated amateur career going 3-0 and decided it was time to go pro against Bellator vet Chrissie Daniels. She won with a 1st round TKO. Team SFS has built quite the stable of female fighters here in Michigan. She's also been working on her striking at Roufusport in Milwaukee.

Sarah Kleczka also had a great pro debut against Amateur Title Holder Amber Lynn Orr where she was able to win by Split Decision under the Invicta banner.

Last edited:
Back