NiOh DLC

Is the dlc worth buying? I haven't played since i platinumed the main game.

Is the dlc worth buying? I haven't played since i platinumed the main game.
I don't think they're as good as the Soulsborne DLCs but I'd say they're worth it if you really liked the main game and mechanics. Lots of new areas and bosses and not surprisingly, they're pretty hard.

There were also a few new weapons added but I don't think you need to buy the DLCs to get them. They should have been added in your latest patch.

So I was really hoping to pick this game up on sale somewhere for Black Friday. Unfortunately, it didn’t appear to go on sale anywhere.

<{hfved}>

So I was really hoping to pick this game up on sale somewhere for Black Friday. Unfortunately, it didn’t appear to go on sale anywhere.

<{hfved}>
Same here. I waited until yesterday but no dice. It's only been out a couple of weeks so maybe before Christmas.

I’m looking for the PS4 version which has been out since like, February I think.
Ah sorry. Yeah I'm surprised PSN didn't offer some kind of deal to take advantage of the buzz from the PC release.

Hit a noticible difficulty spike heading into the 3rd area. The only real deaths I was having started on the last mission of the 2nd area, and even most of those were drowning. I would either dodge off of a plank or I wasn't paying attention and just run right off of a ledge into the water.

The boss was kind of a bitch, but mostly because his physical defense was so high and his attack oppertunities in Phase 1 were so small and it just took forever. Tried to save the bon fires for Phase 2 when he had bigger attack windows.

I thought I was doing pretty good, but now in the 3rd area, I'm dying like crazy. In the mission in the wrecked town that is overrun by spiders. It's kind of slow going making sure I don't get jumped by all the damn spiders, but the new roided out yokai they're throwing at you hit like a ton of bricks and I'm going through all my elixirs. I've unlocked a few shortcuts and picked up the Castle Gate Key, so guessing I'm getting nearish to the end of the mission.

I picked up a new helm that has Sense Kodama, so after my current mission I think I'm going to back track a bit and find all of my missing Kodama with Healing Blessing active to restock on some elixirs.

Hit a noticible difficulty spike heading into the 3rd area. The only real deaths I was having started on the last mission of the 2nd area, and even most of those were drowning. I would either dodge off of a plank or I wasn't paying attention and just run right off of a ledge into the water.

The boss was kind of a bitch, but mostly because his physical defense was so high and his attack oppertunities in Phase 1 were so small and it just took forever. Tried to save the bon fires for Phase 2 when he had bigger attack windows.

I thought I was doing pretty good, but now in the 3rd area, I'm dying like crazy. In the mission in the wrecked town that is overrun by spiders. It's kind of slow going making sure I don't get jumped by all the damn spiders, but the new roided out yokai they're throwing at you hit like a ton of bricks and I'm going through all my elixirs. I've unlocked a few shortcuts and picked up the Castle Gate Key, so guessing I'm getting nearish to the end of the mission.

I picked up a new helm that has Sense Kodama, so after my current mission I think I'm going to back track a bit and find all of my missing Kodama with Healing Blessing active to restock on some elixirs.
Have you tried all the weapon types yet? Which are your favourites?

Have you tried all the weapon types yet? Which are your favourites?

I've mained a Longsword in Demon Souls and all the Dark Souls, so I've been right at home with the Kitana. I've found the Spear has also fit right into my play style.

The Dual Swords are to hack and slashy and I didn't feel like I had control of the combos. The Axe and Hammer just feel to slow for my taste. I haven't really played around with the Tonfa, Kursigama, or the Odachi, but from what I've seen fighting Revenants they don't seem all that special to learn and try to juggle more weapons when I already love Spear and Sword combo.

All the other weapons you find are super handy to collect for Soul Matching to keep your primary weapons leveled up.

I've mained a Longsword in Demon Souls and all the Dark Souls, so I've been right at home with the Kitana. I've found the Spear has also fit right into my play style.

The Dual Swords are to hack and slashy and I didn't feel like I had control of the combos. The Axe and Hammer just feel to slow for my taste. I haven't really played around with the Tonfa, Kursigama, or the Odachi, but from what I've seen fighting Revenants they don't seem all that special to learn and try to juggle more weapons when I already love Spear and Sword combo.

All the other weapons you find are super handy to collect for Soul Matching to keep your primary weapons leveled up.
Odachi combines sword speed with axe damage, it’s OP. It was shit when it first came out but they buffed it considerably. Kusarigamas will always be the best weapon in the game for their range and DPS potential.

Odachi combines sword speed with axe damage, it’s OP. It was shit when it first came out but they buffed it considerably. Kusarigamas will always be the best weapon in the game for their range and DPS potential.

Interesting, I'll keep that in mind. One of the things I read about them were they more of an advanced weapon and you didn't start to see its full potential until you unlocked a good chunk of it's abilities. I figured I'd eventually check it out once I had an abundance of Samuari Points to dump into it, but maybe I'll check it out sooner or later.

I'm on a compresed game schedule with a bunch of other RPG's coming out, so I'm not looking to have the most balanced experience. I'm fine with OP.

True. I'm doing a tonfa run and see odachis everywhere. They seem to have replaced kusarigamas as most popular weapon with revenants.

Tonfas are pretty fun but I think my favourite is still the sword so I like your choice. Iai quickdraw, haze and backwave/tempest are still the most fun skills I've come across in the game.

I'm about halfway through ng+ with the tonfas and gotta say, they're amazing. Once you get the hang of the moveset and how to chain skills and combos together, they're seriously fun. You can even bully bosses around.

started playing this for about two weeks ago and i love it, much more than the souls series

i really like how the skills work for each weapon type and also the variety in offensive and defensive magic/ninja abilites

this game is amazing

here's my ranking of souls like

Bloodborne
Nioh
Ds1
Demon's Souls
Ds3
Ds2

started playing this for about two weeks ago and i love it, much more than the souls series

i really like how the skills work for each weapon type and also the variety in offensive and defensive magic/ninja abilites
The skills make all the difference, imo. I love the combat but it's a little bland until you unlock a few.

Back