Elections Nikki Haley confused about cause of the civil war

Nikki Haley is a proud American patriot who knows a general answer is fitting a general question. If they asked a specific question like "what was the main economic reason for succession?" She would have gave the specific answer they wanted. God bless this beautiful woman.

I think you are correct in that the question was asked as an attempt to trip her up/achieve a gotcha moment.

However, it is sad that she can not answer the question honestly because too many southerners have fragile feelings and can not admit what caused the war.

I used to be a registered Republican. I am now a registered independent. I consider myself a moderate that is slightly right of center. Both political parties disgust me.

One of the reasons I am not a Republican anymore is shit like this. Even if it means losing some elections, I would like to see the Republican party have integrity and not pander to idiots. The only reason she did not answer the question honestly is because she did not want to lose the aggressively ignorant hick vote.
The crazy part is all Nikki, has to do is look in the mirror while grabbing her tits, and she would realize there is nothing she can do to get the aggressively ignorant hick vote.

What does that have to do with how the US might vote in 2024? Who said it shouldn't be mentioned again? It's all various groups can talk about. It's literal history. It'll NEVER go away. If it did, what crutch would get used next?

You didn't say how the Country voted, you said how it's run, and nothing good can come of allowing slavery downplayers and denialists to run the whole Country.

Nikki Haley is a proud American patriot who knows a general answer is fitting a general question. If they asked a specific question like "what was the main economic reason for succession?" She would have gave the specific answer they wanted. God bless this beautiful woman.

Ahh yes the trope of associating "Patriotism" with people who favor "exceptionalism" and blatantly avoid openly stating a horrible practice used to form the exceptional Country so hard their answer distinctly lacks grace and dignity, all because its viewed by some of her base as a bad political move

You didn't say how the Country voted, you said how it's run, and nothing good can come of allowing slavery downplayers and denialists to run the whole Country.
How it's ran vs how folks vote . . . pretty much related since the voters elect those running things.

Slavery happened. There's no downplaying it. Anyone with a pulse knows that.

We've got checks and balances for a reason.

How it's ran vs how folks vote . . . pretty much related since the voters elect those running things.

Slavery happened. There's no downplaying it. Anyone with a pulse knows that.

We've got checks and balances for a reason.

Everyone except Nikki Haley, Ron DeSantis, Donald Trump. The latter two have espoused actual legislative programs to diminish the teaching of slavery and the consequences thereof in public schools.

Everyone except Nikki Haley, Ron DeSantis, Donald Trump. The latter two have espoused actual legislative programs to diminish the teaching of slavery and the consequences thereof in public schools.
They can't be that stupid. They're probably just fed up with it being used as a continual crutch and being blamed for all of our issues.

They can't be that stupid. They're probably just fed up with it being used as a continual crutch and being blamed for all of our issues.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt in that you keep saying this "used as a crutch" crap, but there's an entire thread on what went on with the changes of the teaching of slavery as being some sort of weird net positive for former slaves in Florida schools. Trump had a whole committee dedicated to this, formed of people who want to do sh*t like Texas did with eliminating the term "slaves" with "involuntary workers." I wouldnt argue that they're stupid, that kind of move isnt done out of stupidity, it's done out of malice for people you feel are beneath you.

Last edited:
I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt in that you keep saying this "used as a crutch" crap, but there's an entire thread on what went on with the changes of the teaching of slavery as being some sort of weird bet positive for former slaves in Florida schools. Trump had a whole committee dedicated to this, formed of people who want to do sh*t like Texas did with eliminating the term "slaves" with "involuntary workers." I wouldnt argue that they're stupid, that kind of move isnt done out of stupidity, it's done out of malice for people you feel are beneath you.
I'm well aware of the groups trying to change curriculum so it won't be used to shame students or make them feel bad for something they weren't a part of or involved in. I'm a big boy. No need to give me the benefit of any doubt . . . I said what I said. Slavery is used as a crutch by similar fringe groups just on the opposite side of those you're complaining about now in this thread. My grandma's family and my wife's grandma's family were both impacted by atrocities just as bad as slavery. They were forced to trapse across the country against their will on the Trail of Tears and have been dealing with those repercussions ever since, but we've survived some how and have become better for it.

We all need to move on. Do our part to try and make things better for everyone. Stop judging people and holding grudges based on historical tragedies.

I mean, the Republican party has actually removed some child labor laws in their states as well. I find it weird that they want kids to be able to marry and work in manufacturing plants under the age of 14. Not exactly the same as slavery, but still a strange flex for the red states.

I'm well aware of the groups trying to change curriculum so it won't be used to shame students or make them feel bad for something they weren't a part of or involved in. I'm a big boy. No need to give me the benefit of any doubt . . . I said what I said. Slavery is used as a crutch by similar fringe groups just on the opposite side of those you're complaining about now in this thread. My grandma's family and my wife's grandma's family were both impacted by atrocities just as bad as slavery. They were forced to trapse across the country against their will on the Trail of Tears and have been dealing with those repercussions ever since, but we've survived some how and have become better for it.

