Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - January, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chungs been pretty hot to start the year but I haven’t watched a second of tennis this week because of the times and my twins.

oh man you're never gonna get anything done! grats on the new kiddos!??

i've only watched the "early" matches and highlights of the late matches. such is the aussie.

Tempted at all by Bear dick as a dog or is Delpo gonna be too much for him?

edit: over was tempting me as well.

i like over more, it's 39ish right?

it's dog or pass otherwise, IMO.. pass for me

Slight loss yesterday. Should have gone heavier on the 76ers with Kyrie out but whatever, hindsight is 20/20

No strong leans today. I mean, I'm sure there is value in terms of straight numbers but there are no angles to go with them. I guess I'll just degen out on a couple of plays/LB looks

Washington PK- This would be a fantastic play BUT the Wizards are 2-0 against the Pistons this season, with both games being in Washington. One has to expect the Pistons to be up for this game and the Wizards are currently in a slump so its a risky proposition
Washington PK for 0.5u

Lakers +110- um, Lonzo still isnt playing so the Lakers are still absolute garbage. As much as people hate on him, he makes the team better. With that being said, this situation shakes out to be a Pacers early/Lakers late situation. I'm gonna throw half a unit on the Pacers 1Q ML (-115) then look to LB the Lakers 2H line or LB them to win the game if I can get a number like +7 or something.
Nuggets 1Q ML (-115) for 0.5u
*potential LB Lakers 2H or live line

This is *probably* my strongest lean today. I like the Grizzlies to win but I cant trust them covering 6 points. These two teams are trending in completely opposite directions. Same story with the Raptors, I like them to win but having them win by a large margin against the Spurs is a risky proposition. I'll parlay the two MLs for even money
Raptors + Grizzlies parlay (+100) for 2u
Passing on LB-ing the Lakers even though I think its +EV. Too tired to stay up and wait for the right opportunity

+3u on the night

NBA

Clippers +2 on the road against the Jazz 1u.

I think the Clippers are dogs because DeAndre Jordan is out and Gobert is back, causing a matchup problem and home game for the Jazz but Clippers on fire right now. I'll take them as a dog against a mediocre team.

just dont have it what it takes to bet tennis right now. not watching enough, just bleeding $. hope i didn't cost others $. keep winning 1-2u per week on hockey and just gave away like 6u on tennis this week, freakin pathetic.

not as pathetic as zverev in sets 4 and 5, but still.

just dont have it what it takes to bet tennis right now. not watching enough, just bleeding $. hope i didn't cost others $. keep winning 1-2u per week on hockey and just gave away like 6u on tennis this week, freakin pathetic.

im the same, it's hard enough to keep up with ufc fighters let alone all the crazy names i've never heard of in tennis each year, anyone see halep vs murphy? first game i've watched this open, best wta match I've seen in ages, it even had toenails falling off! had a bet on zverev then fell asleep only to wake up and see it lose like wtf i've never even heard of chung and they keep hyping zverev to be the next #1

im the same, it's hard enough to keep up with ufc fighters let alone all the crazy names i've never heard of in tennis each year, anyone see halep vs murphy? first game i've watched this open, best wta match I've seen in ages, it even had toenails falling off! had a bet on zverev then fell asleep only to wake up and see it lose like wtf i've never even heard of chung and they keep hyping zverev to be the next #1

yea i watched set 3 there waiting for zverev's match.. and yep, exactly. i'd heard of chung coming up and saw him a few time sin 2017, but never expected last night's result. wonder what zverev was after the 3rd set, prolly -4xx. what a ridiculous collapse, totally lost his cool

Big NBA card today. Love it. See a few lines i already like. Stay tuned

LOL if you bet 1u against the Cavs and Thunder every game this season (ATS) you would be 58-29-2 for +26.1u

you absolutely have to live bet the hornets today if they get down to even money sometime in the first half

Didn’t watch, what’d he just give up in the last set? Insanity.

Early game:

Thunder +3 for 1.1u; +125 ML for 0.75u
I expect this one to lose but the value is there. The Thunder match up very well against the Cavaliers and I have a hard time seeing how the Cavs can play defense across the board and score well enough on the other side against a good defense. However, with all the struggles the Cavs have dealt with this season, they can still play very well in short burst, especially against a high profile team on a nationally televised game. I might add to this live if I can get around +7 but I don't think we'll get it.

