Nick Diaz vs Conor McGregor at 170 who wins ?

If Conor could fight 2 rounds without gassing, he'd probably win.

Diaz TKO though.
Literally what? The farther the fight goes the absolute worse it gets for mcgregor. Nick can literally go all day. If Conor made it to round 5 he'd get massacred in it

Conor couldn't even execute a proper chop kick without f*king up his own foot, the purpose of an effective chop kick is to have the other guy use crutches after, not you...

That's probably because he's not normally a leg kicker...

I doubt you're gonna read all this, but whatever

Yeah Nick can't make 155 though. Even if he could, his cardio would still be fine like it always is/was and Conor's will likely still be the same, unfortunately. He weighed in at like 154 against Floyd (gained weight back, of course, everybody does, especially Conor) and still gassed in the same amount of time against Floyd as he did against Nate pretty much. Conor had clearly slowed down considerably about 12 minutes or so into the fight against Floyd, just like he did against Nate in the rematch at 170. The thing about Conor is that his style and body type isn't the best when it comes to conserving energy.

He fought at a lower pace in the rematch against Nate early on, but still gassed badly throughout the 2nd and 3rd. He's a fast twitch fighter, he's explosive, fighters like this aren't known for having great cardio but most people can barely ever bring them to that point because they usually finish their opponent before they get tired, which Conor does since he has finished basically every single person he has ever fought pretty early on besides Nate. Nate is the only guy that could push him past his usual limit. Nick would definitely do the same thing only it would be worse for Conor than what Nate did. Overall, Nick's boxing is better than Nate's. Some people like to say Nate is better, but he isn't.

Nate has a very good jab and straight left, a very good 'check hook' with his right hand, but Nick has so much more. Nick has much better combinations, he mixes it up 100x better with hooks, uppercuts, attacking the body, etc, as well as kicks. Nick also conserves energy better than Nate does. The way Nate actually slowed down against Conor in the rematch is something we would never see Nick do. We'd never see Nick throw continuous hard shots like Nate did when he swarmed Conor in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. He would stay measured and mix in heavier shots with weaker shots like he always does. Nate is very good at doing this, but Nick has delivered some of the most insane beatings this way for many, many years. The only time we've really seen Nate do this is against Cerrone when he threw hundreds of punches. Nick has made a career out of doing this.

At 155, I'd still take Nick because he won't gas out. He'd take Conor's best shots, come back and beat him up. It'd be like a bunch of his Strikeforce fights or the Gomi fight, or the Katsuya Inoue fight (only Conor would have way more success than Inoue did, lol). Stylistically, as I said, he's just a bad fight for Conor. I pick Conor to beat basically everybody he fights and I'm always cheering for him (except for when he fought Nate, of course), but I definitely wouldn't pick him against Nick. It's not because the Diaz bros are my all-time favourite fighters, but because he's just a bad match for Conor no matter where it takes place (weight class). I can see Conor winning a 3 round fight (even though I said earlier Nick via TKO within 3, I think it'd be more like round 4 TKO realistically), he can win rounds 1 and 2, lose round 3 and win 29-28, but he'd be finished in a 5 rounder for sure IMO. Nick's pressure, the volume, his cardio and even better chin than Nate's would be too much for Conor.

Conor truly is a better striker but his cardio would let him down. Conor, in my opinion, is currently the best striker in the game right now overall. He's just so fucking deadly. If he had 5 round cardio, he'd be unstoppable. He'd be undefeated right now in MMA in my opinion. That's what lets him down, it's his cardio, not his skill. Some will disagree with me saying he's the best striker in the game right now, but they can believe what ever they want. The way he outclasses such competition on the feet so easily is insane. The last person we saw beating guys that easily is Anderson in his prime. He makes people look like fucking amateurs. His countering ability both while moving backwards and forward in the middle of exchanges is the best in the game.

