Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - January, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever done their daily bets and just said... wow that's probably the worst bets I've made today.

My basketball bets today make me laugh.

Only 1.5 units though lol

You disgust me.

I was going to drop half a unit on Federer @26 and Nadal @21 before joker got koed and was told not to.. they dropped a lot since.

not following something here.. for the tourney? ahh, like 26.00 and 21.00?

Yo @EzFlyer what you think of Murray to win the open at 1.90 now Novak is out? Worth a reasonably sized play?

EDIT: Also saw Serena at 3.50 but I she can be a head case sometimes and capitulate, can't trust her with anything other than a small play I reckon.

sorry for late reply, i don't like it at 1.90

he has to get thru fed, then wawr, then the finals.. that's a lot

NBA Thursday

Cavaliers -12 for 1.1u
And that's a wrap +1u with a bad line and all. STRONGLY considering a play on the Min/LAC game but I'll post if I actually make it

NBA: 0.5u Knicks +2

Mostly a feel play here and certainly not tail worthy. Nothing else I like tonight so I'm going with it. I did like the way the Knicks played last night and I'm hopeful that Hornacek found something that could work with his rotations. Both teams have been bad in back to back situations, but the Wizards are 0-5 in when the second game is on the road and the Knicks are 1-1 when the second game is at home (with one being a closely contested game to the Hawks where a foul call was missed on the last play).

Knicks lead by 1 with less than a minute to play and lose by 3, just lol. Worst part is I bet them when the line first came out thinking it would move the other way and I could have gotten them at +3 about a half hour later. That's what I get for betting on this team though. I've been treading water with my NBA plays for a few weeks now (down about 1u for January). Hopefully can go on a little run here soon.

OK so I decided to make a small bet on the Clippers. I think there are a few situational situations that favor them. I don't like the fact that they're missing the engine that drives them, but I'm hoping that his absence earlier in the season allowed the rest of the team to learn to live without CP3. Their bench should win them this game. This will be the Wolves' third road game in a row. Injured player theory says the correction in line overcompensates so there is 'value' on the Clippers (the line actually opened with Clippers being a favorite and the public betting drove them to dogs so there's that too). And the fact that this game is nationally televised probably makes them play a little harder. They will be on my fade list going forward, though

Clippers +115 risk: 0.5u

Knicks lead by 1 with less than a minute to play and lose by 3, just lol. Worst part is I bet them when the line first came out thinking it would move the other way and I could have gotten them at +3 about a half hour later. That's what I get for betting on this team though. I've been treading water with my NBA plays for a few weeks now (down about 1u for January). Hopefully can go on a little run here soon.
what's worse, they didnt even get a shot up on the final possession

Packers ML keeps climbing. People starting to legit worry about all the injuries the Packers have. I already made a bet on ATL to win NFC at +1325 earlier this year so my hedging with the Packers keeps getting better. But I'm so emotionally invested in Green Bay that I'll be over the moon if my ATL bet loses. So I guess maybe I should just leave it be, but Packers up to +195 now. With the QB that literally looks like he can do anything he wants, regardless of who's at WR.

Ugh, Sunday at 2 pm can't come quick enough. I'm a wreck LOL.

Have 0.5U on Clips ML pregame after I read the line movement just for action. Hope they don't collapse 2H.

Warriors -5.5 against rockets looks good especially if Anderson isn't playing. Revenge game and rockets don't play defense. Harden may want to make a statement as MVP candidate tho, but Warriors have too much firepower and have revenge from last double OT loss to rockets.

Have 0.5U on Clips ML pregame after I read the line movement just for action. Hope they don't collapse 2H.

Warriors -5.5 against rockets looks good especially if Anderson isn't playing. Revenge game and rockets don't play defense. Harden may want to make a statement as MVP candidate tho, but Warriors have too much firepower and have revenge from last double OT loss to rockets.
I agree w your post. Initially thought I was gonna be on the Rockets but I'll prob take the Warriors tonight

Packers ML keeps climbing. People starting to legit worry about all the injuries the Packers have. I already made a bet on ATL to win NFC at +1325 earlier this year so my hedging with the Packers keeps getting better. But I'm so emotionally invested in Green Bay that I'll be over the moon if my ATL bet loses. So I guess maybe I should just leave it be, but Packers up to +195 now. With the QB that literally looks like he can do anything he wants, regardless of who's at WR.

