Official Women's Division Discussion #25

I don't think so. SW has more high lv talent right now.

SW has more hype around fighters, not more high lv talents than BW.

Juliana Penna is a midget compared to Vieira, she could make FLW before pregnancy, probably walks around 140-148 lbs, Vieira walks around 160-170 lbs, maybe they have a similar HEIGHT, but size wise? A different division between them, Vieira is probably much stronger and i'd actually make a bet Vieira submits her, i think Vieira is better everywhere except conditioning and i don't think that fight would be 5 rounds, not with Pena coming of a loss. No momentum at all.

Pena is shredded, she could be 10 lbs heavier if she carries some fat like Vieira.

Julianna-Pena_453510_right70.png

Pena is faster, more agile and has a better gas tank. With a 69 in reach, Pena has every physical gift which needs to be a elite fighter. It's up to her whether she can put things together.

I'm favoring Rose because it's such a quick rematch and I pretty much always favor the previous winner unless there's compelling evidence that the rematch will be any different from the first. Especially I don't know if Joanna can improve enough in such a short time.
JJ already has all the weapons which she needs to defeat Rose: dominating clinch game, elite TDD and submission defence, excellent cardio.

All she needs to do is ditching her past gameplan and attacking Rose's weakness. She needs to slow down the the striking output and duck her chin, then wait for opportunity to clinch and beat Rose in the clinch.

If she tries to strike with Rose on the outside, she likely will lose to Rose again.

Herica looks like she is ready to give birth any day now

That was a month ago, I’m sure she’s had the baby by now.

Look forward to seeing Pena fight again. Any timetable for her return?

Unconfirmed rumors of a fight between baby Tiburcio vs. baby Pena. Might take a while to sign.

Julianna Pena may not be back until November or December
if she is looking to be in prime shape and get a camp in the can
before her first fight back.

Would a joke about Cyborg challenging one of these children be be out of oder?

Better be careful floating pictures like those around.... Cyborg might pick her as her next challenge.
Low and disgusting sense of humor imo, but whatever, just don't expected it here, maybe in the heavies but so-called WMMA fans should be more respectful to all women, maybe?

Unconfirmed rumors of a fight between baby Tiburcio vs. baby Pena. Might take a while to sign.
<{1-7}>

LOL !

Megumi Fujii's kid will rule them all!

Araya might want to claim the cute babyweight belt

95d8c3693481c6462b157f8a8136d92b.jpg

Individual matches from Deep Jewels 19 are up, but still need a vpn to watch.
https://abema.tv/video/title/401-3

Mina Kurobe vs SARAMI is the best fight I've seen from the promotion. Close fight, and the best I've seen SARAMI look in general, who seems to have turned a corner with her skillset. It wasn't that long ago she looked questionable everywhere that wasn't a scarf hold. Now replaces Emi Tomimatsu as the best atomweight with the worst record. Kurobe gets a shot in RIzin now!

Under cards on Jewels shows are always a bit rough, most of the fighters are very early in development; but Hikaru Aono & Mika Arai seem promising. Aono in particular looks like someone with a strong wrestling background.

Nanaka Kawamura lost her pro debut, but can only imagine they'll keep using her. Seems to be even more popular than the Rizin fighters.

Last edited:
I kinda wanna see Kurobe fight for the invicta belt. If not they can do Jinh Yu Frey vs Minna Grusander for the belt if the latter wins her next fight

I kinda wanna see Kurobe fight for the invicta belt. If not they can do Jinh Yu Frey vs Minna Grusander for the belt if the latter wins her next fight
Maybe even Frey vs. Kurobe

In the middle of the fight, the lights go out briefly, and when they come back on, both fighters are on the mat unconscious. Suddenly, Seo Hee Ham appears on the big scree, with the Road FC belt on one shoulder, the Invicta FC belt on the other shoulder, smiling, and starts laughing maniacally. TJ: "Oh god, Jules, the horror!"

Back