Nick Diaz Stocks Up On Weed

sheeeeit if marijuana use on it's own caused schizophrenia there would literally be schizophrenics everywhere you went

You tapping my phone bro?
smiley-face-with-cigar.gif

I posted the latest research from 2016 that is from 2013. I am not preaching just a warning from some credible researchers. look into these people, they are the real deal

weed was still weed in 2013, harvard is much more credible source

A drug addict will always try to preach the benefits of the drug he or she is doing lol, and weed smokers are the worst, go smoke your life away and stop preaching its benefits, its still a high and a psychedelic one at that. If you smoke weed on occasion at a party or a gatherings, thats ok, but pot heads who smoke from morning to night are bums.

enjoy the nursing home Nick. combined with the brain trauma you have this to look forward to as well.............

Marijuana use and schizophrenia: New evidence suggests link

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/314896.php
Not that this new study is concluse evidence, but anyone who has spent any time with real heavy smokers know that it either attracts people with psychological issues or can foster them.

I smoked very heavily (daily) from 14-23, and not that weak marijuana you guys smoke but the oiled hashish we smoke here. Potency has a lot to do with it as well, as THC is a psychoactive in high enough dosis. It was well known our circle that people who slammed as much as we did would sometimes experience small psychotic episodes. Not to mention how terribly withdrawn most of us got. I stopped smoking because at the end, it induced major panic attacks and fucked me up pretty good. To be fair, I abused it, but the point still stands.

It happens a lot, and the evidence of especially anxiety (social, panick attack) and in more rare cases schizophrenia linked with smoking weed/hash is pretty good at this point. Not necessarly as an unrelated cause, but as a possible trigger in people who are predisposed.

Interesting study and it looks like a good one, but a few things to note. Sample size, while good for this kind of study, is not big enough. That's why metanalysis' or high quality reviews are more reliabe. Secondly, what was their definition of heavy smoking and which biasis were present and so forth? Lastly, it's a few years old, not that that necessarily means anything, but with conflicting data emerging it's worth considering.

Anyway, if we actually go into what the study, according to the article, concludes:

"While cannabis may have an effect on the age of onset of schizophrenia it is unlikely to be the cause of illness"

So, according to their study it may effect the age of onset and it's unlikely that it can be the cause. Again, nothing conclusive. Furthermore:

“In general, we found a tendency for depression and bipolar disorder to be increased in the relatives of cannabis users in both the patient and control samples. This might suggest that cannabis users are more prone to affective disorders than their non-using samples or vice versa.

So, they admit to finding a correlation between depression and bi-polar with cannabis users.

“Drug abuse is present more frequently in family members of all 3 samples compared to those of non-cannabis abusing controls. This is in line with past research confirming a genetic predisposition for drug use.”

And here they state that drug abuse was also more prevalent in relatives and family members of cannabis users.

Obviously it's hard to distinguish between causality and correlation, it's like the chicken and egg thing a little bit at the moment, but it's not exactly the endorsement you made it out to be.

Profound lol. Weed just makes you feel good, you make too much out of something so simple... You also seem to have tons of hostility for no real reason

According to hardcore potheads like Joe Rogan, who can't do anything or function without being high, marijuana is not addictive.

I have smoked weed everyday since I was like 17

I haven't smoked in like 2 months due to me wanting to chill on it and I feel fine

Being a former heroin addict myself, it absolutely does suck being addicted to drugs. Been two months clean though.

Might as well spike it up tonight. You'll never make it.

Weed makes you more sensitive, and then makes you sleep real good, that's all.

A drug addict will always try to preach the benefits of the drug he or she is doing lol, and weed smokers are the worst, go smoke your life away and stop preaching its benefits, its still a high and a psychedelic one at that. If you smoke weed on occasion at a party or a gatherings, thats ok, but pot heads who smoke from morning to night are bums.

Are you retarded? Pot is not a psychedelic, no matter how much you smoke.

Have you even seen a pot smoker passed out in a pool of vomit? You see that with alcohol heads, I had a coworker lose their daughter when she choked on her own vomit from drinking. Even after that her son would get black out drunk and she would have to stay up with him and make sure he didn't pass out on his back.

Last edited:
According to hardcore potheads like Joe Rogan, who can't do anything or function without being high, marijuana is not addictive.

It's like saying fun is addictive. And that if you need fun in life you just can't cope. It's silly douche way of thinking.

It's a healthier alternative for people with some serious conditions to help cope. You know people can smoke or vape or ingest low THc and High CBD pot that won't get you head high just body high to help eliminate pain temporarily. People with ADHD can use low THc pot to help them focus and it is proven the serious dangers in lifelong Ritalin and Adderal use.

Back