RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Tank Davis vs Ryan Garcia PBC Showtime/DAZN PPV 4/22

Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
His flesh is aesthetically beautiful, but unfortunately he does not possess the legendary tightness that is sufficient to defeat the pinnacle of The Ebony. His mind over commits, and the synapse of his dendrites strain his Nervous System. He is not yet ripe enough.

That's what I can't figure out. Wouldn't it be 9-9? And you would have to have seen Garcia beat Davis all over the ring like a Rocky movie that round aside from the KD and almost have Davis out of there or at least very nearly down to get to an even round, I'd think? idk
Doesn't matter after the 7th, I guess. lol
Tank is the real deal.

The only way you score it 10-10 is that if the rest of a round was a 10-8 Garcia round, which without a KD means Garcia beat the shit out of Tank for the rest of the round and did everything except drop him, which clearly wasn’t the case.

That was about a clear 10-8 for Tank that you’ll see, and not a single judge scored it that way. Totally normal.

the punch stats were close from what I saw .. in fact I think garcia had more overall punches landed ? not sure but he was ahead in one of the categories
Statistically Garcia was ahead in total punches landed but behind in power punches landed. In total punches he edged Tank in 4 of the 7 rounds but in power punches Tank outlanded him in 4 of the 7 rounds. Garcia also outjabbed him but Tank landed the most telling shots over the course of the fight. There's no debating that. Punch stats won't give you the full picture. At best Garcia nabbed a couple rounds. That's how BoxingScene had it and how I saw it. Tank was comfortably ahead on most fans' cards having won more rounds and having dropped him. Garcia was competitive but so were some of Tank's other recent opponents much of which has to do with Tank getting off to slow starts.

His flesh is aesthetically beautiful, but unfortunately he does not possess the legendary tightness that is sufficient to defeat the pinnacle of The Ebony. His mind over commits, and the synapse of his dendrites strain his Nervous System. He is not yet ripe enough.
200w.gif

If you don't think rehydration clauses impact fighters, then you've never had to cut weight for a fight in your life. There is no worse feeling than when you can't fully rehdyrate. You feel cranky, irritable, and ultimately lethargic.

It's a disgrace to the sport that super fights get ruined by these clauses.

If you don't think rehydration clauses impact fighters, then you've never had to cut weight for a fight in your life. There is no worse feeling than when you can't fully rehdyrate. You feel cranky, irritable, and ultimately lethargic.

It's a disgrace to the sport that super fights get ruined by these clauses.
They certainly can impact performance but the one that Tank imposed was reasonable. Just as the one that Canelo put in against Kovalev was equally reasonable. For the record I've cut weight many times in my life. I wrestled for years at the scholastic level all the way up to the collegiate level. I don't like them, either, but let's not pretend that Garcia lost solely because of the rehydration clause which btw he agreed to. Some of you guys still picked him to beat Tank. So, why would it be an issue now that he's lost? Typical post-fight excuse making.

The only way you score it 10-10 is that if the rest of a round was a 10-8 Garcia round, which without a KD means Garcia beat the shit out of Tank for the rest of the round and did everything except drop him, which clearly wasn’t the case.

That was about a clear 10-8 for Tank that you’ll see, and not a single judge scored it that way. Totally normal.
I've always said a round with a KD should be 10-8. I've never liked the "fight back from a KD" shit. What if the KD happens in the last 3 seconds of a round? Can't really fight back from that.
You're trying to KD your opponent, IMO. The only way to "fight back from a KD", as people say, should be to knock down your opponent yourself.

Gervontae needs to break the habit of trying to call time out. I think Garcia landed some of his best shots when Tank complained to tthe ref.

I've always said a round with a KD should be 10-8. I've never liked the "fight back from a KD" shit. What if the KD happens in the last 3 seconds of a round? Can't really fight back from that.
You're trying to KD your opponent, IMO. The only way to "fight back from a KD", as people say, should be to knock down your opponent yourself.

I agree personally, but I think the rules could be interpreted that way.

Something extraordinary needs to happen for a round not to be scored 10-8, and the second round of this fight was not it.

Gervontae needs to break the habit of trying to call time out. I think Garcia landed some of his best shots when Tank complained to tthe ref.
That’s the thing about the fight, I get people saying Ryan got soundly beat, but he did have Tank looking at the ref for a couple minutes there, he must have gotten Tanks attn a few times.

Honestly kind of surprised at the excuse making for Garcia.

It will be interesting to see if anyone talks about this 'fight of the century' in 5 years.

Back