Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Jessica probably beats anyone not named Joanna, and maybe even her on an off day.

I think Macedo is no near top 10.

Also Herrig hasn't win any one in top 8. And she has also lost to PVZ, which is humiliating. If KK can't win Felice, she is done. I get the picture, you say I don't know how good Felice is, but the fact is she has win streak over bums and lost to PVZ.

Jessica A should be next in line for title shot because of her victory over Claudia. She lost to champ, but after victory over Tecia she should have the title shot.

<36>

Not an opinion to be taken seriously.

Like I said it is fact,
not an opinion! Felice has nothing to do with top rank girls.
You said she's only beaten trash opponents in her run, which is laughable. Two of those opponents were undefeated at the time, and Felice was the underdog to them. Casey is hardly trash, either.

Then you bring up the PVZ loss, which was three years ago. As we all know, fighters can never change up their training and improve. :rolleyes:

You then say that if KK loses to Felice, she's done. All you are, is an ignorant fool and hater. Your posts definitely reek of a recent join date.

You said she's only beaten trash opponents in her run, which is laughable. Two of those opponents were undefeated at the time, and Felice was the underdog to them. Casey is hardly trash, either.

Then you bring up the PVZ loss, which was three years ago. As we all know, fighters can never change up their training and improve. :rolleyes:

You then say that if KK loses to Felice, she's done. All you are, is an ignorant fool and hater. Your posts definitely reek of a recent join date.

There is no win over top 8 fighter. When ppl like you start talking about title shot, it is a hype job. No matter join date, or number of posts (20k+). Felice has nothing to do with top ranks until she beats top rank. Maybe they are not total trash but I need to state counter argument agains hype jobbers like you who think fighter can get title shot with win streak over non top8 fighters.

There is no win over top 8 fighter. When ppl like you start talking about title shot, it is a hype job. No matter join date, or number of posts (20k+). Felice has nothing to do with top ranks until she beats top rank. Maybe they are not total trash but I need to state counter argument agains hype jobbers like you who think fighter can get title shot with win streak over non top8 fighters.
No one believes she should get a titleshot right now, with "no top 8 win", speaking only for myself, i think she will get it IF she beats Karolina. Not only that, but her titleshot will depends of other results, like Joanna beating Rose and Andrade beating Torres. Then, Felice would be next, since Andrade already got her shot at Joanna recently.

And Felice is a vet, not sure how you can call her a hype job.

Maia's signing was about time to be honest. Glad it's finally happening for her. They'll eventually pick up Niedzwiedz (who I think needs to develop more) and Porto as time goes by. I think a fight against Valentina could be in the cards but then again I think what could also happen is a JAG vs. Claudia UFC 190 situation where they sign Maia and put her in a title eliminator fight on the same card Montano vs. Shevchenko happens (granted, JJ vs. Letourneau wasn't on the same card as JAG / Claudia but still). I think a suitable opponent would be Alexis Davis. I'm still holding out for Murphy vs. Eubanks because backstory. I think it all depends on how Montano's foot is doing, if she's back soon enough then I can see Valentina getting the title shot but if more time is required then I can also see Maia vs. Valentina for the title shot.

I think Waterson will struggle with Casey's size... I don't mind who wins this, don't want either to lose :p

No one believes she should get a titleshot right now, with "no top 8 win", speaking only for myself, i think she will get it IF she beats Karolina. Not only that, but her titleshot will depends of other results, like Joanna beating Rose and Andrade beating Torres. Then, Felice would be next, since Andrade already got her shot at Joanna recently.

And Felice is a vet, not sure how you can call her a hype job.

Im calling her hype job just in case she gets that title shot because I don't think deserves that. If she wins KK I hope she gets a chance to fight some top level opponents to prove herself worthy of a title shot. This is her 4-win streak (I remembered it was 5):

Cortney Casey-Sanchez, Journeywoman, I know she might seem like a real contender, and maybe she is, but her record is journeywoman level.

Justine Kish , Good victory, Justine was undefeated and victory over Randa Markos from 2014.

Alexa Grasso, Alexa was a hype job from Invicta FC, I think it was good victory for Felice. She stopped hype train. But was Alexa really that good? She seemed good before she lost to Felice. Alexa still needs to prove herself to be considered a real contender.

Kailin Curran, I dont think Kailin as a worthy opponent.

Not trying to hate any one, but trying express that Felice is journeywoman at this point. I wish you best luck Felice for your fight against KK. And Good luck KK too, not hating either of you. Felice needs victory from KK to be able to step up from journeywoman status to contender status. I see KK as a gatekeeper now. She is not ready for the title but victory over her might open doors to other gatekeeper or even to title shot, which I think it's not right, but like you said it might happen.

