NPR "All Things Considered" Slams Justin Timberlake Super Bowl Concert For "White Male Privilege"

“[T]he entire performance was shrouded in the sense of Timberlake not being right for this moment — and the Janet Jackson controversy haunted it,” Powers explained. “He chose to perform the song ‘Rock Your Body,’ during which the famous wardrobe malfunction took place, and yet he didn’t mention Janet. He didn’t shout her out, and stopped the song right before the line during which he ripped off her costume.”

I didn't realize there were still people all these years later willing to pretend that that tit flashing wasn't completely orchestrated and agreed to in advance by both parties.

What is your justification from being more concerned with these "fringy attitudes" than with, for example, Sean Hannity's moronic brand of reactionary anti-intellectualism? Alex Jones style conspiracy mongering? Or Evangelical conservative religious doctrine bleeding into public policy in many states?
Why do you assume I have no concern? I don't believe anything I've ever said here has ever been in support of Hannity or Jones. As for this topic specifically, I didn't single out fringe Liberals either regarding my broader thoughts on our society. I said fringers from either side. However, this topic is specific to one particular fringer and she just happens to fall on the liberal side of the isle.

As for the Right's reactionaries, I find them equally troubling even if I tend to lean more conservative than progressive. There is a balance that can be struck, but it's increasingly being obscured by an ocean of wasteful, hateful bullshit that isn't confined to either party but is ultimately detrimental to our nation as a whole.

@luckyshot

And I am concerned because I believe I see increasing creep of normalization of these types of attitudes coming from both sides of the arguments. This country belongs to neither the Republicans, Democrats or their fringe in totality and the sooner both sides remember that the better we might all be.

Man... At the very least the ban on janet should be lifted.

Would have been dope if JT brought her out and she sung some shit from the mid 80's...

We need to stay far away from the Velvet Rope album, she was a full on freak then... Freaky ass!

What are you saying? Are you saying she's got the good booty?

Ann%20Powers1.jpg

this is exactly what I mean when I say "SLWLs".

this the personification of this term and posters like Rational dipshit, Jack sophist, and Rebound (Trudeau fanboy).

I have found the performers for next year:

To be fair, Beyonce sure knows how to put on a show.
Timberlake is just sort of average. Certainly not the kind of star that should be performing at the Super Bowl.

Oddly I find Beyonce overrated.

Man... At the very least the ban on janet should be lifted.

Would have been dope if JT brought her out and she sung some shit from the mid 80's...

We need to stay far away from the Velvet Rope album, she was a full on freak then... Freaky ass!
Really is bullshit that she suffered the backlash from that stunt pretty much alone. This is one time I would be willing to call some racist, misogynist bullshit.

Oddly I find Beyonce overrated.

I don't know, fair enough I don't agree with her or Jay-Z political stance. Also, I don't know that much about them outside of Michael Brown.
But that lady can rock a live show. Great entertainer.

But yeah maybe overrated in today's celebrity culture. But I do have to say she has talent.

SB halftime show should be fucking Metallica, GnR and groups like that. Enough of this pop bullshit.

I don't know, fair enough I don't agree with her or Jay-Z political stance. Also, I don't know that much about them outside of Michael Brown.
But that lady can rock a live show. Great entertainer.

But yeah maybe overrated in today's celebrity culture. But I do have to say she has talent.

Her music isn’t my thing but you can tell she puts a lot of effort into the production of her albums and shows. Again it wasn’t my thing, but I thought the HBO special to go along with her album was a pretty cool idea. It’s little things like that that help her stand out. I wouldn’t mind seeing that from artists I like.

Only current female entertainer who stands out more is Adele imo, because she’s just that amazingly talented as a vocalist.

SB halftime show should be fucking Metallica, GnR and groups like that. Enough of this pop bullshit.

I think it was 2007 or 2008 when they had Tom Petty. I thought that was pretty good. But I don’t think we’re gonna see it that often. Half Time show is bait.

edit: I just realized the way I worded it made it sound like we’re not gonna see Petty often. Unfortunate phrasing.

Her music isn’t my thing but you can tell she puts a lot of effort into the production of her albums
Yup, much effort, incredible lyrics, much wow

nya7ew.jpg

I'll admit I am biased against music like that cause I listen to this sort of stuff all the time but fuck me:

But fuck me straight pop music is straight fucking trash.

Back