Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Alex looks like she doesn't even diet or dehydrate to compete at 115.

^ I like this fight. Pennington deserves it and they're in the same division. If Nunes has an amazing performance especially a strong finish it could create more hype for a Nunes showdown with Cyborg. Cyborg can wait, she's fought twice recently and I think she's adopting a niece (something like that) and probably needs time to help her get situated.

WON reports, based on very prelim number, #UFC222 did between 210k and 260k buys. #UFC

Not bad, especially considering the opponent

If Nunes wins and fights Cyborg next, Reneau vs. Vieira for a titleshot is the fight to make, in my opinion it should be 5 rounds, a headliner for a UFN.

All nº 1 contender fights should be 5 rounds.

WON reports, based on very prelim number, #UFC222 did between 210k and 260k buys. #UFC

Not bad, especially considering the opponent
With only 3 weeks of promotion, Cyborg proving herself a draw once again.

I would prefer Vieira vs De Randamie, just because I think Vieira beats them both and I don’t want Reneau to be derailed yet.

200k+ is a great number for a event with only 3 weeks of specific promotion

Romero vs. Whittaker did about 130k for example, UFC 218 was much more stacked and did just 230k, 215 did 200k

200k+ is a great number for a event with only 3 weeks of specific promotion

Romero vs. Whittaker did about 130k for example, UFC 218 was much more stacked and did just 230k, 215 did 200k

Yeah no doubt in my mind Cyborg is currently one of the bigger draws in the ufc. People have to realize it’s a sliding scale. No ones going to be doing Ronda, Conor, Brock or GSP numbers until someone just truly catches and resonates and becomes a huge star. Promotion is important but you can’t fully predict who will take off.

But Cyborg is getting solid numbers. I think it’s pretty clear people tune in to see her.

Cyborg can wait for the Nunes-Pennington fight to be over with. Fought a lot in the past six months so needs the break.

I wouldn't count Pennington out - thought she beat Holly.

Cyborg can wait for the Nunes-Pennington fight to be over with. Fought a lot in the past six months so needs the break.

I wouldn't count Pennington out - thought she beat Holly.

She’s tough as hell. Just a great fight mentality. If Nunes goes blitz in the early going, we will see what happens but if she fights at that very measured pace to conserve energy for a five rounder, Rocky can outwork her in my opinion.

If Nunes goes blitz in the early going, we will see what happens but if she fights at that very measured pace to conserve energy for a five rounder, Rocky can outwork her in my opinion.
Lots of ppl still don't understand Nunes' style. She is not a brawler who decides to go blitz whenever she likes after she moved to ATT. Now she is a very patient striker who waits for openning to launch powerful strikes, against Mcmann she backpedaled most of round 1 before Mcmann gave her a wide openning.

I think it may be interesting for you guys as I just found it online.

Ariane Lipski in a recent post-fight media scrum said she wants to fight Niedzwiedz. Agnieszka's manager twitted asking fans about it and call it an easy fight. I think both have contracts somewhere else and it looks more like a hype steal attempt as Lipski may be more popular here in Poland. What do you think guys? Here is an article I found. I would watch but I doubt it's even real option.

https://mma.pl/menadzer-agnieszki-niedzwiedz-lipski-mi-to-wyglada-na-latwa-walke/
Easy fight for Lipski. Aga has little chance in a 5 round fight, her conditioning is awful and Lipski has ground skills to survive Aga's early takedowns.

Interesting. I agree FLW has surpassed BW, and there's still some talent left to debut in UFC like Maia, KGB, Kuma, Lipski, Nakai (at least in her weight class), maybe Weili Zhang if she chooses to fight at FLW etc

UFC should invest more at Bantamweight. Do some global scouting and bring 4-6 new fighters, at least.

BW looks bad recently because UFC fucked up matchmaking in BW last year. The biggest mistake is GDR vs Holm at 145. This fight cost two top BW contenders while there was no clear contender after Shev.

I think BW is still on par with SW in term of talents. SW has lots of fighters, so matchmaking is easy to build up contenders.

FLW is far behind BW and SW in term of talents. Maia had trouble with Roxy, Kuma became a punching bag after 2 rounds, who knows if KGB can make weight without help from drug.

Back