Nick Diaz beats Robbie Lawler

Robbie played into the trap laid by the smarter man. If you think he hasn't grown, despite being the champion, then I dunno what to say.

He might pull off a condit and just go on his bicycle for 5 rounds. It would be the smart thing to do but this is robbie lawler. I dont see that happening.

The whole conversation is perplexing. Robbie has won 5 in a row inside of two years, is the champ, and is peaking mentally and physically. Nick hasn't won in five years.

There is a thing called stylistic matchup and stylistically based on how robbie and diaz fight, diaz is the rightful favorite. Robbie is a scrappy puncher. Nick Diaz usually eats those guys alive. including robbie.

Conclusion - Robbie is the same fighter, will fall for the same traps, and lose to a guy that won't and can't even challenge him, because he hasn't won a fight in half a decade? The fuck?

Could Nick beat him if he was gifted a title shot for no discernible reason? Maybe. But pretending it's the exact same fight.... [sigh]

Did you just contradict yourself? obviously if Nick CAN beat him then he CAN make him fall for the same traps lmao. What we are talking about is who we think WILL win. the CAN stuff other than mentioning it once is just setting up a cop-out in case you're wrong. I already know Robbie CAN beat Diaz just as Diaz CAN beat Anderson Silva and GSP. Will he? No I don't think he will and my thinking as I have argued is justified.

giphy.gif

It hurts. Stop making it hurt.

you need to work on your gif game. shit is weak lol.

Nicks will to win??? Are you joking? He barely showed up for the Anderson fight. He pretty much got frustrated and gave up in the third round against GSP. If there's one thing that's in question with Nick it's his motivation. his will seems to be get the big fight and payday. Then he's content to lose decisively and mug saying the other guy never hurt him.
Well he does not panic wrestle and quit - he at least keeps trying even when out gunned.

No, I haven't let a win over a nobody like Conor sway my opinions of the Diaz Bros. I think he can win, you think he can't. Imagine two different opinions about a fight that hasn't happened or might never happen?!
LpLd2NGvpaiys.gif

Yes that's all very nice, but my opinion can be explained and supported by reason. You clearly have nothing of any value to back yours up. That's the difference.

In the fights Nate has had at 170, it has been clearly proven that he is not a top welterweight. He has been well, well beaten and made to look physically ill-equipped to compete at the weight class.

Therefore, to suggest he could beat the number 1 welterweight on the planet is illogical to the point of downright silly.

Lawler is beating better fighters at 170 than the guys who have dominated the hell out of Nate at 155 (IMO, Hendricks & Rory are better fighters than Josh Thomson & Benson). Think about that point. And we dont even need to discuss the obvious points that Lawler would crush Thomson & Bendo, and so would Hendricks & Rory crush them, while Hendricks & Rory would crush Nate... well, Rory already has so...

Yes you can have any opinion you like, but it doesnt mean they're automatically informed or even valid just because you have them.

Sorry when i saw Michael Bisbing would beat lawler...... hahaha. Nooo! That is the worst matchup for bisping. Lawler would ko bisping like hendo. That is one top 5 mw he can beat

He loses because Lawler is superior or as good in
the following areas:

* power
* speed
* stamina
* experience
* ability
* takedown defense
* everything except for BJJ and reach, LOL. But good luck getting this to the ground where it needs to be for nate to even have a chance.

i LOVE the diaz brothers, really do, but there is no way in fucking hell Nate could beat robbie fucking lawler. Not even a fluke KO victory.
He's just not strong or really good enough to beat Lawler right now.
Robbies lucky to be holding the title, only scraped past condit and hendricks.some would say rory was winning till the tko.

Yes that's all very nice, but my opinion can be explained and supported by reason. You clearly have nothing of any value to back yours up. That's the difference.

In the fights Nate has had at 170, it has been clearly proven that he is not a top welterweight. He has been well, well beaten and made to look physically ill-equipped to compete at the weight class.

