RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Tank Davis vs Ryan Garcia PBC Showtime/DAZN PPV 4/22

Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just rewatched it at a normal time. Stil impressed. Garcia came to war.

If he wanted out quickly he would have not get up from that knockdown in 2. What a Hammer. Midrounds both throwing and slipping lasers in return from the outside. This wasnt a letdown

tough crowd here for garcia, huh.

i had money on davis by stoppage, but i wouldn't really call ryan a quitter. a good body shot will suck the life out of you, especially a liver shot. your body literally cramps up and you can barely move.

i know he got up after the count, but i'd still cut him some slack here. it reminded me a bit of linares when he fought loma, he managed to drag himself to his feet but he was still in no shape to continue fighting, and he knew it. there's no shame in losing like that.

as for the rest of the fight, i thought garcia was actually doing better than i expected. for all his defensive faults, the kid is a beast offensively. even in the second round, before he got clipped, i actually felt like he had tank in some serious trouble. we don't see davis shooting in for bodylocks very often, and he wanted none of ryan at that distance in the 2nd. garcia was also landing some heavy shit on him while davis was holding on, that was very nice, too. of course, davis eventually lands the counter and puts him on his ass, and that ends ryan's ambitions of bulldozing gervonta real quick.

but ultimately it went the way we all knew it would. davis is too tough and packs too much power for garcia, and that's it. now i fully expect tank to waste another 2 years fighting completely meaningless fights.

Getting a liver shot means that even if he wasn't completely paralysed on the floor, his fighting effectiveness is so badly affected for the rest of the round that his opponent will be able to attack him.at will. Against as hard a puncher as davis, that would be foolhardy for his future health. He made the right decision to preserve his career, chin and brain health - he is the one who has to cope with the long term consequences rather than those criticising him.for supposedly being a quitter etc.

Sulaiman believes the round was a clear 10-8, because of how significant the knockdown was.

"Ryan had a marvelous first round and dominated the second, until Gervonta landed a [hook] to the jaw, sending the young star to the canvas. I am concerned to see the true criteria of scoring being lost in judges, even when scoring had no bearing in the end result," Sulaiman said.

"I can’t simply understand how such knockdown had scores of 10-9 twice and 10-10 in one judge. There are three types of knockdowns, the flash one which comes by circumstance, quick punch, balance issues or else in which the downed boxer was not hurt at all; The solid knockdown in which the punch was a solid blow which inflicted clear damage to the fighter who went down in a dominating fashion, and then the knockout blow in which normally the referees does not event count. A knockdown must be considered similar to a homerun in baseball, a goal in soccer, a touchdown in football, etc. It is extraordinary action which must be recognized in the scores when it is a solid one.

Back