Two Brazilians fighting at SFL, Sarah Frota moves to 7-0.

I'm a bit excited for Asha Roka vs Sarah Frota now. I'm curious which flyweights are on the other teams.

Last edited:
Ramona Pascual signs with Phuket Top Team. She goes from training in Hong Kong, to sleeping on gym floors in Korea while filming a reality show, to winning a fight in Road FC, to signing with a major team in Asia. All within the span of a year.

Yustina Grachyk vs. Anzhelika Zakharchenko on weight at 135 for SLMMA 13 Saturday.

Jingnan Xiong making a fast turnaround. Unusally fast for a champion in ONE. Can't help but think they'll try to put her on a China card (if they have one that doesn't fall through).

Why is Alexis Davis (7-2 in UFC) ranked under Lauren Murphy (2-3 in UFC)? Some wwe shit is going on, I wouldn't count out that UFC gives Lauren Murphy a titleshot because she has been playing a heel.

Alexis Davis has the second best resume among WFLW fighters, she should have been ranked #2.

Why is Alexis Davis (7-2 in UFC) ranked under Lauren Murphy (2-3 in UFC)? Is this because she has been playing a heel?

Alexis Davis has the second best resume among WFLW fighters, she should have been ranked #2.

Because the UFC ranking system is a joke.

Why is Alexis Davis (7-2 in UFC) ranked under Lauren Murphy (2-3 in UFC)? Some wwe shit is going on, I wouldn't count out that UFC gives Lauren Murphy a titleshot because she has been playing a heel.

Because the UFC ranking system is a joke.

Most likely because beating Barb Honchak at flyweight>beating Liz Carmouche at flyweight.

No, it is an opinion. Please learn the difference.

Champion : Rose Namajunas
1 Joanna Jedrzejczyk
2 Jessica Andrade
3 Claudia Gadelha
4 Karolina Kowalkiewicz
5 Tecia Torres
6 Carla Esparza
7 Michelle Waterson
8 Felice Herrig
9 Cynthia Calvillo

Whom has she win? Whom?

Champion : Rose Namajunas
1 Joanna Jedrzejczyk
2 Jessica Andrade
3 Claudia Gadelha
4 Karolina Kowalkiewicz
5 Tecia Torres
6 Carla Esparza
7 Michelle Waterson
8 Felice Herrig
9 Cynthia Calvillo

Whom has she win? Whom?

I was referring to your opinions within the post.

Invicta FLW champ and next Invicta SW champ!

Maia's signing was about time to be honest. Glad it's finally happening for her. They'll eventually pick up Niedzwiedz (who I think needs to develop more) and Porto as time goes by. I think a fight against Valentina could be in the cards but then again I think what could also happen is a JAG vs. Claudia UFC 190 situation where they sign Maia and put her in a title eliminator fight on the same card Montano vs. Shevchenko happens (granted, JJ vs. Letourneau wasn't on the same card as JAG / Claudia but still). I think a suitable opponent would be Alexis Davis. I'm still holding out for Murphy vs. Eubanks because backstory. I think it all depends on how Montano's foot is doing, if she's back soon enough then I can see Valentina getting the title shot but if more time is required then I can also see Maia vs. Valentina for the title shot.

I think Waterson will struggle with Casey's size... I don't mind who wins this, don't want either to lose :p
I think Niedz and Porto needs a lot of work, specially Porto. Against Dudieva there was some times in the fight i thought it would be stopped, her ground game has so many issues, she puts herself in trouble very often, it's like she loves trying risky positions in order to have some unnecessary sub attempts, at least she's usually fun to watch. I'd keep both in Invicta for a while.

Also agree 100% with Maia x Davis, would be a awesome match up and makes sense, i'd be down to Maia x Sijara too but who knows what's going on with Sijara.

Im calling her hype job just in case she gets that title shot because I don't think deserves that. If she wins KK I hope she gets a chance to fight some top level opponents to prove herself worthy of a title shot. This is her 4-win streak (I remembered it was 5):
Karolina is a top level opponent. She is the #4 ranked fighter at WSW and gave a good fight to Joanna, clipping her during the fight.
If Felice wins, it will be 5 wins in a row including a top 4 opponent, with the results i mentioned in my other post, it will make A LOT of sense to have her as the next contender.
Just because you don't agree with that, doesn't make Felice a hypejob, she's not. She's a very solid and proven fighter already.
Cortney Casey-Sanchez, Journeywoman, I know she might seem like a real contender, and maybe she is, but her record is journeywoman level.
Records doesn't mean shit. Mark Hunt has a journeyman record and Werdum got a very deserved titleshot after beating him, then he goes and beats Cain aswell. Cortney is a tough opponent.

Back