Therefore, to suggest he could beat the number 1 welterweight on the planet is illogical to the point of downright silly.

Lawler is beating better fighters at 170 than the guys who have dominated the hell out of Nate at 155 (IMO, Hendricks & Rory are better fighters than Josh Thomson & Benson). Think about that point. And we dont even need to discuss the obvious points that Lawler would crush Thomson & Bendo, and so would Hendricks & Rory crush them, while Hendricks & Rory would crush Nate... well, Rory already has so...

Yes you can have any opinion you like, but it doesnt mean they're automatically informed or even valid just because you have them.
Styles make fights, the diaz style could be really effective against lawler.

Lawler hasnt exactly been dominating in his last three fights.can be argued condit and hendricks won those fight.

Well he does not panic wrestle and quit - he at least keeps trying even when out gunned.
That's true. His ground game is high level. But he does get frustrated when he's losing to point fighting and movement (condit) and top control (GSP), and then he starts mugging and taunting, but his offense slows and his output goes way down. It's like if it isn't s fight in his opinion he coasts through to lose a decision.
Honestly i feel sort of bad for him. He's the lesser Diaz now. He doesn't have any of the charm of Nate or humor. He's honestly just kind of a dick. Nate seems like kind of a sweet guy, and much funnier than Nick. I was laughing out loud during Diaz versus Johnson, Nick doesn't have that. Not to mention he didn't deliver in his big fights in UFC. Ah well.

Styles make fights, the diaz style could be really effective against lawler.

Lawler hasnt exactly been dominating in his last three fights.can be argued condit and hendricks won those fight.

The Diaz style is boxing. That's Lawler's entire game.

And 'styles make fights' applies a lot less when there's a big size/weight/strength disparity, which there is here.

And Hendricks and Condit are elite. Nate Diaz is not an elite ww, as proven by his one-sided defeats at the weight class.

This argument is stupid. Did none of you see what happened when a very good lw striker (Benson) fought a very good ww striker (Koreshkov)? That 15lbs really makes a difference. Plus Benson whipped Nate and Koreshkov isnt on Lawler's level.

Argument is terrible.

LMFAO disregard - thought and assumed this said Nate Diaz.

Sure...Nick could win the standup.

2007 NOOB!!!!!!!!!!

hahaha!!

Nick isn't beating Robbie. he doesn't win the big fights, remember? He's got a mental block or some shit.

Nick's flukey win of 15 years ago won't happen again.

Nick is a good volume puncher, but in a 5 round fight against a power puncher like Robbie, it's just not going to hold up.

Not to mention Nick has the takedown ability of CroCop, the guy was something like 1/15 against KJ Noons.

The MMA world needs to finally realize Nick was always overrated and Nate was always the superior Diaz brother, but he never got that title because he wasn't a loud mouth putz.

Lawler wins the rematch. I'd like for them to fight again so Lawler can keep proving doubters wrong. He's been underestimated most of the time ever since his return to the UFC.

Blah, blah, blah, it's still your opinion vs mine however long you write it out. I think Nate could possibly pull off a win against Robbie and you don't. What's the big deal? Does that hurt your feelings or something that I think Nate could win? I give you all your points about Nate at 170 like 5 years ago or some shit but for you to sit there on your cute soapbox and spew opinion as fact is, in your own words, "illogical to the point of downright silly". Actually that wouldn't be a bad band name lol.

If the UFC wants money they should make Diaz vs Lawler 2.

The Diaz style is boxing. That's Lawler's entire game.

And 'styles make fights' applies a lot less when there's a big size/weight/strength disparity, which there is here.

And Hendricks and Condit are elite. Nate Diaz is not an elite ww, as proven by his one-sided defeats at the weight class.

This argument is stupid. Did none of you see what happened when a very good lw striker (Benson) fought a very good ww striker (Koreshkov)? That 15lbs really makes a difference. Plus Benson whipped Nate and Koreshkov isnt on Lawler's level.