My square parlay hit yesterday. Let's see if it hits today too... Giannis is out and the Bucks only have two above average players on their roster (I'm sure @mkess101 will fight me on this :) ). I think the 76ers win this game but I cant trust them to cover a large spread with how young and crappy they can play for extended periods of time. More so, it seems like every time Embiid goes to the bench, the opponents make a run. Ill gladly parlay their ML. Second half of the parlay- Minnesota Timberwolves. The Toronto Raptors played a tough game last night against the SA Spurs and now have to play the second half of a b2b on the road after their two key players played 36 minutes last night. I also tend to think this will be a Raptors 1H/Wolves 2H situation so Ill be looking to LB the Wolves if they happen to fall behind early.
Parlay of the two ML is +125 odds and ill be on it for 2u

My square parlay hit yesterday. Let's see if it hits today too... Giannis is out and the Bucks only have two above average players on their roster (I'm sure @mkess101 will fight me on this :) ). I think the 76ers win this game but I cant trust them to cover a large spread with how young and crappy they can play for extended periods of time. More so, it seems like every time Embiid goes to the bench, the opponents make a run. Ill gladly parlay their ML. Second half of the parlay- Minnesota Timberwolves. The Toronto Raptors played a tough game last night against the SA Spurs and now have to play the second half of a b2b on the road after their two key players played 36 minutes last night. I also tend to think this will be a Raptors 1H/Wolves 2H situation so Ill be looking to LB the Wolves if they happen to fall behind early.
Parlay of the two ML is +125 odds and ill be on it for 2u

Ha ha no, that was my point on how good Giannis actually is! Middleton is a solid scorer and defender, but does little else. He's a good iso player (well, a decent one) and a great spot up shooter, but he's below average in the open court and doesn't pass or rebound all that well. He's a nice player, (I agree above average), but nothing special. Bledsoe is a nice add for sure, defends really well and is a good playmaker and can score. But he's careless with the ball a lot and too often tries to make simple plays more difficult than they need to be.

I'm assuming you will no longer fight me on how good Giannis is. Without much of a jumpshot he's averaging something like 30, 10, and 5. Along with being among the league leaders in steals and blocks. And he's 23 years old, and has led a pretty lackluster roster to become a consistently winning team (the Bucks second unit is among the league worst). If he develops any sort of a consistent jump shot, he'll easily be the leagues best player. It might not even be close.

Ha ha no, that was my point on how good Giannis actually is! Middleton is a solid scorer and defender, but does little else. He's a good iso player (well, a decent one) and a great spot up shooter, but he's below average in the open court and doesn't pass or rebound all that well. He's a nice player, (I agree above average), but nothing special. Bledsoe is a nice add for sure, defends really well and is a good playmaker and can score. But he's careless with the ball a lot and too often tries to make simple plays more difficult than they need to be.

I'm assuming you will no longer fight me on how good Giannis is. Without much of a jumpshot he's averaging something like 30, 10, and 5. Along with being among the league leaders in steals and blocks. And he's 23 years old, and has led a pretty lackluster roster to become a consistently winning team (the Bucks second unit is among the league worst). If he develops any sort of a consistent jump shot, he'll easily be the leagues best player. It might not even be close.
Hyperbole. He's good, i never disputed that. But he's a top 10 player, not top 5

Hyperbole. He's good, i never disputed that. But he's a top 10 player, not top 5

I disagree, but not a crazy view. There's enough great players in the league that squeezing him out of the top 5 isn't insane or anything.

You agree that if he develops a consistent jumper that he takes over as the leagues best player most likely?

I disagree, but not a crazy view. There's enough great players in the league that squeezing him out of the top 5 isn't insane or anything.

You agree that if he develops a consistent jumper that he takes over as the leagues best player most likely?
Are we talking about current players under 25? Because grand scheme of things, his prime's not gonna be better than prime KD

Are we talking about current players under 25? Because grand scheme of things, his prime's not gonna be better than prime KD

How old is KD? 28? Seems like he's been around forever, but entered the league so young I guess I forget he still has a lot of really good years left.

I guess it depends on exactly how much Giannis can improve his jump shot. All reports are that his work ethic is obsessive. MJ didn't develop a great jumper until he was in the league ahwile. KD obviously has it all too, although Giannis is physically more gifted and stronger.

You might be right. It's a lot to expect Giannis to become the type of shooter he'd need to be in order to overtake KD. It's possible, but he'd have to go from a below average shooter to a really, really good one to make that leap. That said, if he can even become a slightly above average one, he's right there as a top 2-3 player in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back