Official Wii U Thread, v4: Not Dead Yet

I need to get on Splatoon again. I've been jumping between so many different games and cleaning up around the house I haven't just sat in fromt of the tv to play anything (I've mainly been playing Xenoblade and Mario Maker in bed).

Played both. Nice adventure level and nice quick platformer level. I wanted to try to get the best time on the quick one, but my fingers are locking up due to the cold.
thanks I made another one tonight, havent uploaded it online yet though. Im experimenting with using the pipes more.. I just got the ability to use them so people can go down them. I think I finally have everything...gotta turn ur heat up man... u gonna make some new levels? i still havent beat urs

Look at it.
J9j5rv.jpg

I SAID FUCKING LOOK AT IT!!!
4P1sjP.jpg

Got this for Christmas and now I have some extended time to play. Anything I should do or watch out for early on?

Edit: Thumb drive OST NEED to be the standard. That shit is dope as all fuck and much easier to carry around and use.

The game will open up for you after completing chapter 3. I'd grind a little bit at first to get your stats up and get some good gear then carry on. Just fight some bats, sheep and bugs at first, avoid the giant dinosaur looking animals near the base even though they are level 6 and 7.
When the game opens up after chapter 3 it'll look overwhelming, but just remember you don't have to do everything in the game or binge on it. it's best played as if you're just exploring the world and played a bit at a time over weeks or even months. 100%'ing the game would take over 200 hours, while completing the main story supposedly takes around 75-80. I'd try to get the most out of it while not getting burnt out quickly.

Created a new Mario Maker level. This one is a doozy.
d166-0000-01bd-e0b7
This is also a short but tough level, no trolls or any nonsense like that.
The next level I'll make won't be an expert one though (but I still have some ideas to make even tougher levels).
I really wish they'd record your times for your own levels, even if you are the only person that sees them. I got 14 seconds on my first level, but I don't

picked up a wii u the past weekend, snagged Mario party, Mario tennis and Mario kart. it came with Mario maker of course. loving it so far

picked up a wii u the past weekend, snagged Mario party, Mario tennis and Mario kart. it came with Mario maker of course. loving it so far

Tennis is really good, but it is kind of bare compared to it's predecessors especially Power Tennis. Still, I like the new ways to hit the ball I just wish it had stuff like Gimmick Courts and tourneys. Also, get Splatoon to be in time for Splatfest and me and Total Immortal will be on later tonight on Splatoon.

Edit: I'll be on from now til probably 3pm EST if anyone wants to roll. Just PM me here and we can play Splatoon, MK 8, Smash, or anything else.

Last edited:
Splatoon players don't miss this weekend's Splatfest! Pokémon Red vs Blue!

Team Blue absolutely RAPED team Red! Blue won all three regions, Japan, Europe, and North America!

Starfox looks better every time I see it. The Star Fox Guard multiplayer thing could be amazing with the base building aspect. I'm glad they finally did something with the Project Guard demo.
I've never played a Paper Mario game.
The 3DS Metroid multiplayer game looks fun. I hate that a multiplayer side project is getting shit on because some people erroneously think Nintendo canned mainstream Metroid games for it.

Starfox looks better every time I see it. The Star Fox Guard multiplayer thing could be amazing with the base building aspect. I'm glad they finally did something with the Project Guard demo.
I've never played a Paper Mario game.
The 3DS Metroid multiplayer game looks fun. I hate that a multiplayer side project is getting shit on because some people erroneously think Nintendo canned mainstream Metroid games for it.

Same. The biggest irony for all the people that are mad, is that the Prime series while good, sold progressively weaker. Other M was the weakest selling of course, but Prime 3 still didn't break 1 million from what I remember. As for Paper Mario, you NEED to play those. They were incredibly amazing games with each getting better and more complex and deep in terms of story and game-play.

I just got an xbox one and I already want to return it. The amount of time it takes to download fucking anything at all is insane. Everything about this system annoys me. With a Wii, can you buy it, plug it in, put a game in, and start playing? Because that's what I fucking wanted to do. For fucks sakes. I bought some bundle and they said I had to DL the game that came with it. I said I'd like the CD they said no that's not how the bundle works. I said fine. I got it yesterday I still haven't had the chance to play the fucking game yet.

JESUS CHRIST

I just got an xbox one and I already want to return it. The amount of time it takes to download fucking anything at all is insane. Everything about this system annoys me. With a Wii, can you buy it, plug it in, put a game in, and start playing? Because that's what I fucking wanted to do. For fucks sakes. I bought some bundle and they said I had to DL the game that came with it. I said I'd like the CD they said no that's not how the bundle works. I said fine. I got it yesterday I still haven't had the chance to play the fucking game yet.

JESUS CHRIST

Sounds to be like you're not familiar with how digital game copies work. On almost all bundles these days the game you get in the bundle will be a digital copy you have to download.

And if you're asking about the Wii U, depending on the game you will most likely have to download the most current system update before you play anything. Also has to be done if you want to browse the e shop or miiverse.

Sounds to be like you're not familiar with how digital game copies work. On almost all bundles these days the game you get in the bundle will be a digital copy you have to download.

And if you're asking about the Wii U, depending on the game you will most likely have to download the most current system update before you play anything. Also has to be done if you want to browse the e shop or miiverse.

Your statement about me not being aware was correct.

Your statement about me not being aware was correct.
I bought one of the MLB the show games on PS3 and it took forever to load.. never bought another show game again.. But never had an issue on PS4 with hard copies of games.. Only an update that was like less than 5 min or so.. Wii u games dont seem to take long to update either.. id recommend a PS4 over wii u or xbox though

I really want to buy a Wii U. Pokken looks like a great game and Star Fox is out next month.

Speaking of Pokken, anyone have it? It's out now right? I've seen a lot of positive reviews already.l

Back