Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - January, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like a lot of other people I'm considering dropping some on Murray outright now. Long way to go in the tournament though and don't watch much tennis so no idea how he's playing or how comfortable his route to the final is. So all you tennis experts... this a good bet @ evens?

LOL looks like I'm gonna be off of the threads today. PM me if interested in NBA plays

up and down on the first four days of the aussie open so far, hehe. +1, -5u, +7u -3u.. pretty sure that's accurate.. and i'm dead even on the tourney, so that makes sense. lol.

anyway. i'm liking some favorites today.. so that's a scary thing.

i like tomic -131, seppi -142, m.zverev -135. quite frankly, they are the more talented guys with better resumes in all three matchups. they are also the taller players in all three matchups. i really think two if not three win. playing them to win 1.5u each.

querrey's covered the over with murray in three of their last four matchups.. even won outright a few years ago.. O30.5.. man do i wish it was 29.5.. but i'll take it with 30.5. querrey could easily win a set outright, i think a decent alternative to O30.5 is +2.5 sets +200 on BM, but i played it conservatively here. to win 1.02u O30.5 -102. (this is my weakest lean of the things i'm betting today)

---

the two most intriguing matchups are both no-bets for me as of now.

fed-berdych & tsonga-sock.

i WANT to stab at both dogs (sock and berdych are both in the +140 range)... but maaaaaaaan. idk. i almost think i HAVE to bet berdych with fed's lackluster start to 2017 after the long layoff... berdych was able to beat fed SEVERAL times outright when fed was healthy.. he can just power thru him... but betting against Roger is like betting against the flyers... i just really have a hard time doing it.

sock is just playing awesome. won the warmup tourney before the aussie, had a strong second half to 2016.. he's been competitive with tsonga both times they've played.. this shit probably goes O41, too... it's going 4+ sets almost assuredly and we're gonna have at least 1-2 7-6's.. ya know what? yea. just talked myself into it. 1.02u O41.0 -102.

------

if anyone bet berdych or sock i'd prolly agree w/that, too. just haven't done it yet, myself.

and i like SJ -129 in NHL today, btw.

Rodgers is playing too well right now and has even made jared cook look good. Still think green bay keeps this close and potentially wins the game. Atlanta defense is not that good and I can still see green bay putting up 30 on them.
I so hope you are right...

^^ i did it, i bet berdych and sock, and i feel dirty about the berdych one.

Looking at Cavs today. Think they have one of those dominant home performances here

Dallas looks intriguing for the reasons I listed a few days ago. Their record and their skill don't match up. They're a decent amount better than the Heat and this line should be a pick imo

Oh man the Wolves -1 seems like such a trap. the wolves just have so much more talent on the court with the Clippers MVP having thumb surgery yesterday. How can this line be so close. The wolves don't have a strong bench so I might play the 1Q angle here as the Clippers bench could keep this game close as the game goes on

Spurs are so good. Want to lay the points with them. I've talked myself out of so many Spurs bets and I think I'm gonna just suck it up and start betting them. Easily the "dark horse" of the NBA w the Cavs, Warriors, and Rockets getting all the love

Pumped Istomin covered but shocked Djok got bounced especially by a guy not named fed Murray or Stan, seems like he's a perpetual finalist.

Followed you on Bear Dick Ez, but wouldn't bother me if that bet lost. Maybe Fed can overcome his lackluster play from after the layoff to make one more run at a major now that Djok is gone.

Pumped Istomin covered but shocked Djok got bounced especially by a guy not named fed Murray or Stan, seems like he's a perpetual finalist.

Followed you on Bear Dick Ez, but wouldn't bother me if that bet lost. Maybe Fed can overcome his lackluster play from after the layoff to make one more run at a major now that Djok is gone.

istomin was my only bright spot last night, and man, why didn't i just do the ML! i think he was +4000 on 5d, lol

Look into Cavs props then? Higher usage for Lebron who has no one to guard him

Yeah but 5d might not release player props at all. They didn't last night for Warriors/Thunder due to the uncertainty with Klay. There's none up right now for Cavs/Suns and it's less than an hour until tipoff.

istomin was my only bright spot last night, and man, why didn't i just do the ML! i think he was +4000 on 5d, lol

True but who could expect him to lose at this point the guy almost never loses. That being said you definitely had a read and 4000 would've been a big hit so I get the frustration lol.

Yeah but 5d might not release player props at all. They didn't last night for Warriors/Thunder due to the uncertainty with Klay. There's none up right now for Cavs/Suns and it's less than an hour until tipoff.
Would you bite on Lebron o25 pts or Lebron o15 p + r? A smaller book of mine has those two

Would it be outlandish to assume 5d might put up 40 total for lebrons PRA total if they post it

Would you bite on Lebron o25 pts or Lebron o15 p + r? A smaller book of mine has those two

Would it be outlandish to assume 5d might put up 40 total for lebrons PRA total if they post it

No that sounds about right with Love out. It's higher than what Lebron's averaged lately, but with no Love the o25 pts looks better to me. He might grab a few more boards with Love out but his assist #'s aren't gonna benefit and probably take a hit. But for sure he'll shoot more.

NBA: 0.5u Knicks +2

Mostly a feel play here and certainly not tail worthy. Nothing else I like tonight so I'm going with it. I did like the way the Knicks played last night and I'm hopeful that Hornacek found something that could work with his rotations. Both teams have been bad in back to back situations, but the Wizards are 0-5 in when the second game is on the road and the Knicks are 1-1 when the second game is at home (with one being a closely contested game to the Hawks where a foul call was missed on the last play).

^^ i did it, i bet berdych and sock, and i feel dirty about the berdych one.
You disgust me.

I was going to drop half a unit on Federer @26 and Nadal @21 before joker got koed and was told not to.. they dropped a lot since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back