We all need to move on. Do our part to try and make things better for everyone. Stop judging people and holding grudges based on historical tragedies.

Yeah, your personal diatribe on this has no place within the argument being as you're framing what is happening to align with an obvious narrative. I was attempting to be a bit more civil with you because I have some respect for you based on earlier conversations, but you want to push this. There's no "both sides"-ing this issue and your own post reveals this. You speak of your own Family and saying theyve been dealing with the repercussions "EVER SINCE"...which means there were lasting effects that transcended generations of people.

And yet somehow, being excusing of people who not only will not publicly state THE cause of the Civil War, but being willing to p'shaw the attempt to further water-down already ridiculously watered-down History is an exercise of everyone "just moving on" and "making things better for everyone"...?

Yeah, no. This is feelings-based editing of History because it irks people who believe that social and economic hierarchies are essential and optimal to civil structure. Its favoritism of a ruling class, and no one owes it to them to spare their feelings about reality.

BTW I mentioned this in maybe that same Florida thread but I did my HS Research paper and presentation on Native American treatment because of the bit of Native blood I have. 12th grade and the things I spoke about maybe only 2 or 3 kids knew ever happened. And this in a City with streets and small surrounding towns with Native names. History teaching here is already a joke, so spare me your indifference to it being made even more of a joke.

i want cheeto benito to give us some more of his history lessons on the civil war

i'll bet if you asked combover caligula the same question you would learn that it was it was antifa, windmills, illegal mexicans, and deranged jack smith's trump-hating wife that caused the civil war. the deep state and the weaponized DOJ probably played a hand in it too.

Combover Caligula…..rofl, might be best one yet

Yeah, your personal diatribe on this has no place within the argument being as you're framing what is happening to align with an obvious narrative. I was attempting to be a bit more civil with you because I have some respect for you based on earlier conversations, but you want to push this. There's no "both sides"-ing this issue and your own post reveals this. You speak of your own Family and saying theyve been dealing with the repercussions "EVER SINCE"...which means there were lasting effects that transcended generations of people.

And yet somehow, being excusing of people who not only will not publicly state THE cause of the Civil War, but being willing to p'shaw the attempt to further water-down already ridiculously watered-down History is an exercise of everyone "just moving on" and "making things better for everyone"...?

Yeah, no. This is feelings-based editing of History because it irks people who believe that social and economic hierarchies are essential and optimal to civil structure. Its favoritism of a ruling class, and no one owes it to them to spare their feelings about reality.

BTW I mentioned this in maybe that same Florida thread but I did my HS Research paper and presentation on Native American treatment because of the bit of Native blood I have. 12th grade and the things I spoke about maybe only 2 or 3 kids knew ever happened. And this in a City with streets and small surrounding towns with Native names. History teaching here is already a joke, so spare me your indifference to it being made even more of a joke.
Meh . . . there's definitely "both sides" to this discussion. Always is . . . most of my family has dealt with the repercussions and made a successful life for ourselves. We're not invoking the treatment of our ancestors as a reason for our failures.

I didn't say history should be watered down more to move on or make things better for everyone . . . so please don't try to frame it like I did.

Nor did I say I support editing history based on feelings. But hey, you want to proclaim that the white boy in 3rd grade should apologize about something that a person with the same skin color as him did 200 years ago you go for it big dog. I'm sure that's totally not feelings-based at all.

You teach history based on how it happened. Let the students interpret things however they want. If they see guilt as the only option then that's on them.

Meh . . . there's definitely "both sides" to this discussion. Always is . . . most of my family has dealt with the repercussions and made a successful life for ourselves. We're not invoking the treatment of our ancestors as a reason for our failures.

I didn't say history should be watered down more to move on or make things better for everyone . . . so please don't try to frame it like I did.

Nor did I say I support editing history based on feelings. But hey, you want to proclaim that the white boy in 3rd grade should apologize about something that a person with the same skin color as him did 200 years ago you go for it big dog. I'm sure that's totally not feelings-based at all.

You teach history based on how it happened. Let the students interpret things however they want. If they see guilt as the only option then that's on them.

What is this survivor bias hour?

Again your personal assessment of this has no bearing on what is happening. History in the US is already absurdly watered down to spare the feelings of that exact same white boy, and people in power are watering it down further. Your "just move on" hand-waving definitely doesn't help the situation, and flies in the face of why to teach History in the first place. These are current Presidential candidates. Nikki Haley outright refused to answer one of the most softball civics questions a candidate could answer, a single word and none of this controversy would be happening. She won't, because there are people she takes donations from don't want her to, and part of the base she panders to get upset if slavery is taught in any way that suggests there might be any lasting effects today the likes of which YOU mentioned. Ron DeSantis is a presidential candidate who thinks it's ok to teach that slavery was beneficial for some black people lol Oh and who always not only refuses to condemn Nazis who show up at his events, but he blames Democrats for them. Oh and look, Haley blamed Democrats for her bullsh*t, too.

P.S. - slavery and Native genocide/relocation are NOT taught how they happened, because of people like this. That's part of the entire point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brendan The Hybrid Schaub
Back