this game is amazing

here's my ranking of souls like

Bloodborne
Nioh
Ds1
Demon's Souls
Ds3
Ds2
I agree with BB and DS1 being tops in that series. Not sure where I'd put Nioh though. I love its innovation in combat but the Souls' variety with enemy and world design is much better.

The skills make all the difference, imo. I love the combat but it's a little bland until you unlock a few.

i basically went into this game blind so i didnt even know about the skill customizations until quite a few hours of playing it and when i did thats when it got really fun

kinda regret putting those starter points into tonfas since i enjoyed dual swords more

Why does this game seem to never go on sale? I can’t even find physical copies in store anymore, and I’ve never seen it discounted on the PlayStation store.

<{hfved}>

Why does this game seem to never go on sale? I can’t even find physical copies in store anymore, and I’ve never seen it discounted on the PlayStation store.

<{hfved}>

It was discounted just recently...either the holiday sale or the BF sale

I think I've hit a wall on Way of the Demon in the second region. That god damn water blob boss damage mitigation is fucking stupid high. I can get him to the second phase with little problems, but it takes a while due to damage output and pretty much get one shot by everything so any little slip up ends the show.

Sitting at level 210 and I think I need to grind some more levels and respec with a min/max build. I did a quality build up to about 150ish using 2 weapons, but started pumping Dex only to beef up my kursigama damage. When I first hit WotD I farmed some gear to boost everything to roughly 170+12, but thinking I need to replan my armor since I was focused on the Li set with Spear for the Ki recovery. I managed to stumble on 2 Yaskani Magatama's so that is really making me rethink my armor set up since it opens up a lot of doors for multi set armor bonuses.

Thinking I need to get on Youtube and look up some OP builds for beef up my damage output. Glanced over a few and some of the damage these guys are putting out are pretty outragous. Watched a Katana user dealing out 25,000 raw + 2000ish water damage with a single High Stance Strong Attack. He was low 400's, so have some work to do to get there. Since my Kursigama is already pretty high, think I'll use one of those OP builds for now while I grind out some levels.

I think I've hit a wall on Way of the Demon in the second region. That god damn water blob boss damage mitigation is fucking stupid high. I can get him to the second phase with little problems, but it takes a while due to damage output and pretty much get one shot by everything so any little slip up ends the show.

Sitting at level 210 and I think I need to grind some more levels and respec with a min/max build. I did a quality build up to about 150ish using 2 weapons, but started pumping Dex only to beef up my kursigama damage. When I first hit WotD I farmed some gear to boost everything to roughly 170+12, but thinking I need to replan my armor since I was focused on the Li set with Spear for the Ki recovery. I managed to stumble on 2 Yaskani Magatama's so that is really making me rethink my armor set up since it opens up a lot of doors for multi set armor bonuses.

Thinking I need to get on Youtube and look up some OP builds for beef up my damage output. Glanced over a few and some of the damage these guys are putting out are pretty outragous. Watched a Katana user dealing out 25,000 raw + 2000ish water damage with a single High Stance Strong Attack. He was low 400's, so have some work to do to get there. Since my Kursigama is already pretty high, think I'll use one of those OP builds for now while I grind out some levels.
I haven't tried NG+2 yet. How much amrita do you need to level at 210?

On the PlayStation store? Well, maybe not in Canada because I check every Tuesday for the werk’s Deals

Yes it was in canada i'm in canada.

and i know 100% it was discounted because i bought the game full price but i don't have any DLC right now. So when i saw it was discounted i went to see if the season pass or single DLC were aswell, but they weren't. Only the original game was

now that i think about it, it went on sale for the Game Awards sale.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/12/07/celebrate-the-game-awards-with-up-to-50-percent-off/

Yes it was in canada i'm in canada.

and i know 100% it was discounted because i bought the game full price but i don't have any DLC right now. So when i saw it was discounted i went to see if the season pass or single DLC were aswell, but they weren't. Only the original game was

now that i think about it, it went on sale for the Game Awards sale.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/12/07/celebrate-the-game-awards-with-up-to-50-percent-off/

200.gif

I haven't tried NG+2 yet. How much amrita do you need to level at 210?

I'm right about 9mil per level right now. Seems steep but I did a bit of grinding at the first shrine in the Iga Castle and getting just shy of 10mil from killing the first 5 ninjas in the castle. One of the builds i saw was 260, so that gives me a good near term goal for my Kursigama build.

I'm right about 9mil per level right now. Seems steep but I did a bit of grinding at the first shrine in the Iga Castle and getting just shy of 10mil from killing the first 5 ninjas in the castle. One of the builds i saw was 260, so that gives me a good near term goal for my Kursigama build.

I played Nioh on pc for maybe 2 hours. Serious question, why would you use any weapon but the kurisurigama? It has such range and good damage, it seemed way more efficient than any other weapon, in any stance.

I played Nioh on pc for maybe 2 hours. Serious question, why would you use any weapon but the kurisurigama? It has such range and good damage, it seemed way more efficient than any other weapon, in any stance.

There are a few reasons.

