Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - March, 2018

Mayfield makes less sense than Allen.

In the end though, if Dorsey likes him best that's all that matters. I agree it's bizarre, but...

It must be so weird to be a Cleveland sports fan rn. You have Lebron hitting game winning 3's and carrying a whole team on his back, but you also have the Browns and the fact that they're the Browns. Why tf would they take Mayfield 1? Oh yeah b/c they're the Browns.

I think that, if you believe Baker is going 1, the prop "will the top 3 picks be quarterbacks" YES +160 would have value. Jets at 3 will take a quarterback no questions asked and many reports say the Giants will have a very hard time passing on Darnold. Also opens the possibility for a team to trade up to #2 to take Darnold. Just a thought

Mayfield #1 Now-260

Is there a chance that the reason for this is that they want Barkley too? Meaning they don't see a lot of difference between the top QB's but they know the Giants love Darnold so by passing on him they ensure he goes 2nd and then they know the Jets will go QB so Barkley is there at pick 4?

It means they never liked Allen as much as they let on (or his tweets matter to them), but otherwise it's possible this is their plan. They simply prefer Baker/Barkley over Darnold/Chubb?

Giants could really mess that up by taking Barkley anyway (or trading with someone who does) but if the Browns don't see much difference between the QB's they'd take that risk if they love Barkley.

First 3 picks QB prop pulled btw on 5d. I got some at +140 but it's gone now.

Mayfield #1 Now-260

Is there a chance that the reason for this is that they want Barkley too? Meaning they don't see a lot of difference between the top QB's but they know the Giants love Darnold so by passing on him they ensure he goes 2nd and then they know the Jets will go QB so Barkley is there at pick 4?

It means they never liked Allen as much as they let on (or his tweets matter to them), but otherwise it's possible this is their plan. They simply prefer Baker/Barkley over Darnold/Chubb?

Giants could really mess that up by taking Barkley anyway (or trading with someone who does) but if the Browns don't see much difference between the QB's they'd take that risk if they love Barkley.

First 3 picks QB prop pulled btw on 5d. I got some at +140 but it's gone now.
Got it 140 too. Draft week is always nuts. I was wondering about the Barkley/Darnold/Giants scenario too.

Mayfield -280

Top 3 picks QB is back up. +130

not sure if this info is relevant to you at all, but a smaller sharp book i have has Baker #1 at -500

I added some to him at -210 but I'm done. I'm hedged as well as I think I can be. As long as something truly insane like Rosen going first doesn't happen I'm only gonna take a small to moderate loss. If Guice is the 2nd back taken I'll actually profit overall.

As of 3 hours ago Mcshay still thought Darnold was the guy (though Kiper had switched to Baker).

Utter craziness this week. I'll be happy to escape my initial Darnold action with a small loss honestly.

Lots of Euro books taking requests,

Derwin to Bucs @3.00
Minkah to Bucs @4.00

Got to think one of those is the lock - but who? Hmmm

I added some to him at -210 but I'm done. I'm hedged as well as I think I can be. As long as something truly insane like Rosen going first doesn't happen I'm only gonna take a small to moderate loss. If Guice is the 2nd back taken I'll actually profit overall.

As of 3 hours ago Mcshay still thought Darnold was the guy (though Kiper had switched to Baker).

Utter craziness this week. I'll be happy to escape my initial Darnold action with a small loss honestly.
are you betting Bucks today? kinda surprised the line is so high

Apparently there’s a euro book that has Barkley going #2 at +400

Hmm.......

Apparently there’s a euro book that has Barkley going #2 at +400

Hmm.......

Fits the narrative of it being Baker-Darnold-Rosen-Barkley

are you betting Bucks today? kinda surprised the line is so high

I assumed it would be 3.5. It's 4.5.

Meh. Pass for now. Live bet either team If they get down 10 at good odds is the plan.

I assumed it would be 3.5. It's 4.5.

Meh. Pass for now. Live bet either team If they get down 10 at good odds is the plan.
i got celtics at +5. i think thats too high of a number personally

i got celtics at +5. i think thats too high of a number personally

Maybe. Celts ML in play too then if you think it will be a really tight game (I don't disagree necessarily either...)

not sure if this info is relevant to you at all, but a smaller sharp book i have has Baker #1 at -500

-395 now. Seems like it's beyond just rumors I'd say.

Been cashing massive dog odds the last few days

Mets +177 over cards
Marlins +315 and +535rl against the dodgers
+578 on the yanks comeback today

Suck it 5dimes

Been tremendously busy lately so I haven’t been posting my plays

I don't usually post bets b/c I'm far from a basketball or hockey expert but I like both overs for the nhl games tonight and also a unit on Celtics ml. Just going by feel since I've been following all these playoffs and they're small bets.

Also have the first 3 qb drafted prop and the Guice first rb other than Barkley prop at +money and now it's up over 2-1 on dimes last time I checked so happy with getting that price. Shout out to whoever mentioned that prop, obv read the situation well whether it hits or not.

GL boys. Love this time of year. Can never have too much of a good thing but these are full on playoff nights full of action, it's great. Cavs game was awesome, Okc pulled off that great comeback. Boston/Toronto game 7 was a ton of fun. This shit is great.

edit: I actually have way more bets for tonight than I even realized now that I think more about it, lol. Got a lil carried away but how can you not at this time of year. Fuck it, it's that time of year. Sports. Beer. Wings. Good times.

Back