Spoilers Official ELDEN RING Discussion [PS/PC/Xbox]

Your Elden Ring Waifu:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hope it has a more linear story, tried bloodborne didn't like it.

Great interview with Miyazaki. He seems to love working with Martin and the game sounds pretty cool.

Has it been confirmed that it's based on Norse mythology? He didn't mention anything in the article.

elden_ring.jpg

The helmet and engraving on the armor shoulder look vaguely Norse, but not fully, cut-and-paste cookie cutter Norse.

I like that, and that is probably how the game will go down. Inspired by the Norse aesthetic and mythos, but without Odin, Thor, Yggdrasil, Ragnarok and all that stuff.

Shoutout to the Sherdog Sekiro crew showing up in this thread :D

Last edited:
I just want to see what the combat will be like at this point.

Vaati's breakdown

I just want to see what the combat will be like at this point.
Ive thought about this often

if you decide to 2 hand a sword, you will build more posture damage, and more stamina

1 hand builds less posture damage but uses less stamina.

Shield builds both your and opponents posture damage

parrying correctly builds massive posture damage, but you are 1 handing a sword which builds low posture damage,

a successful posture break leaves the opponent (or you) open for a riposte

if you decide to 2 hand a sword, you will build more posture damage, and more stamina

parrying correctly builds massive posture damage, but you are 1 handing a sword which builds low posture damage,

So basically like Shadows die twice but with more weapon options and some tweaks to the posture system? I hope they get rid of the stamina system after having it removed I just enjoy their games so much more. Keeps the action going non stop.

I'm really curious about the combat system now too. Similar to what you're suggesting, it will probably be some kind of synthesis of all their previous games but with new mechanics as well.

I'm also looking forward to seeing their idea of open world and how much freedom we have regarding progression through the main story. I keep picturing Skyrim with real combat, which is exactly what I've wanted for years now.

That's what I posted but with most of the article cut out lol

Ah ok didn't realize. I tried to read your article but for some reason IGN will not load properly on Chrome anymore for me. I don't know what the deal is.

GRRM picked the absolutely best Devs to work with. I wonder how he feels about the Dark Souls lore

GRRM picked the absolutely best Devs to work with. I wonder how he feels about the Dark Souls lore
Absolutely. I love how respectful Miyazaki was of GRRM in that interview posted here a while ago.

It sounds like he's not just using Martin's popularity as a marketing gimmick but genuinely building the game around his characters and other ideas. It's amazing. I could never have imagined a project like this happening a few years ago.

Absolutely. I love how respectful Miyazaki was of GRRM in that interview posted here a while ago.

It sounds like he's not just using Martin's popularity as a marketing gimmick but genuinely building the game around his characters and other ideas. It's amazing. I could never have imagined a project like this happening a few years ago.

Yea pretty much sounded like GRRM was given an idea of what Miyazaki wanted and he gave them a basic world outline and they built off that. Wish we would have got to see more.

Back