No Spoilers Official Red Dead Redemption 2 Discussion

Looks like the mysterious man from RDR1 is in 2 in some form after all.

I won't get into how he shows up but there are videos on YT.

Lost my nerves on the veteran fishing mission yesterday trying to reel it in for like 10 mins and it didnt seem to get any closer so I just rage quit I guess im going to try it again today but not loving the fishing thats for sure.. Loving the game but I suck at fishing and its making me really frustrated

it took me seven hundred fishing attempts to realize you have to keep refreshing the Down Left Stick while reeling to make the fish skip closer to you across the water, even with big boys

Also when you let the fish tire itself out on the line you can hear the reel unspooling but you can briefly and sporadically hold the RS in any direction to keep it from doing that, at the risk of fraying the line

@Ballswing if you are an achievement whore like me that fish will not count for the cheevo/trophy for catching a big fish over 16 lbs. IIRC. There are guides on how to do that on YT.

Ive got some beginner questions, so dont kill me.

Im trying to make new satchels and i need skins from animals. When i go hunt one of these, how do i get a perfect one? Once killed, should i skin it out there or later? Once i get back to the camp, do i have to bring it to my butcher or does the game know i have it to craft?

Also, sometimes i want to rampage the fuck out of shit, like kill everyone in town. When i do this, are there any permanent damages i suffer?

Ill come up with more questions..

Im trying to make new satchels and i need skins from animals. When i go hunt one of these, how do i get a perfect one? Once killed, should i skin it out there or later? Once i get back to the camp, do i have to bring it to my butcher or does the game know i have it to craft?

Also, sometimes i want to rampage the fuck out of shit, like kill everyone in town. When i do this, are there any permanent damages i suffer?

First thing you want to do when you find a pelt you need is to scan it by researching it. Do that with you binocs and use RB/R1. Then when you can track it you van also see the quality of the pelt with the binocs. 1 star is poor 2 is good and 3 is perfect. A pristine animal will net you a perfect pelt or skin as long as you get a clean kill.

Once you found the pristine animal then you need to kill it. The text box tells you what works best and always go for a head shot. Later on when you dead eye is maxed you can also target animal weaknesses. I would recommend crafting at least split point ammo for hunting.

Lastly once you have killed the animal I would immediately skin it. The carcass will rot and damage the pelt or skin if you don't. You can also take the carcass and sell it for meat if you want but its not necessary.

When you are hunting a legendary animal the pelt will automatically go to the tracker or fence if you die and respawn you just won't get the cash for selling it.

Oh and when you sell the stuff to the fence or trapper you can then use pelt or skin for crafting the trinkets, clothes, saddles etc.

Bruh I'm 89% completion and I didn't find enough materials to make any satchels

<2>

you can afford to kill like, 2 guys

any more than that and you're going to need the various Treasures of The Sierra Madre to pay them off

Once you study an animal it will tell you what to shoot it with for a clean kill by tapping the RB button when it's in your sights. Try to only shoot them once in the head, and pay attention to make sure it's 3 stars before you bother shooting it. I recommend going for the legendary deer and Pronghorn right away, their trinkets really help with hunting.

Last edited:

<2>

any more than that and you're going to need the various Treasures of The Sierra Madre to pay them off
So if i go on a rampage and die...ill still have a bounty?

Once you study an animal it will tell you what to shoot it with for a clean kill by tapping the RB button when it's in your sights. Try to only shoot them once in the head, and pay attention to make sure it's 3 stars before you bother shooting it. I recommend going for the legendary deer and Bighorn right away, their trinkets really help with hunting.
Yeah i guess ive not studied shit.

Binoculars does this?

Oh really? I got the achievement earlier I caught a huge gar. I figured cause it was a side mission it didn't count.

No I actually did that mission ASAP because TrueAchievements said it pops automatically doing that mission.

So if i go on a rampage and die...ill still have a bounty?

You'll lose a tiny amount of money and spawn nearby but you'll still have a bounty. On the respawn however the towns tend to leave you alone long enough to walk over to the train station and pay it off. If you can't afford it however and ride away it can be easy to forget about and then you get shot repeatedly in the face by bounty hunters in the middle of a lengthy skinning animations out in the wilderness

Wife started a character.

Accidentally saved over my file.

Back to MHW I go.

<2>

Dude if you're at 89 you've finished the story and can just buy satchels. Just visit a fence

Back