Ugh, Sunday at 2 pm can't come quick enough. I'm a wreck LOL.
Hey what happened to the left tackle? Did he come back into the game?

Hey what happened to the left tackle? Did he come back into the game?

Yeah Bahktiari. He's fine. The O-line will be good to go. It's the WR's that are a complete mess. McCarthy said today that if this was a regular season game Nelson, Adams, AND Allison would all be ruled out already. That's not a good sign at all. That leaves Rodgers with Cobb, Jeff Janis, and I guess Trevor Davis at WR. Obviously Cook at TE a key weapon. I **think** Adams will try to give it a go. But how effective he'll be is anyone's guess. He played most of last year hurt and was awful. Jordy is most likely out. It's really hard to imagine him playing when he said it was the worst pain he's ever felt in his life and ASKED to spend Sunday night in the hospital in Dallas to help manage the pain. Today he "jogged without pads on". Yeah, I really doubt he plays. Allison...I have no clue. It's a hamstring which are so tricky. Nobody will know until Sunday probably.

I guess what we could see is the Packers using 2 back sets with Ripkowski and motioning Montgomery out of the backfield a lot to use him in a more hybrid role so he's involved in the passing game. McCarthy is a fairly innovative play caller so hopefully he and Rodgers come up with something. But how many guys can you lose before it collapses, even for Rodgers? His #1, #2, and #4 WR's are in danger of not playing.

Yeah Bahktiari. He's fine. The O-line will be good to go. It's the WR's that are a complete mess. McCarthy said today that if this was a regular season game Nelson, Adams, AND Allison would all be ruled out already. That's not a good sign at all. That leaves Rodgers with Cobb, Jeff Janis, and I guess Trevor Davis at WR. Obviously Cook at TE a key weapon. I **think** Adams will try to give it a go. But how effective he'll be is anyone's guess. He played most of last year hurt and was awful. Jordy is most likely out. It's really hard to imagine him playing when he said it was the worst pain he's ever felt in his life and ASKED to spend Sunday night in the hospital in Dallas to help manage the pain. Today he "jogged without pads on". Yeah, I really doubt he plays. Allison...I have no clue. It's a hamstring which are so tricky. Nobody will know until Sunday probably.

I guess what we could see is the Packers using 2 back sets with Ripkowski and motioning Montgomery out of the backfield a lot to use him in a more hybrid role so he's involved in the passing game. McCarthy is a fairly innovative play caller so hopefully he and Rodgers come up with something. But how many guys can you lose before it collapses, even for Rodgers? His #1, #2, and #4 WR's are in danger of not playing.
good info. with all being said, did you see the advanced spreads for all the potential sb match ups?

good info. with all being said, did you see the advanced spreads for all the potential sb match ups?

Just looked now. I guess I'd like Atlanta in either matchup at + odds. I think their offense is way too much for either NE or Pitt's defense to handle. Of course Atlanta's D would give up pts to either team but they could easily win a shootout against either team. I'd say the same about Green Bay but all the injuries just make it impossible to know what they'd look like in 2 weeks if they happened to win.

Honestly, I wasn't super impressed with NE. It was just one game so can't overreact, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Pitt gets them Sunday.

Just looked now. I guess I'd like Atlanta in either matchup at + odds. I think their offense is way too much for either NE or Pitt's defense to handle. Of course Atlanta's D would give up pts to either team but they could easily win a shootout against either team. I'd say the same about Green Bay but all the injuries just make it impossible to know what they'd look like in 2 weeks if they happened to win.

Honestly, I wasn't super impressed with NE. It was just one game so can't overreact, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Pitt gets them Sunday.
I'm gonna be on Pit +6. I think my big play this weekend will be a teaser but im undecided on how I want to play the Packers/Falcons. Getting Rodgers at +11 is nice and all but I've been burned by teasing up against great offenses. After initially thinking i'd be on the Packers, I think I'm gonna be on Atlanta in some way.

But what I was getting at regarding the SB odds: it makes no sense to play any of those props. Wouldn't you get better value by parlaying MLs (this week and SB) of the team you want to back?

To anyone w money on the Clippers: the Wolves are already over the limit w more than 9 min left in the game. Big advantage for the Clippers to close out. I'd prob even live bet if Wolves go on a run and Clipps turn to dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back