Nick Diaz beats Robbie Lawler

Nick Diaz needs to actually, you know, fight some competition to get near a titleshot, he only wants big money fights so yeah that ain`t happening.

You bring up both benson and rda yet fail to note the constant td threat they posed, something which lawler isnt renowned for.

Lawler does not pose the constant td threat, which brings us back to styles make fights, even though lawlers evolved it was still the diaz style that knocked him tfo

Lawler wouldnt need the TD threat. He's a huge, powerful, slick, aggressive boxer. Even without the TD threat, he's still in possession of a waaay more potent boxing game than Benson or Thomson or RDA.

Bringing up the Nick-Lawler fight is as relevant as citing Silva-Chonan. Robbie has evolved so, so much since then. More feeble-minded rubbish.

Plus the OBVIOUS point that Nick is physically equipped to fight vs top welters. Nate ain't.

For the last time (already said to like three times for you) I posted originally to show how someone simply posting a decade old gif with zero analysis attached, doesn't do anyone any favors. Sure I can discuss the fight itself, as you seem totally intent on, but that was never my motive behind posting. Already. Said. This.

My gif game sucks? Your understanding that I'm pointing out the flaws of posted a gif with zero analysis attached sucks. Please. Stop. That's wonderful that you feel Fighter A could be Fighter B. I don't care. I never meant to really discuss that. Like most things, anything with any nuance is butt fucked into oblivion on Sherdog. I'm sorry, but I can't spend any more time explaining this for you. Sadly, this means you will once a gain reply about how you're super sure Fighter A takes it in a rematch that isn't happening, and I will not see it, as I am adding you to the ignore list for being so dense as the Sun.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Happy now? Bye.

Slapping people and calling them names is a high fight IQ on Sherdog now?

It worked against Lawler and Cerrone, so yes, it was effective.

Lots of athletes are super competitive to a fault, and when one can turn that against them, it's a smart move. You know that Ali once drove up on an upcoming opponent's lawn in the middle of the night just to trash talk him? Hell, love him or hate him, Conor got Aldo so worked up with his little routine that Aldo ran out and made this biggest mistake of his career...

Plus they're both super patient. They never rush which can often cause errors and leave openings. They're very experienced and tough, and really don't care if they bleed. They're not prone to panicking because of this and fight at pretty much the same mental level from start to finish.

And it does take smarts to be a good technician on the feet when most guys you're fighting are more ripped. Not much really catches these guys off guard. I'd say that's high fight IQ.

Just because you wouldn't want them as your accountant or PC tech, doesn't mean they aren't smart at their jobs.

Last edited:
For the last time (already said to like three times for you) I posted originally to show how someone simply posting a decade old gif with zero analysis attached, doesn't do anyone any favors. Sure I can discuss the fight itself, as you seem totally intent on, but that was never my motive behind posting. Already. Said. This.

My gif game sucks? Your understanding that I'm pointing out the flaws of posted a gif with zero analysis attached sucks. Please. Stop. That's wonderful that you feel Fighter A could be Fighter B. I don't care. I never meant to really discuss that. Like most things, anything with any nuance is butt fucked into oblivion on Sherdog. I'm sorry, but I can't spend any more time explaining this for you. Sadly, this means you will once a gain reply about how you're super sure Fighter A takes it in a rematch that isn't happening, and I will not see it, as I am adding you to the ignore list for being so dense as the Sun.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Happy now? Bye.

youre trying waaay too hard now. lol so edgy with quoting my post as 'words'. there are several pages worth of analysis. the gif is fully justified. nick diaz is a good fighter. robbie lawler is a good fighter and when fighting others better. stylistically though the cards are lined up against robbie. most likely it will be a repeat of the last fight in terms of diaz getting in his head and beating him. 2 brawlers and diaz is notorious for breaking those kinds of guys. when you got idiots saying robbie has better stamina, they need to be brought back down to earth that diaz made robbie a wobbly mess last time and has the ability to do it again.

Last edited:
It's clear you have nothing constructive to offer, absolutely nothing to back up this baseless, silly opinion, and are just trolling and getting personal pointlessly. You're not very good at this. Good day.
So, again, you have nothing to add and you didn't answer any of my questions. You just yell 'troll' like some chick yelling for help in hopes someone will come to your rescue. Your stupid ass opinion vs my stupid ass opinion which makes no difference to anyone except us. Yet you come on here shitting out the mouth like you got some sort insight or truth about MMA--you don't--and as far as we are all concerned you don't know shit about anything except your stupid ass opinion. Chew on that kiddo.

Lawler the brawler is perfect match up for Nick Diaz. How does he lose ?

Diaz hasn't earned the shot, but that doesn't seem to matter anymore. it's the fight to make if Lawler gets through Wonderboy.