/rant

I didn't read the whole thing...but a few points..he gassed in boxing, cause boxing isn't his sport...and against nate...ya, conor got tired..but he did recover and win...that's whats important...conor was able to come back in that 4th round cause nate was tired...it was an exhausting fight...conor eliminated many of the things he did in the 1st fight...like spinning kicks...and again, I think fighting at 155lbs, would be better for him...while he does weigh in around the same weight, it's not going to be equal to the weight he comes in at at 170lb fights...

If they fought at WW...I'd give the edge to nick...his cardio is too good and conor's at that weight, isn't as good as at lw...if the fight was at lw..i think conor's cardio could last till the end. with conor, it's all a matter of his cardio...you are not going to beat him when he's fresh...especially standing...you just aren't...

Nick hasn't been a lightweight since forever, the best Nick Diaz we've seen was through his SF run as a WW. Conor would get stopped, Nick has an even better chin than Nate....has a frame that packs on more muscle...and his conditioning/pace is more threatening. It'd be a 2-3 round fight before a TKO in my humble opinion

Conor would probably focus on his takedowns for this fight.

Would be a nice payday for Nick. He could buy a new Honda.

Nick plods forward while getting lit up and having face made to look like strawberry smoothie, all the while giving McGregor double "fuck-you" fingers. Nick loses by unanimous decision and his fans freak the fuck out.

Three days later Nick pisses hot and his fans boast about how "Nick don't give a fuck".

Gomi is probably a harder hitter than Conor, not necessarily a better hitter, but certainly harder. I find it hard to imagine Conor just lighting Nick up, he ends up dealing with the same physical disadvantages he faced against Diaz, against a fighter that likes to hit the body, which is an issue for Conor.

That being said, I'd like to imagine Conor would just pot shot with leg kicks

Oh my god, my eyes are never going to recover from the morons I see on Sherdog.

FotorCreated-51.jpg
How would Nick Diaz vs Conor McGregor go ? I feel like Nick would destroy Conor way worst than Nate Diaz did. Imagine Nick ripping his body punches on a gassing Conor on the cage. Nick is bigger better version of Nate. How you guys see this fight going at 170 ?
eiuw3l.jpg
tB9Uzwg.gif
7_medium.gif
4_medium.gif

Do you have any GIF's of Diaz looking good after 2012? Seriously those fights are ancient history. The sport had pass BJ Penn by the time they fought in 2012, though he nearly chocked out Diaz in the first round.

Nick should win being the much bigger guy but the fact he hasn't fought in such a long time would maybe give Conor a chance if they were to fight.

Nick: gets KO'd by a jab
Nate: never gotten KO'd

Which has better chin? LMAO
Lol you do realize nick has faced infinitely better competition, penn, silva, GSP, Lawler, condit, Paul Daley. Nick lad the better chin. Nate has not fought as dangerous opponents. Nate got knocked down 3 times by a featherweight lol

Lol you do realize nick has faced infinitely better competition, penn, silva, GSP, Lawler, condit, Paul Daley. Nick lad the better chin. Nate has not fought as dangerous opponents. Nate got knocked down 3 times by a featherweight lol
Nate has never fought at featherweight, LOL. NOOB!

Nick is basically a bigger better version of Nate

wasn't this around the time gomi was considered one of the top, if not the top lightweight in the world?

Gomi had been DOMINATED by BJ a couple of years before Nick fought Gomi.

Nick was a full head taller than Gomi, who was a fat little butterball at that weight. Nick was at least one weight class bigger if they both had similar cuts.

A bigger stronger version of Nate, yeah Nick wins.

Nick plods forward while getting lit up and having face made to look like strawberry smoothie, all the while giving McGregor double "fuck-you" fingers. Nick loses by unanimous decision and his fans freak the fuck out.

Three days later Nick pisses hot and his fans boast about how "Nick don't give a fuck".

You forgot to mention Nick retires in the post fight presser.

There's no way Nate is making 170 bud. He's 400 pounds

Literally what? The farther the fight goes the absolute worse it gets for mcgregor. Nick can literally go all day. If Conor made it to round 5 he'd get massacred in it

That's exactly what I'm saying..

Back