NPR "All Things Considered" Slams Justin Timberlake Super Bowl Concert For "White Male Privilege"

waiguoren

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Monday, National Public Radio music critic Ann Powers reacted on “All Things Considered” to Sunday’s Super Bowl LII halftime performance by Justin Timberlake, saying the artist was “not right for this moment.”

“[T]he entire performance was shrouded in the sense of Timberlake not being right for this moment — and the Janet Jackson controversy haunted it,” Powers explained. “He chose to perform the song ‘Rock Your Body,’ during which the famous wardrobe malfunction took place, and yet he didn’t mention Janet. He didn’t shout her out, and stopped the song right before the line during which he ripped off her costume.”

“So, it was almost like he was trying to erase what had happened in the past, but that is just not flying in 2018,” she continued.

According to Powers, Timberlake embodies “white male privilege” because his music does not reflect the “moment of struggle” that the country is apparently in now in 2018.

“[W]e are living in a moment of struggle, and we want our pop music to also reflect that struggle,” said Powers. “And, frankly, Timberlake now embodies that phrase so often spoken today: white male privilege. It’s just not a good look for 2018, and it’s really, in some ways, not his fault. It's just who he is."

http://freebeacon.com/culture/npr-timberlake-white-privilege-halftime-moment/

-----

Taxpayer dollars, out-of-touch with the majority of Americans, etc.

Last edited:
Just looked up this Ann Powers woman and well, I won't say anything specifically so I don't get banned but I'm sure you can guess the obvious. Oy vey.

If only he identified as non binary I would enjoy his pop tunes more .

More leftist racism and stupidity..

Nevertheless, I expect the leftist fucks here will applaud this piece.

She's not wrong.

That stupid bitch would’ve said that if any white person performed. I guess she prefers Beyoncé to perform in a black panther outfit.

These are the times we live in. Liberal society has gone full retard. The whacked out liberals in this forum will prove my point for me throughout this whole thread.

Last edited:
That stupid bitch would’ve said that if any white person performed. I guess she prefers Beyoncé to preform in a black panther outfit.

These are the times we live in. Liberal society has gone full retard. The whacked out liberals in this forum will prove my point for me throughout this whole thread.

Lol...look directly above your post.

And this is the shit I've been talking about with npr. Non stop identity politics. I want the old npr back ..

Lol...look directly above your post.
Yeah I think he’s just trolling though. There are handful of posters on here that will for sure agree with that crazy bitch & defend her to the bitter end. They’re all mentally ill

Pressure cooker America. How long and how much before it pops?

She’s trying to get her name out there cashing on identity politics. Just ignore that bridge troll.

That stupid bitch would’ve said that if any white person performed. I guess she prefers Beyoncé to preform in a black panther outfit.

To be fair, Beyonce sure knows how to put on a show.
Timberlake is just sort of average. Certainly not the kind of star that should be performing at the Super Bowl.

To be fair, Beyonce sure knows how to put on a show.
Timberlake is just sort of average. Certainly not the kind of star that should be performing at the Super Bowl.
Yeah I agree, but that has absolutely nothing to do with this article. According to that cow Ann Powers, this is about white privilege or some shit. I didn't even read that garbage. She probably just wants attention the only way she can get it, since she’s atrocious

It's amusing when someone that is so cautios when it comes to not offending the legion of SJW and still, he gets berated. Perhaps there is a lesson here somewhere, stand up for what you believe in and exercise the freedom of speech, don't succumb to SJW!

Nice try, lady. You will not get me to defend Justin Timberlake's shitty halftime performance.

Back