Elections Nikki Haley confused about cause of the civil war

It's honestly pretty crazy that sherdog allows mods to be this implicitly racist. Go mod on sstormfront bro. You'll be so much happier there

It wasn't all about slavery, and it wasn't all about everything outside of slavery.

It was a civil war. It wasn't waged on any one thing.

Wrong, it was entirely about slavery... in order to garner support from southerners that weren't as keen on slavery some spoke about it in "states rights" terms, but don't get it twisted: the "right" they were up in arms about (literally) was the right to own slaves.

As with any political movement there are "hangers-on" that attach their issue to the movement, but it's deceptive to let those cloud the whole purpose.

Wrong, it was entirely about slavery... in order to garner support from southerners that weren't as keen on slavery some spoke about it in "states rights" terms, but don't get it twisted: the "right" they were up in arms about (literally) was the right to own slaves.
It gets worse. Lincoln was okay with slavery in the south. But the southerners wanted to spread slavery to the west. So it was really about the right to keep slaves and to expand slavery.

And the confederates weren't just evil as they were literally fighting to keep Africans enslaved so they could profit from it they were extremely short sighted. An expansion of slavery would eventually lead to a mostly rural and primitive country such as the ones in South America.
Worst case scenario blacks would become a majority, rebel and kill them all such as in Haiti.

Technically the civil war was about state and federal rights and if the state is allowed to secede from the union or not. Lincoln fought to bring the South back into the union.

But yes, the whole reason the South seceded was due to slavery.

People in this thread acting like only southern states owned slaves.

Jesus Christ people, go read a history book.

People in this thread acting like only southern states owned slaves.

Jesus Christ people, go read a history book.

Lol

"We are calling this the War of Northern Aggression." - Southern Slave States mad because they couldn't do Western Expansion

It gets worse. Lincoln was okay with slavery in the south. But the southerners wanted to spread slavery to the west. So it was really about the right to keep slaves and to expand slavery.

And the confederates weren't just evil as they were literally fighting to keep Africans enslaved so they could profit from it they were extremely short sighted. An expansion of slavery would eventually lead to a mostly rural and primitive country such as the ones in South America.
Worst case scenario blacks would become a majority, rebel and kill them all such as in Haiti.

Lincoln was absolutely not ok with slavery in the South.

Keeping people as property is evil.

i don't like this woman at all but monocausal history is a myth for simpletons.

it was a democrat plant lolololol

I'm exhausted with this nonsense tactic where some journalist asks a question about something so general and studied and irrelevant to the campaign at hand that there is nothing material about a politician's administrative intent to ask it at all, but because the candidate doesn't offer a very specific answer within the sea of possible responses, suddenly they seize upon that to demonize the person asked the question.

That isn't an interview or a question. It's a transparent, hostile, meaningless attack.

I too have been tricked into refusing to denounce slavery. i hate it when that happens!

It wasn't all about slavery, and it wasn't all about everything outside of slavery.

It was a civil war. It wasn't waged on any one thing.
Can we at least agree that it is intellectually dishonest to downplay or dance around the role of slavery in causing the civil war?

It gets said that the war wasn't caused by any one thing, but slavery is the only concrete issue anyone in a postion of political power was willing to wage a war over in the South. I know there were disagreement about tarifffs and things like that, but no one was willing to take up arms over tariffs at that time.

No one was willing to take up arms over an abstract notion of states rights either. Wars aren't usually fought over abstract ideas. It was the concrete issue of slavery. Political leaders of the South waged war specifically over the right to decide slave policy.

No one was willing to fight a war over abstract economic ideas like rural vs industrial. Political leaders of the South waged war specifically over preserving a slave rural economy rather than just rural economy in general.

No one was willing to fight a war over westward expansion in general. Political leaders of South waged war specifically over whether westward expansion would include slavery.

Is there anything I am missing? Slavery is pretty much linked to every single other cause that gets mentioned and it's the only singular concrete issue anyone in a position of political power was willing to fight over in the South.

South Carolina fired the shot that began the civil war and explicitly made it clear in their 1860 declaration of secession that they were seceding to preserve slavery.

Last edited:
So the party of Fuck Your Feelings is literally rewriting history books to protect feelings.
Is it the entire party or just some various groups within the party as I mentioned?

Back