Notorious Irish Whiskey forced to drop brand name

Hardcore MMA

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Trademark issues forcing McGregors Irish Whiskey launch to be put on hold.

“Conor McGregor has withdrawn an application to register his Notorious whiskey as a trademark. An Irish brewer, Seamus O’Hara, objected to McGregor Sports and Entertainment Ltd company’s application to have the Notorious whiskey brand trademarked. O’Hara was successful in his attempt to block McGregor’s application, first put through in 2016, and the request has now been withdrawn.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/13/cono...-to-drop-notorious-brand-7940166/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

Conor is a defeated man. His silence is just gets louder and louder.

So Conor is 0-1 against court. Hope he doesn't take any more L considering plethora of lawsuits are coming towards him in the near future.

joejoyce.jpg

Should be drinking a nice single malt scotch whisky anyways...

All the rest is filthy drain water..<LikeReally5>

He's one of those son of a bitches that beats people to the punch to make a few bucks. Fucking Seamus. It sounds like he heard Conor was going to apply under that name, so he he did it first for the possible law suit. The guy applied for it like a months beforehand. Now he's probably asking for a payout that's ridiculous, just for the name. This is more of a "screw scavenging little rats" post more than a "don't fuck Conor over" post. I'm not worried about the latter.

He's one of those son of a bitches that beats people to the punch to make a few bucks. Fucking Seamus. It sounds like he heard Conor was going to apply under that name, so he he did it first for the possible law suit. The guy applied for it like a months beforehand. Now he's probably asking for a payout that's ridiculous, just for the name. This is more of a "screw scavenging little rats" post more than a "don't fuck Conor over" post. I'm not worried about the latter.
Old school site squatting

I said it in another thread, the more money you make the more the vultures come out of the wood works wanting handouts. People will sue you over anything these days. I think he's changing the name to "Mystic Mac Whiskey".

I hope Conor releases his whiskey under a different name just so he doesn’t have to pay that weasel Seamus any money. I hate seeing people like this Seamus guy milk the copyright system in order to target celebrities and other successful people. Who trademarks the name of a local brewery beer? Clearly he did it just to try milking some cash from McGregor. No other reason.

Conor ‘The Notorious’ McGregor vs ‘Shameless’ Seamus O’Hara @ UFC 230, confirmed.

Should be drinking a nice single malt scotch whisky anyways...

All the rest is filthy drain water..<LikeReally5>

oh man, you guys need to try some decent Canadian Rye Whiskey, way smoother and easier to drink then most irish single malt's that taste like they have been sifted thru nasty peat moss.

thou have to say id take any irish whiskey over that shit corn swill from the states and dont even get me started on american beer.

Back