RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Santioned Lomachenko vs. Kambosos Discussion 5/11, 11PM ET (ESPN/ESPN+)

Is Loma actually that much smaller than Tank nowadays????

If Loma is still that much smaller than Tank maybe they should look to do some type of catch weight with Loma vs The Monster instead of Tank.

But I'm sure Loma rather look to unify and collect real belts.

All the all time greats have campaigned over their weight class though to fight the biggest and best names available at times. I think if Loma is the goat his fans want him to be he should look to take out these young undefeated fighters.
Plus Loma deserves to fight people with a big name and big followings.
Tank is sitting around 190lbs right now.

Brundlebitch had Kabanos sweeping the first 3 rounds and thought it was a close fight overall, and that he just got caught by Lomachenko.

{<jordan}

No fucking way, i don't know if Kambo even won more than two rounds on my scorecard.

It amuses me to no end that folks like you simply can't stand that I just don't really care for the guy as a fighter. How personally you all take it is hilarious. I don't enjoy the guys style. He's boring and all his fights look exactly the same and he has the personality of a toenail. I just don't care for the guy, get over it already. It has no bearing on your worship of the guy.

----

Loma did kind of look like shit last night, though. He's lucky he was fighting a C list fighter like Kambosos. He's clearly lost some speed and thats really all that makes him special.
`I was just having fun, dont take yourself too seriously bud

Is Loma actually that much smaller than Tank nowadays????

If Loma is still that much smaller than Tank maybe they should look to do some type of catch weight with Loma vs The Monster instead of Tank.

But I'm sure Loma rather look to unify and collect real belts.

All the all time greats have campaigned over their weight class though to fight the biggest and best names available at times. I think if Loma is the goat his fans want him to be he should look to take out these young undefeated fighters.
Plus Loma deserves to fight people with a big name and big followings.
I think he's still pretty small compared to them. At the very least, I don't think he carries weight as well at lightweight. I could be wrong tho.

I don't disagree with chasing the challenge. I just have to wonder how he'll be able to manage it. I can see him beating all these guys if he shows up like he did today...but that's a big if. Plus time isn't on his side

Last edited:
Loma went to the body because he couldn't KO Kambosos to the head.
Kambosos had never been stopped before. He's durable. However, in the 11th round Loma did appear to drop him with a straight left hand upstairs but the ref ruled it a slip. Immediately after Loma went to the body and ended it. I loved that double left hand to the body to close the show.

Navarette vs Loma would be chaos. they might break a record for punches thrown.

Loma did kind of look like shit last night, though. He's lucky he was fighting a C list fighter like Kambosos. He's clearly lost some speed and thats really all that makes him special.
Huh? He held Kambosos to a 10% total connect rate and was the first man to stop him. Outlanded him in every round and badly outclassed him. Nobody's ever done that to Kambosos. Loma is a past prime natural featherweight and yet he still outperformed all of Kambosos' previous opponents.

Huh? He held Kambosos to a 10% total connect rate and was the first man to stop him. Outlanded him in every round and badly outclassed him. Nobody's ever done that to Kambosos. Loma is a past prime natural featherweight and yet he still outperformed all of Kambosos' previous opponents.
What I kinda felt was, and this is extra impressive, is that Kambosos was probably as close to where he was at when he beat Teo focus and gameplan wise. I saw plenty of really good Kambosos moments, and he could not repeat much success. He was dismantled, and I got the feeling he couldn’t really have done much better than he did if he tried.

We all knew George would be overmatched, but that was arguably a shutout on the cards before stoppage and Loma allowed himself more risks, opened himself to more exchanges, made it fun and honestly dialed it back, didn’t look 36 at all.

Again, Kambosos was always out of his league, but being a legitimate former undisputed and not Lomas natural weight (you really saw that last night with how bad a beating George took and still up), I think this was my favorite Loma performance.

What I kinda felt was, and this is extra impressive, is that Kambosos was probably as close to where he was at when he beat Teo focus and gameplan wise. I saw plenty of really good Kambosos moments, and he could not repeat much success. He was dismantled, and I got the feeling he couldn’t really have done much better than he did if he tried.

We all knew George would be overmatched, but that was arguably a shutout on the cards before stoppage and Loma allowed himself more risks, opened himself to more exchanges, made it fun and honestly dialed it back, didn’t look 36 at all.

Again, Kambosos was always out of his league, but being a legitimate former undisputed and not Lomas natural weight (you really saw that last night with how bad a beating George took and still up), I think this was my favorite Loma performance.
Kambosos did look highly focused. They even brought in the head of the Russian national team to try and solve Loma. That was the bald guy cornering him in this fight. But yeah, Kambosos is more or less a mediocrity against the genuine elites. Haney also dominated him but nowhere near this badly. Kambosos had way more moments in both fights where against Loma he had practically none.

Back