Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - January, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck you clipps
Fuck you rovers

-1.5 day should of been +2.5

Fucking hell.

Cant believe how much run Rivers gets. I know he's the coach's son and all but man, priorities...

Not a sure thing or anything, but I really like IG vs OG @3.1 for dotapit today for a couple of units.

OG is one of the best teams in the world, but they've only played a handful of official matches online vs teams of questionable quiality the last month and every one of them with standins. I know their captain and some other guy went on vacation to somewhere (Japan?) for a fairly long time and they probably have a bit of rust. IG on the other hand isn't as good, but they've played 14 matches going 10-2-2 (23-5 in maps) against various Chinese teams ranging from pretty bad to fairly strong the last few weeks.

This coupled with the fact that OG is more about overal strategy and teamwork then individual skill makes me think that current form and rust might make up for the skill difference.

I'm gonna be on Pit +6. I think my big play this weekend will be a teaser but im undecided on how I want to play the Packers/Falcons. Getting Rodgers at +11 is nice and all but I've been burned by teasing up against great offenses. After initially thinking i'd be on the Packers, I think I'm gonna be on Atlanta in some way.

But what I was getting at regarding the SB odds: it makes no sense to play any of those props. Wouldn't you get better value by parlaying MLs (this week and SB) of the team you want to back?

No question. For example ATL over Pitt for the SB prop is +750 (or close to it). If you put $100 on it and you hit you collect $850. If you parlay Atlanta+Pitt this weekend you'll collect (about) $450 ($350 plus your initial $100). Atlanta will be around +100(ish) vs Pitt (barring a major injury) so yeah if you took that $450 and bet ATL you collect $900.

what's worse, they didnt even get a shot up on the final possession

Yup. I turned the TV off in disgust after that possession. Courtney Lee had a good look from the corner and I couldn't understand why he didn't take the shot. Now this morning I'm seeing that a Wizards assistant was on the court during the play, and Lee saw him out of the corner of his eye and thought he was a defender. Can't make this shit up with the Knicks.

EDIT: After watching a few more replays, I feel comfortable saying this is number one bullshit

Knicks lead by 1 with less than a minute to play and lose by 3, just lol. Worst part is I bet them when the line first came out thinking it would move the other way and I could have gotten them at +3 about a half hour later. That's what I get for betting on this team though. I've been treading water with my NBA plays for a few weeks now (down about 1u for January). Hopefully can go on a little run here soon.

they are maddening to watch. that last possession they cant even get a shot off iso melo with the whole team just watching awful!!!!!!!!!

Packers ML keeps climbing. People starting to legit worry about all the injuries the Packers have. I already made a bet on ATL to win NFC at +1325 earlier this year so my hedging with the Packers keeps getting better. But I'm so emotionally invested in Green Bay that I'll be over the moon if my ATL bet loses. So I guess maybe I should just leave it be, but Packers up to +195 now. With the QB that literally looks like he can do anything he wants, regardless of who's at WR.

Ugh, Sunday at 2 pm can't come quick enough. I'm a wreck LOL.

upload_2017-1-20_10-56-35.jpeg

bahhhhhhhhhh that's what i get for betraying the fed-express. i awoke to my friend's 100 texts saying how amazing roger looked against berdych, haha

even for the day (if you include the SJ hockey pick)

i knew it was gonna go 2/3 on seppi/zverev/tomic.. sucked waking up to a tomic loss scoreline, tho.. should know better than to trust that flake, even on aussie soil!

Trust the Process

76ers +110 risk: 1u
Warriors -5.5 for 1.65u

day 6:

recommended:
2.5u gasquet ML: +140. 5-1 h2h lifetime. this line should be a pick'em at worst.
2u simon +2.5 sets -140. simon is always crafty. the over should hit, obviously, too.. but for once the price hit for going +2.5 sets isn't that much steeper.

smaller:
1.25u ferrer +1.5 sets -125
1u istomin +5 +100
1u monfils-kohl O37.0 +100

-----

i went into tonight's bets looking to bet a.zverev somehow, but man, idk. rafa looks great so far in the first two rounds & he bagel'd zverev in the 2nd set the only time they played.

^^tailed pretty much all. Jeez betting so much on tennis and I have no clue.

^^tailed pretty much all. Jeez betting so much on tennis and I have no clue.

I don't know a ton about tennis either and Ez probably won't like me blowing smoke up his ass like this but think of him as Moses leading us through the Red Sea that is the Australian Open.

Nobody wins all the time but ive been following his bets for years and I'm far in the black long term.

Also the fact that he's Jewish makes that Moses analogy that much better.

lol. i'll part that shit for you, BT!

oh shit I am dying ...that is so funny. I didn't know EZ was jewish....confidence increase. Jews are always sharp AF :)

Moses seemed like a great guy but he never made money like MosEz has. See what I did there?

I'll be here all weekend ladies and gentlemen.

Btw @iGnP you get my pm?

Moses seemed like a great guy but he never made money like MosEz has. See what I did there?

I'll be here all weekend ladies and gentlemen.

Btw @iGnP you get my pm?
Dude, I completely forgot to respond to it. I'll get to it in a second, sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back