Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom

I REALLY hoping that they do a PS4 NNK prior to NNK2 dropping and capitalize on the buzz. I loved it on PS3 and would totally double dip and play again on the PS4.

Wonder if this is a direct sequel? Could sign up for Psnow for a month or two to play through the original if so.

I had no idea this was made by Level 5, the same people who made the Dark Cloud games. That pretty much means an instant buy depending on the answers to my next questions:

1. I never played the first one. Is this a direct sequel or its own standalone story?

2. What exactly is the combat like. Do you just control one character or can you switch between party members?

Looks amazing though, really want it now.
Dark Cloud 2 is one of the GOAT PS2 games.

1. It's not a direct sequel and the main characters are different but the world is the same. Some of the cities and kingdoms are the same. There may be characters from the old Ni No Kuni in it but nothing has been said about it.

2. The combat is like a mix between Pokemon and Final Fantasy. There are monsters on the world map and local maps and if you run into them you get into a battle. Once in the battle you can control any of the main characters as well as monsters that you catch.

New trailers from E3.

Combat looks a little more action oriented which isn't a bad thing. I just hope they have more options for the AI this time around. That was my only complaint about the original was if you set your a party member to attack with magic they would blow all their MP in a few battles and be empty by the time you got to a boss.

It looks like there is some RTS elements in there as well which I like. I loved the mini game in FFVII to defend the Phoenix Egg from waves of enemies.

Looks like Boss battle fight. Combat looks great.

Last edited:
God damn this game looks so good. The world and the art style is just so vibrant and beautiful. Combat looks fun as hell, voice acting seems pretty damn good too. Can't wait!

Game's been delayed until Jan 19, 2018. Disappointing but good for my backlog.

big fan of the original. looking forward to this

there's not much that needs fixing for the sequel. it has already been mentioned that the ally AI was horrendous - probably the biggest flaw. the handholding was also extreme. there was so much explanation behind every concept and game mechanic that it still felt like a tutorial at times even past a dozen hours in

i would have strongly preferred they kept the familiar system and improved on it. catching and training familiars was the most engrossing part of the game, not sure how they plan to replace it

Game went gold a few days ago, so should be good to go for launch on 3/23.

So hyped for this game. First one is easily in my top 5 RPG's, possibly even top 3 with FF VII and Persona 4.

Will have a ton of grinding left on Monster Hunter, but this will offer a much needed break.

Do i need go have played the first game to understand the 2nd?

Developers said you won't need to play the first one to going going in NNK2. I think it takes place on the same universe, but like 100 years in the future. I'm sure they'll make references, but nothing vital to understand the story.

I loved the first game. I will be picking this up for sure.

Reviews are starting to tally up and it's sitting at 85 on Metacritic. Coming out just in time since I need a break from Monster Hunter.

I loved the first one, kinda disappointed this doesn't have the same kind of pokemon collect them all gameplay, but I'll buy it for sure soon. It will be $40 in America within two months. That's when Ill get it.

Can reviews really be trusted though.

They don't mean much to me, especially for RPG's. As long as one of the components is done well for an RPG I can look over it's other flaws. I can forgive a bad story if the combat is well done, or if the story is really engaging I can get over poor battle mechanics.

I loved the story for Ni No Kuni so I'm not worried about that arena. The combat looks to be a little more action oriented which I don't see as good or bad, so I'll just have to get my hands on it to decide on my own. Honestly, this game could have reviewed really poorly and I would still buy it for how much I loved the first one. I just want the developer to be successful so we have more titles down the line.

Can't wait to pick this up, although I don't think I'll start it until the second week of April. Going to go visit some family in Poland the last week of March-April 7th and I don't want to start a story driven game like this and then just put it down for over a week. Although this game looks good enough to warrant skipping to the front of my PS4 backlog. Currently have Yakuza 0, both South Park games, Devil May Cry HD collection, Akiba's Beat, and Attack on Titan 2 all sitting there. Damn Switch has consumed most of my gaming time since it came out, been struggling to get through all these games.

Can't wait to pick this up, although I don't think I'll start it until the second week of April. Going to go visit some family in Poland the last week of March-April 7th and I don't want to start a story driven game like this and then just put it down for over a week. Although this game looks good enough to warrant skipping to the front of my PS4 backlog. Currently have Yakuza 0, both South Park games, Devil May Cry HD collection, Akiba's Beat, and Attack on Titan 2 all sitting there. Damn Switch has consumed most of my gaming time since it came out, been struggling to get through all these games.

Nice man, enjoy the trip. I'm probably not going to get started right away either since I usually get games shipped on launch day and don't receive them for a few days after. But I will be out of town for a week teaching a class the second week of April. So I'll have no kids or any real obligations for a week, so I'm really looking forward to binging a majority of this game in a really short amount of time.

Nice man, enjoy the trip. I'm probably not going to get started right away either since I usually get games shipped on launch day and don't receive them for a few days after. But I will be out of town for a week teaching a class the second week of April. So I'll have no kids or any real obligations for a week, so I'm really looking forward to binging a majority of this game in a really short amount of time.

Nice! I read that the story is about 80 hours long. Also heard that the platinum is pretty easy to get, just takes a little bit of grinding to get 2-3 end game trophies.

Dark Cloud 2 is one of the GOAT PS2 games.

1. It's not a direct sequel and the main characters are different but the world is the same. Some of the cities and kingdoms are the same. There may be characters from the old Ni No Kuni in it but nothing has been said about it.

2. The combat is like a mix between Pokemon and Final Fantasy. There are monsters on the world map and local maps and if you run into them you get into a battle. Once in the battle you can control any of the main characters as well as monsters that you catch.

Never got to play the first one, but it sounds like it was a fun one. I just started FFXV and I'm loving it...disappointed that the Royal Edition just came out, if I knew it was coming out then wouldn't have bought FFXV in the bargain bin.

Might get this game. Want to see a few sherdog reviews first once it comes out. Wish it was on the switch tho. I need moregsmes for that console

i have a few backlogged games on my PS4, and with the new God of War coming out next month, have to start playing a lot. Although it will be tough to finish FFXV...unless I just skip all the side stuff and just do the story.

I'll be picking this up pretty soon. Finishing up .Hack GU then on to this.

Back