No Spoilers Official Red Dead Redemption 2 Discussion

giphy.gif

FINKEL IS EINHORN, i think this is the most relevent video Ive ever posted lol.

Does everyone have their loadout regularly reset with pistols and rifles they hardly use? I take a lot of joy in honing in on my weapons of choice but this game makes it hard to rely on my gear and then how I fancy that gear to be set up.

In missions when I'm readied for hellfire, SHTF and I'm suddenly equipped with only a bolt-action rifle (which I hate and never use) and/or revolver XYZ. WTF…let me do me, R*.

I oftentimes can't even approach my saddle to draw my babies because I'm less Arthur the cowboy and more Arthur the sock-puppet, just following NPCs into gunfire and watching snails outpace me.

On a related note, I would have liked to see a campside chest to inventory all weapons one doesn't use so menu-selection can become less fatty, more organic, and ultimately a reliable extension of how we (Arthur) want to fight.

Does everyone have their loadout regularly reset with pistols and rifles they hardly use? I take a lot of joy in honing in on my weapons of choice but this game makes it hard to rely on my gear and then how I fancy that gear to be set up.

In missions when I'm readied for hellfire, SHTF and I'm suddenly equipped with only a bolt-action rifle (which I hate and never use) and/or revolver XYZ. WTF…let me do me, R*.

I oftentimes can't even approach my saddle to draw my babies because I'm less Arthur the cowboy and more Arthur the sock-puppet, just following NPCs into gunfire and watching snails outpace me.

On a related note, I would have liked to see a campside chest to inventory all weapons one doesn't use so menu-selection can become less fatty, more organic, and ultimately a reliable extension of how we (Arthur) want to fight.

I stopped playing it after I finished the story and did a fuck ton of hunting....but yea the weapons system is annoying, dont think theyre going to fix it anytime soon.

Waiting for the online game to come out now, wish theyd give a fucking date for that. On another note, I think this was a huge missed opportunity to put the young guns theme in the soundtrack.

You are preaching to the choir, partner. #YoungGuns4Life

Remember this masterpiece?

It's one of the most annoying and bugged out parts of the game. If i assign specific weapons to Arthur i expect them to stay there rather than be replaced by nothing or something else. That includes having to reload a specific ammo type all the time.

I just competed the main story and I must say yes this game is good. But after playing it for many many hours I can say it's not as good as all the ratings have suggested it's not a perfect 10 out of 10 game.

Honestly is started out epic and got progressively worse. I enjoyed and liked red dead redemption 1 a whole lot more.

The games not bad, just not as great as it's been made to seem. The hunting and fishing I find to be really enjoyable though. But theres only so much of that I can take.

For me a game should ultimately be about fun not realism. If I want realism I can do real life. Hopefully the online will make up for this though I look forward to it.

Wasn't enough fun moments for me in this game. It's trying to be too serious. But I'm here to play not watch an interactive movie. Sometimes the slow movement. Like the fact you can't run in camp is so annoying. It's like your in school. "Don't run in the corridor"...

Cleaning guns seems cool at first but then just becomes an annoying chore. Should be a quick button to clean all guns at once. Having to do them one by one... like i said I play games for fun not realism.

Red dead redemption 1 was just so much more memorable for me. Even the map felt bigger.

They kept saying RDR2 has the biggest map in any Rockstar game, honestly it don't feel that big. Obviously it takes time to get from one place to another because your riding on a horse as opposed to driving a car. RDR1 seemed bigger to me you could go down to Mexico.

when you are doing a mission there is a certain structure to them. That and its a prequel so certain things have to happen. You meet that character fucking with Tilly later on so you assaulting him wouldnt fit with the scripted interaction later.
Fair enough, but i didn't even know i was on a mission. I was taking the bitches to town.

Always played GTA 3 & on, so im used to going rogue and checking back in whenever i should.

Went after the guy that knew us from black water. lost my hat.

Im just hoping there isn't too much going on, ala SimCity 2000. I mean, there was something about wearing the right clothing for the weather. Fuck, i hope that doesnt become that much of an issue. Dont like my games being too realistic.

Fair enough, but i didn't even know i was on a mission. I was taking the bitches to town.

Always played GTA 3 & on, so im used to going rogue and checking back in whenever i should.

Went after the guy that knew us from black water. lost my hat.

Im just hoping there isn't too much going on, ala SimCity 2000. I mean, there was something about wearing the right clothing for the weather. Fuck, i hope that doesnt become that much of an issue. Dont like my games being too realistic.
anytime there is a yellow marker on your mini map it means you are on a mission

anytime there is a yellow marker on your mini map it means you are on a mission
Fuck, i gotta get a handle on this shit then cuz there is all sorts of shit on my map.

I'll play a little more later tonight, but I'm typically always wondering, whaaaaat the fuck do i do now? Whats more important? Donations? Is that good? Where is the feminist to kill?

Fuck, i gotta get a handle on this shit then cuz there is all sorts of shit on my map.

I'll play a little more later tonight, but I'm typically always wondering, whaaaaat the fuck do i do now? Whats more important? Donations? Is that good? Where is the feminist to kill?
if you go to a yellow marker thats a mission, do them if you cant find anything else to do. But if not explore, I found all types of crazy shit by doing that.

Oh and the feminist chick is in Rhodes at first but then in Saint Denis(I think its the same chick, but may be 2 different chicks)

Donating money to the camp doesn't really get you anything to be honest but a pat on the back, kinda pointless.

If you donate food you hunted down that is good, because the stew Pearson makes will be improved and fill your cores for longer. It will go gold.

It's good to upgrade the camp to at the ledger. But donating cash doesn't seem to do much. Wish I knew at the start I would put half my money thinking you get something good out of it. But legit doesn't seem to do anything. Other than Dutch thanking you for it.

I played this game for like 10 hours this weekend doing nothing. Im still on chapter 2. Free roam in this is so much fun. I dont understand how people say the story or anything else is boring. Far from it.

Dont get me wrong I have done the same in GTA 5, I just love the world rockstar makes in their games and thats why they are kings of the open world game.

Donating money to the camp doesn't really get you anything to be honest but a pat on the back, kinda pointless.

If you donate food you hunted down that is good, because the stew Pearson makes will be improved and fill your cores for longer. It will go gold.

It's good to upgrade the camp to at the ledger. But donating cash doesn't seem to do much. Wish I knew at the start I would put half my money thinking you get something good out of it. But legit doesn't seem to do anything. Other than Dutch thanking you for it.
20$ donations gives you honor.

Finally switched my white Arabian out for a Missouri fox trotter, the silver dapple pinto to be exact. I bought a new saddle and stirrups for it too replacing my bear skinned saddle so hopefully I see a big speed improvement.

And speaking of horses, I know the tiger striped mustang is really sought after but I found a silver mustang earlier and I think it looks way cooler. It's like it's made of iron.

Finally switched my white Arabian out for a Missouri fox trotter, the silver dapple pinto to be exact. I bought a new saddle and stirrups for it too replacing my bear skinned saddle so hopefully I see a big speed improvement.

And speaking of horses, I know the tiger striped mustang is really sought after but I found a silver mustang earlier and I think it looks way cooler. It's like it's made of iron.
You have the gray and white spotted horse? Where’d you steal it? Supposedly it doesn’t get spooked as easily as the Arabian and also has a higher top speed

20$ donations gives you honor.
I see, but still even the honour system doesn't really seem to do much other than get you praise from your peers and random npc's. I feel it could have been utilised alot more.

Back