Official Women's Division Discussion #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
She didn't clear up anything with that message.

I stopped reading her Instragram following her first MMA fight. I know she used a nutritionist who successfully got her to make weight, officially. But I don't know if she used him for the second fight where she failed to make weight. It's obvious she didn't hire a nutritionist for her third fight considering how chubby she appeared one week prior during the World MMA Awards.

She didn't clear up anything with that message.

I stopped reading her Instragram following her first MMA fight. I know she used a nutritionist who successfully got her to make weight, officially. But I don't know if she used him for the second fight where she failed to make weight. It's obvious she didn't hire a nutritionist for her third fight considering how chubby she appeared one week prior during the World MMA Awards.

The other thing that gets me is her bullshit about how "I would tap Ronda" and other crap. She has tapped one club-level fighter who was smaller than her. Sorry, not impressed. Great at BJJ, not so great at getting it to translate to MMA.

The other thing that gets me is her bullshit about how "I would tap Ronda" and other crap. She has tapped one club-level fighter who was smaller than her. Sorry, not impressed. Great at BJJ, not so great at getting it to translate to MMA.
That's why I've become concerned. As for as I know, she doesn't have a wrestling or judo coach. She just does "striking" and her usual training I think. It's almost as if she believes her present skills are good enough to win at the highest level.

That's why I've become concerned. As for as I know, she doesn't have a wrestling or judo coach. She just does "striking" and her usual training I think. It's almost as if she believes her present skills are good enough to win at the highest level.

Yeah, seems the Ronda delusion is contagious.

Nice performance by MacFarlane last night on Bellator, still not sure what they are doing with the lighter womens divison and when they are going to establish a title. Just seems like they are having a series of matches, you would think with Coker in charge they would do some kind of mini tournament to get it going.

She sure seems to post a lot of crap on her instagram that has nothing to do with training. Quit following her a while back, as it was mostly "look at me" sort of shit with no real value.
Sooooo true, haha.

I won't even start arguing that she should've won, period.
But it was pretty obvious that she would've "easily" won the fight if only she had played smart.
The fact that she is confindent in her grappling and wasn't afraid to take it to the ground with Penne, costed her.
Most would've focused on keeping it on the feet.
Anyway, she certainly wasn't ready for a title shot (/for JJ) : might've been a blessing in disguise.
Pretty much nailed it, bud. If today's Randa fought Penne then it's a walk in the park(as seen by her IQ vs Carla).

Nice performance by MacFarlane last night on Bellator, still not sure what they are doing with the lighter womens divison and when they are going to establish a title. Just seems like they are having a series of matches, you would think with Coker in charge they would do some kind of mini tournament to get it going.
It was nice... But Middleton also pretty much begged for her to get the armbar the way she "defended", hah.

Speaking of the Flyweights though...well...they weren't at Fly... :p
But I got around to watching the Yankova fight, @Xuh . Holy shit was it underwhelming. It's kind of hilarious to hear them hype her. I think Ilima probably handles her pretty easily.

ufc needs to confirm or deny this

Cyborg being Cyborg.. targetted, but according to Helwani and a few others not close to being done.

Usual Cris trying to pressure the UFC, or if it doesnt happen everyone will assume it was germaines fault

Cyborg being Cyborg.. targetted, but according to Helwani and a few others not close to being done.

Usual Cris trying to pressure the UFC, or if it doesnt happen everyone will assume it was germaines fault
Last time Ariel reported something about a UFC fight it was false though... :p

One of the Cyborg "supporter" accounts was asking people to tweet Dana about it. And if I were GDR, I would refuse to fight her. If all of the women got together and refused to fight a career cheater who gets special treatment not only from the UFC but USADA, well, that might actually send the right message. Not just to Cyborg, but to the spineless, maggot-fucking inbred shit-stains that promote fights.

She should fight at FlyWeight.
What's the reason behind not doing so?
Simply that there isn't any 125 UFC division, yet?

yeh, shes stated that shes fighting at 115 because the UFC have a 115 division..

but then misses weight all the time.

not sure it was a good move on her part. It really woudnt take much to get the UFC to start a 125lb division, it feels like they are just waiting for stars to align (for instance Schevchenko and Joanna both being champ setting up that clash). Dern fighting at 125 and building up a run of wins is the sort of thing that would help push the UFC in that direction.

Last time Ariel reported something about a UFC fight it was false though... :p
yeh, ariel alone isnt totally reliable, but consensus amongst journos seems to be its not close to done yet.

I'm sure we could find out tonight. They like to announce stuff during Fight Nights.

Problem with that for GDR is...no cash flow.

Well, yeah, but she is not the most active fighter on the roster, so she must have something else going. This would really be the ideal place for the fighters to draw a line in the sand and say they are fighters, not circus show freaks with no integrity or honor.

I think GDR should fight Cyborg, but only on her terms. Not in Brazil, and not as the main event of some shit card no one is expected to buy. It's probably her one chance to earn a PPV share and she'd be wise to stay "injured" until an opportunity arises to make the best of it.

That was the most entertaining fight Taylor has had in the UFC, as her style usually leads to somewhat frustrating action. I like Penne and it's too bad for her she wasn't able to really use her ground game in the fight. She had some success in the clinch with the knees and whenever she could get a hold of Taylor, but Taylor used her style of circling and darting in and out with big strikes. Close fight.

I think GDR should fight Cyborg, but only on her terms. Not in Brazil, and not as the main event of some shit card no one is expected to buy. It's probably her one chance to earn a PPV share and she'd be wise to stay "injured" until an opportunity arises to make the best of it.

Well, I would agree except the more I thought about the women boycotting Cyborg, the more I like the idea.

That was the most entertaining fight Taylor has had in the UFC, as her style usually leads to somewhat frustrating action. I like Penne and it's too bad for her she wasn't able to really use her ground game in the fight. She had some success in the clinch with the knees and whenever she could get a hold of Taylor, but Taylor used her style of circling and darting in and out with big strikes. Close fight.
Penne spent too much time covering up and waited too late to counter Taylor. By the time she reacted, Taylor had landed combinations and began darting out.

Penne has long legs just like Jorina Baars. She should have used Baars' strategy of using quick jabs, push kicks to the body and head, standing knees to preemptively counter Taylor's blitzing in addition to clinching with knees. If Penne did the above, as well as head movement, she could have beaten Taylor.

Penne spent too much time covering up and waited too late to counter Taylor. By the time she reacted, Taylor had landed combinations and began darting out.

Penne has long legs just like Jorina Baars. She should have used Baars' strategy of using quick jabs, push kicks to the body and head, standing knees to preemptively counter Taylor's blitzing in addition to clinching with knees. If Penne did the above, as well as head movement, she could have beaten Taylor.

With Penne and Waterson both losing recently, it would be cool to see a rematch from their Invicta days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back