The main reason is comfort and preference in the move set. I'm a diehard Longsword user from Demon Souls, Dark Souls 1-3, and Bloodborne. The Katana move set is pretty much the Longsword so it just feels right.

The second reason is right behind. The Kurisurigama doesn't have a punish followup to it's parry/timely guard. You do huge damage during these animations and are invincible. So when you're outnumbered and can land timely guards and parries, you can still clean house with a Katana. You're options are a lot more limited with the Kurisurigama.

you can't pull off moves like these with the Kurisigama:

Lastly is the wind up in high stance for both quick and strong attacks. This is where my biggest damage numbers come from and I can shred yokai with all of the bonuses I currently have, but when you're getting pressure from a few different enemies this wind up animation will knock you out of your attack fiarly frequently, especially against fast enemies like the ninjas . This is a problem on my end since I rely to heavily on High Stance quick combo to much and refuse to switch to low stance to deal out quicker damage.

A lot of people love that weapon but I could never get into it, even after using it enough for the platinum requirement. I think it's that you're not hitting anything, you're just swinging a weight at enemies. Doesn't feel right to me.

The katana doesn't have the highest DPS but the skills are really versatile and make up for it, imo. Backwave 2 is probably the most useful one in the game, at least against human enemies. I haven't seen another skill that lets you control opponents like that. Really fun to use and flashy too.

Since I'm getting my shit pushed in pretty regularly in NG++, I see a lot of farming in my future going a min/max route and reading up on skill inheritance when Soul Matching. better late than never I guess. I wish I would have read up on it earlier since I'm sure I sold some prime gear that I didn't need at the time.

I think I settled on going with a mix of Kingo and Iga gear to take advantage of the Close Combat damage from both sets, and the Kingo has 20% rear damage. With 2 Yasakani Magatama's I can get the full 6 piece set bonus and I think the 4th bonus from the Iga. I don't have the Iga Jonin text, so need to farm up a bit and do some save scumming to forge the proper gear.

Since I'm getting my shit pushed in pretty regularly in NG++, I see a lot of farming in my future going a min/max route and reading up on skill inheritance when Soul Matching. better late than never I guess. I wish I would have read up on it earlier since I'm sure I sold some prime gear that I didn't need at the time.

I think I settled on going with a mix of Kingo and Iga gear to take advantage of the Close Combat damage from both sets, and the Kingo has 20% rear damage. With 2 Yasakani Magatama's I can get the full 6 piece set bonus and I think the 4th bonus from the Iga. I don't have the Iga Jonin text, so need to farm up a bit and do some save scumming to forge the proper gear.
You can only lower your set bonus requirement by one, even if you equip two yasakanis. The -1 effects don't stack.

Many of those OP builds have been nerfed. If you’re using a kusarigama, get a fire living weapon, I use suzaku or whatever the Phoenix is called, and do reaper on it after casting weakness. If you’re against cheese, use fire talismans and just learn the attack patterns. My biggest problem is the boss arena in that fight. I’ve been strafing attacks and just walked into one of the holes from not paying attention. If you have the last region unlocked, the last mission is easily the best farming spot for amrita. I leveled 100 levels farming that in way of the wise.

I’m on Way of the NiOh with all +40 ethereal gear and I’m still getting one shotted and doing no damage without cheese at level 560 with a kusa with a 4400 Attack rating. The game is wildly unbalanced throughout its new game cycles.

Many of those OP builds have been nerfed. If you’re using a kusarigama, get a fire living weapon, I use suzaku or whatever the Phoenix is called, and do reaper on it after casting weakness. If you’re against cheese, use fire talismans and just learn the attack patterns. My biggest problem is the boss arena in that fight. I’ve been strafing attacks and just walked into one of the holes from not paying attention. If you have the last region unlocked, the last mission is easily the best farming spot for amrita. I leveled 100 levels farming that in way of the wise.

I’m on Way of the NiOh with all +40 ethereal gear and I’m still getting one shotted and doing no damage without cheese at level 560 with a kusa with a 4400 Attack rating. The game is wildly unbalanced throughout its new game cycles.

I really need to be done playing this game, since it seems like end game stuff is just grinding for higher level gear to fight higher level enemies, but this game just has its hooks in me deep. My favorite part of RPG's is gearing up my characters and grinding levels, so every level up or Soul Match keeps fueling my habit. I've been sitting on Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for a month, and haven't gotten past the intro yet. I have a work trip to the east coast in a few weeks and plan on brining my Switch and give XC2 some much need attention. Hoping that by putting Nioh down for a bit will help me quit.

I really need to be done playing this game, since it seems like end game stuff is just grinding for higher level gear to fight higher level enemies, but this game just has its hooks in me deep. My favorite part of RPG's is gearing up my characters and grinding levels, so every level up or Soul Match keeps fueling my habit. I've been sitting on Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for a month, and haven't gotten past the intro yet. I have a work trip to the east coast in a few weeks and plan on brining my Switch and give XC2 some much need attention. Hoping that by putting Nioh down for a bit will help me quit.
dude I’ve got 300 hours into it and grinded for hours a day for new gear. It just tickles my autism in all the right ways.

Back