Official Women's Division Discussion #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Learn the RENA kick, with Sensei RENA

Good win. Someone should have told Irina leg kicks against a grappler is a no-no. Once she threw that kick and got taken down it was game over.

Randa should have won! :p :p

I don't want to start debates... :D
Was close & an awesome fight though. Randa pieced her up on the feet.

They got a FOTN bonus for that. Curious to see how Penne does against the fast running, hard hitting Taylor. Both former Atomweights.

Michelle came to the exact same conclusion I did after a few days of thinking about it... she made a bunch of mistakes and Rose was in the zone and capitalized on pretty much every one of them:

https://champions.co/p/michelle-waterson-daughter-time-off-from-mma/4251923

They got a FOTN bonus for that. Curious to see how Penne does against the fast running, hard hitting Taylor. Both former Atomweights.

Michelle came to the exact same conclusion I did after a few days of thinking about it... she made a bunch of mistakes and Rose was in the zone and capitalized on pretty much every one of them:

https://champions.co/p/michelle-waterson-daughter-time-off-from-mma/4251923
Penne should win I think. Rough match ups in her last two. She actually seemed to look better in the striking vs Andrade...just got totally overwhelmed & wasn't able to fully show it.

<mma4> I did think KH's kicks were looking vicious though. She was looking to break some knees yo.

did think KH's kicks were looking vicious though. She was looking to break some knees yo.

She kicked Rose in the face, body and thigh. Was doing great in that area. Sending Rose flying. Great stuff.

Would never have guessed Rose would land the basically fight ending kick. Perfectly timed with power.

Michelle will destroy her next opponent.

Can't even make weight at BJJ tournaments.

{<jordan}

Ahhh. So THAT'S what Bendo meant when he said she'd be bigger than Rousey. *Yes. I know. Low-hanging fruit.*

Does Dern have some sort of physiological issue that won't allow her to lose weight? She certainly doesn't appear to have the build of a potential skinny girl (who happens to be trapped inside of a soft girl's body.) Did she have potential to win money at that tournament? She doesn't appear to take her "career" too seriously.

Ahhh. So THAT'S what Bendo meant when he said she'd be bigger than Rousey. *Yes. I know. Low-hanging fruit.*

Does Dern have some sort of physiological issue that won't allow her to lose weight? She certainly doesn't appear to have the build of a potential skinny girl (who happens to be trapped inside of a soft girl's body.) Did she have potential to win money at that tournament? She doesn't appear to take her "career" too seriously.

She sure seems to post a lot of crap on her instagram that has nothing to do with training. Quit following her a while back, as it was mostly "look at me" sort of shit with no real value.

Can't even make weight at BJJ tournaments.
She has failed a bunch of times, already, to make SW, but 55Kg is 121 1/4 lbs.
Can't she even get under that? It's getting ridiculous.
She should fight at FlyWeight.
What's the reason behind not doing so?
Simply that there isn't any 125 UFC division, yet?

Randa should have won! :p :p
I don't want to start debates... :D
Was close & an awesome fight though. Randa pieced her up on the feet.
I won't even start arguing that she should've won, period.
But it was pretty obvious that she would've "easily" won the fight if only she had played smart.
The fact that she is confindent in her grappling and wasn't afraid to take it to the ground with Penne, costed her.
Most would've focused on keeping it on the feet.
Anyway, she certainly wasn't ready for a title shot (/for JJ) : might've been a blessing in disguise.

<[analyzed}>

Yeah the prize money is $6,000 for 1st place. In terms of prize money I think it's the biggest tournament on the BJJ circuit.

She has failed a bunch of times, already, to make SW, but 55Kg is 121 1/4 lbs.
Can't she even get under that? It's getting ridiculous.
She should fight at FlyWeight.
What's the reason behind not doing so?
Simply that there isn't any 125 UFC division, yet?

Pretty much.

What the fuck is she doing?

I'm struggling to wrap my head around the lack of professionalism. It's not like she's a lawyer by day and fighting is a hobby. This is her career she's throwing away :(

I'm struggling to wrap my head around the lack of professionalism. It's not like she's a lawyer by day and fighting is a hobby. This is her career she's throwing away :(
According to Helwani, the UFC is paying her already. Also she has a LOT of social media followers. Let's face facts, most of this is because of her curves. She eats and keeps the curves, which is what most people care about. Doing well in BJJ and making weight in MMA mean almost nothing now. The only thing that matters is making her MMA record look good and keeping those mammaries on point, both of which she is doing.

Hey guys I just want to clear some rumors about my absence from the World Pro this weekend. Unfortunately, Thursday I made the decision to remove my name from the event because I wasn't feeling the way I was hoping and risk having a bad performance. It was a hard decision but the right decision for my career, for my fans and for the event. Thank you everyone for the support and understanding! Also, I would like to wish good luck to al the finalist and especially my dad who is fighting!

Hey guys I just want to clear some rumors about my absence from the World Pro this weekend. Unfortunately, Thursday I made the decision to remove my name from the event because I wasn't feeling the way I was hoping and risk having a bad performance. It was a hard decision but the right decision for my career, for my fans and for the event. Thank you everyone for the support and understanding! Also, I would like to wish good luck to al the finalist and especially my dad who is fighting!

Yeah, uh-huh. Think diet, woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back