Argument is terrible.
Again styles make fights, both diaz's have struggled with the leg kick and wrestlers, both of which robbie isnt renowned for.if this turns into a boxing match which lawler doesnt mind, both diaz's can give robbie a run for his money.

Blah, blah, blah, it's still your opinion vs mine however long you write it out. I think Nate could possibly pull off a win against Robbie and you don't. What's the big deal? Does that hurt your feelings or something that I think Nate could win? I give you all your points about Nate at 170 like 5 years ago or some shit but for you to sit there on your cute soapbox and spew opinion as fact is, in your own words, "illogical to the point of downright silly". Actually that wouldn't be a bad band name lol.

It's clear you have nothing constructive to offer, absolutely nothing to back up this baseless, silly opinion, and are just trolling and getting personal pointlessly. You're not very good at this. Good day.

Again styles make fights, both diaz's have struggled with the leg kick and wrestlers, both of which robbie isnt renowned for.if this turns into a boxing match which lawler doesnt mind, both diaz's can give robbie a run for his money.

Styles make fights when guys are a similar size. Lawler would laughably outgun Nate in a punch-out. Lawler has gone toe-to-toe with the biggest and best offensive fighters the welterweight division has to offer, such as Hendricks, Condit and Rory, while Nate has been absolutely chewed up on the feet by considerably smaller and less dangerous strikers like Josh Thomson, Benson and RDA. Lawler would walk him down, walk through him, and leave him in a worse state faster than Thomson did.

Just saying "yeah but styles make fights" is not valid fight analysis. Anderson had some trouble with wrestlers like Sonnen and later Weidman, but it doesnt mean that Jon Fitch (excellent ww wrestler) could've jumped 15lbs and controlled Silva. The size difference is critical. Jon Jones had trouble with the boxing of Alex Gustafsson, but again, it doesnt mean that Gegard Mousasi (excellent mw boxer) could hop up 20lbs and replicate that performance. "Styles make fights" is a nice pithy (reductive) argument, but it counts for nothing when you use it to blindly ignore major factors in how two fighters would match up.

Physicality is so important in this sport. To write that off completely by just saying "styles make fights" is imbecilic.

Last edited:
Styles make fights when guys are a similar size. Lawler would laughably outgun Nate in a punch-out. Lawler has gone toe-to-toe with the biggest and best offensive fighters the welterweight division has to offer, such as Hendricks, Condit and Rory, while Nate has been absolutely chewed up on the feet by considerably smaller and less dangerous strikers like Josh Thomson, Benson and RDA. Lawler would walk him down, walk through him, and leave him in a worse state faster than Thomson did.

Just saying "yeah but styles make fights" is not valid fight analysis. Anderson had some trouble with wrestlers like Sonnen and later Weidman, but it doesnt mean that Jon Fitch (excellent ww wrestler) could've jumped 15lbs and controlled Silva. The size difference is critical. Jon Jones had trouble with the boxing of Alex Gustafsson, but again, it doesnt mean that Gegard Mousasi (excellent mw boxer) could hop up 20lbs and replicate that performance. "Styles make fights" is a nice pithy (reductive) argument, but it counts for nothing when you use it to blindly ignore major factors in how two fighters would match up.

Physicality is so important in this sport. To write that off completely by just saying "styles make fights" is imbecilic.
You bring up both benson and rda yet fail to note the constant td threat they posed, something which lawler isnt renowned for.

Lawler does not pose the constant td threat, which brings us back to styles make fights, even though lawlers evolved it was still the diaz style that knocked him tfo.lets not act like lawlers this goliath, his record is just as bad as nates.

Barely scraped past hendricks and condit, and was losing to rory before the tko.nates fought at 170 before this aint a gigantic leap of faith to think that nate could win this fight.

Last edited:
Would not watch unless free.......Mayweather is the overpaid x 10000 billion and if this is even remotely true McWhiny is clearly just looking for $$$ nothing more nothing less.

Floyd would destroy him.

Back