Lawler will be walking into Diaz's shots until the KO.
Not sure I agree but would love to see these two fight

So, again, you have nothing to add and you didn't answer any of my questions. You just yell 'troll' like some chick yelling for help in hopes someone will come to your rescue. Your stupid ass opinion vs my stupid ass opinion which makes no difference to anyone except us. Yet you come on here shitting out the mouth like you got some sort insight or truth about MMA--you don't--and as far as we are all concerned you don't know shit about anything except your stupid ass opinion. Chew on that kiddo.

Are you even serious dude?

I'm consistently explaining and supporting my argument here, and you're saying absolutely nothing except "hey we all got opinions bro".

Not good enough.

Are you even serious dude?

I'm consistently explaining and supporting my argument here, and you're saying absolutely nothing except "hey we all got opinions bro".

Not good enough.
Who care's if it's 'good enough' for you lol. I think Nate can pull off a win against Robbie, actually I think he subs Robbie in like the 4th or 5th round. No need for explanation, no need for analysis, just my prediction if this fight were to happen. Now, you go.

Thats not even remotely close to what I said...

I said do you think the current GSP, who got torn up by Hendricks and has sat on the shelf for 3 years could beat Lawler? because I don't think he can. That is not the same GSP who beat Nick...and I didn't say ANY version of Lawler, I said the current Lawler... ok?

Also Nick Diaz last win was FIVE YEARS AGO.. FIVE! against BJ PENN!? and your arguing that he "lost a controversial decision" to Condit, when he LOST and that was 2012?!

So that is COMPLETELY irrelevant. The fact that you would actually bash me for any of what I've said is amazing considering that you have no facts to support your own opinion.

All you have done is misquote me and then claim Nick is still at the top of his game because he's fought Anderson and GSP when neither of those fights were remotely close, and he hasn't WON A FIGHT IN 5 YEARS?

So yeah, I think right now Robbie Lawler would smash him. And I think Condit probably beat him{Lawler}, Johnny Come Lately.

He's relevant because any fight he is in at WW would have title implications. Period. You know it's true. A lower ranked fighter beating him would instantly create a new contender. Any contender that beat him would get a title shot. If Nick beat any contender, he would be in consideration for a title shot. That is exactly what relevant means. His fights affect the title picture, regardless of who his opponent is.

Your opinion of Nick is you opinion. Whether you like it or not, he is relevant. That may not be fair in your eyes, but it is reality. Suck it up and move on.

And how do you figure this? He's not even ranked.

Because any fight he has in the UFC's WW division will have title implications. Any top tier fighter beating Diaz will get a title shot. You know this is true.

Any non contender who beats Diaz will instantly become a contender, and that affects the title picture. ANY fight he has at WW will affect who's being looked at for a title shot, whether he wins or loses. Therefore, he's relevant.

Is this really so hard to comprehend? Whether you don't think he "deserves" or you think he sucks is irrelevant. In real life, his next fight will play a significant part in shaping future title fights. That makes him relevant.

You are a Diaz fan. I can tell because you don't understand words you use. You don't seem to understand what circular reasoning is. You also can't seem to comprehend my comment re: "of note". Do you drink the bongwater after smoking?

You want me to make an imaginary bet on a fight that doesn't exist? How red are your eyes?

I fully understand the psychology of the Diaz Fan. You need them to be successful to validate your choices. When a Diaz wins you can point to that and tell your Dad/Teachers/etc, "See, they smoke every day and are successes. I can be too!"

And you still won't take the account bet. Why is that? Because you know you're full of shit. Come back at me when you're ready to man up, pussy.

And you still won't take the account bet. Why is that? Because you know you're full of shit. Come back at me when you're ready to man up, pussy.

One again, a crazed, dope smoking Diaz Ball Licker wants me to make an imaginary bet on a fight that is not scheduled.

Hilarious.

Because any fight he has in the UFC's WW division will have title implications. Any top tier fighter beating Diaz will get a title shot. You know this is true.

Any non contender who beats Diaz will instantly become a contender, and that affects the title picture. ANY fight he has at WW will affect who's being looked at for a title shot, whether he wins or loses. Therefore, he's relevant.

Is this really so hard to comprehend? Whether you don't think he "deserves" or you think he sucks is irrelevant. In real life, his next fight will play a significant part in shaping future title fights. That makes him relevant.

Any fighter beating Nick Diaz will get a title shot? hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahshahahahaha

You hear that KJ??? Your title shot is coming!

One again, a crazed, dope smoking Diaz Ball Licker wants me to make an imaginary bet on a fight that is not scheduled.

Hilarious.

LOL He actually thinks Diaz is gonna get an instant title shot after 3 losses in a row and coming off a drug suspension... so that shows you his general (low) intelligence.

Lawler the brawler is perfect match up for Nick Diaz. How does he lose ?

Diaz hasn't earned the shot, but that doesn't seem to matter anymore. it's the fight to make if Lawler gets through Wonderboy.

Lawler will be walking into Diaz's shots until the KO.
Happened once before almost exactly like that. Diaz got lawler to chase right into a right hook

Hilarious.

You have no faith in your stance. This is an easy win for you if you believe what you say. I'll talk to you when it happens, maybe by then your balls will have dropped.

Back