Official MLB off-season thread ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess he decided home town discount is better than unemployment

jose via vengeance 2017

hope so but ish e goingto play1s t base?

help please- I am lookign for an article from one of Toronto's newspapers just destroying Shapiro when he was 1st hired. I cannot find it! Anyone?

A freaking steal IMO. Dude really took a home town discount

He should fire his agent. He would have been a free agent after this year and probably would have gotten nearly double that with another solid year.

Just came in here to post that.

An awesome piece of news after what happened last night.

Totes gnar, Duffy. And he took the hometown discount because 90% of his tweets/interviews are always about how much he loves playing in KC.

Rumour is 35-40 million for Bautista 2 with the second being a mutual option so basically a one year deal. Lineup not looking too shabby now

Devon Travis
Donaldson
Bautista
Morales
Tulo
Martin
Pillar
Upton
Pearce

The Cubs rotation is so shallow... Really worries me that they don't have enough depth. They can't afford a single injury which they have some how avoided the last 2 seasons. They have some studs in the lower minors, but none of them are ready to start at that level yet. Re-signing Travis Wood is a must.

I'm also very, very woried about the lead-off/CF spot. Almora is an ace defensively, but his bat is quite a bit behind and he doesn't walk at all. Jay is an alright 4th option, but not a LO man either... They're talking Schwarber at the top and that's just fucking stupid.... 35+ homer guy hitting with nobody on, brilliant. Joe does some really stupid shit.

Really hard to believe the deals EE and Jose got. Edwin especially. Jose had a hard luck year for a contract ending season, but the lack of interest in EE really threw me for a loop.

Really happy to have Jose back though. He's a big part of the heart and soul of the team. Last year was a hiccup in his career caused by injuries. He'll be mashing again if he stays healthy.

Bad year, 36 years old, other teams had to give up a draft pick to sign him, got ko'd by a midget.

Wanted 5/150, might have been talking CANadian dollars but still LOL.

It's a damn shame Larry Walker has such low #s in his 7th year on the ballot

Really hard to believe the deals EE and Jose got. Edwin especially. Jose had a hard luck year for a contract ending season, but the lack of interest in EE really threw me for a loop.

Really happy to have Jose back though. He's a big part of the heart and soul of the team. Last year was a hiccup in his career caused by injuries. He'll be mashing again if he stays healthy.

word up, like i said jose via vengeance

apparently i heard from someone that jose and donaldson don't get along

Raines, Pudge, and Bagwell all in the HoF. Well deserved! Hoffman and Vlad just missed but will probably get in next year with Chipper and Thome.

Jorge Posada one and done on the ballot.

lmao @ bagwell and pudge getting in before Clemons and Bonds.

Extremely disappointed to see Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez, a noted steroid abuser, get admitted to the Hall of Fame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back