Notorious Irish Whiskey forced to drop brand name

"Canadian whiskey..."

Said no-one ever.

That's crazy talk. You probably just don't know much about whiskey. I'm a bourbon man but there are great Canadian and even fucking Japanese whiskeys. One of the most popular brands of whiskey in the world is Canadian.

Being protective of regional alcohol is stupid considering anybody can do it well.

I don't get this US beer is shit considering how many breweries make goddamn beer in America. Many of them excellent.

Should be drinking a nice single malt scotch whisky anyways...

All the rest is filthy drain water..<LikeReally5>
Ah...nah, I do like a blend, whyte and mackey is a very nice easy whisky.

And lol at foreigners taking every chance they get to shit on anything American, stay salty my friends.

I mean he pretty much ruined the brand anyway when he drank it out of a plastic cup at the press conference

Should be drinking a nice single malt scotch whisky anyways...

All the rest is filthy drain water..<LikeReally5>
Personally I'm a rum man but if I'm going dark it's French cognac or Kentucky bourbon.

Tennessee apple pie moonshine is fantastic too. Big winner at parties.

He's one of those son of a bitches that beats people to the punch to make a few bucks. Fucking Seamus. It sounds like he heard Conor was going to apply under that name, so he he did it first for the possible law suit. The guy applied for it like a months beforehand. Now he's probably asking for a payout that's ridiculous, just for the name. This is more of a "screw scavenging little rats" post more than a "don't fuck Conor over" post. I'm not worried about the latter.
Exactly what I'm thinking. I read the article thinking he had it for a long time, but he filed to register in May 2016, beating Conor by a few months. He probably got wind that Conor was going to start making a whiskey and raced to trademark "Notorious," this was during the Mayweather fight hype.

That's cool with me I prefer good ole fashion Kentucky bourbon. The kind that keeps you warm in the winter.

@TheNotoriousMMA

giphy.gif

Why not call it 'conor mcgregor whiskey' from the get go? The name sells itself..

Oh you mean made in America sure..a stout isnt american though but they are delicious
The craft beer market is amazing in America. I’ve always bought craft beers from around the world. I live in Colorado now and I can say that this is probably the beer capital of the world. There are great breweries on like every corner here

I’m not worried about where IPA or Pilsners or whatever came from. Unless you’re writing a history of beer novel that shit doesn’t matter. The fact is America is producing probably the best beer in the world now.

Oh you mean made in America sure..a stout isnt american though but they are delicious

Ya, I guess technically America didn't really create any beer. Though we did popularize the cheap yellow fizzy water. I prefer it to European green bottled beer personally. But only drink the mass produced beer on a hot summer day when nothing else is available.

Back