Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom

Dinkin_Flicka

So easy it's hard
@Black
Reaction score
New NNK2 trailer at PSX with gameplay footage. I fucking loved the first one, it hit all the nostalgia feels but stood alone as an amazing RPG. My one minor complaint was the AI in combat was a little loose, your team would burn through magic fighting trash mobs like they were it was a boss encounter so I would turn them to attack only.

New E3 2017 trailer

PSX 2016

original trailer from PSX 2015

Last edited:
Good stuff, i loved the first game, even if it was a little too cutesy at times.

One of the very few games I'm willing to pre-order.

THANK GOD!

In other news, the translation for the DS version of the original should be out sometime this year: http://gbatemp.net/threads/ni-no-kuni-translation-eng.373770/ For those that don't know, the DS version is turn-based.

ninokuni-ds-screen2.jpg

Last edited:
Dear God that overworld screenshot looks amazing, I've really missed that in the last Tales game. All of the other screens look great too, glad to see it's set for 2017!

I had no idea this was made by Level 5, the same people who made the Dark Cloud games. That pretty much means an instant buy depending on the answers to my next questions:

1. I never played the first one. Is this a direct sequel or its own standalone story?

2. What exactly is the combat like. Do you just control one character or can you switch between party members?

Looks amazing though, really want it now.

I had no idea this was made by Level 5, the same people who made the Dark Cloud games. That pretty much means an instant buy depending on the answers to my next questions:

1. I never played the first one. Is this a direct sequel or its own standalone story?

2. What exactly is the combat like. Do you just control one character or can you switch between party members?

Looks amazing though, really want it now.

I don't these are exactly known for the sequal, but it doesn't look to be tied to the original. Battle was real time and you controlled one character at a time, while the other 2 were set up on Auto and you had some options to set their AI to Aggressive/Defensive/Combo. You could also switch characters on the fly during combat, so you weren't locked of anyones abilities if the AI wasn't doing what you wanted.

I don't these are exactly known for the sequal, but it doesn't look to be tied to the original. Battle was real time and you controlled one character at a time, while the other 2 were set up on Auto and you had some options to set their AI to Aggressive/Defensive/Combo. You could also switch characters on the fly during combat, so you weren't locked of anyones abilities if the AI wasn't doing what you wanted.

Sounds awesome. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out on when this releases, also for a possible Ni no Kuni 1 port on the PS4. I still have my PS3 but I don't really want to buy any more games for it. I might have to though, just looked at footage from the first one and it looked great.

Sounds awesome. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out on when this releases, also for a possible Ni no Kuni 1 port on the PS4. I still have my PS3 but I don't really want to buy any more games for it. I might have to though, just looked at footage from the first one and it looked great.

It was really something special. Great story, great gameplay, great exploration, and had a collection type system like catching Pokémon where you could catch enemies and train them to fight in your group. They may do a remaster when NNK2 gets close to launch, but I'm sure you could find it pretty cheap.

It was a really great throw back to the golden age of RPG's without feeling dated. My only complaint was the AI was a little to simple. Like one of the auto options for the AI was Defensive with Healing, but when this was set my group healer would toss out healing magic when I was at like 80% and blast through all of their magic way before any boss encounters. So I would end up putting my group on attack only and I would manage any magic weather it be attack/heal. But like I said earlier, the switching on the fly to different characters was really smooth so it wasn't a big deal. I just hope they clean this up for the 2nd one.

Yeah battle system needed a bit more polish but it was definitely one of the best Jrpgs last gen.(Not that it had much competition though lol)

This is a buy for sure. Will be the first game I've bought on ps4 in awhile.

hmm if the PC version supports ultrawide monitor resolutions I will get it on PC. Otherwise I may get it on PS4.

Crazy. I bought ni no kuni yesterday and started replaying it tonight.

Such a good game.

SO happy this will be on PC! With P5 releasing on PS3 I think I can safely skip the Xbone/PS4 generation of consoles.

dope. looks amazing. nobody hits the feels like Studio Ghibli, nobody.

First game ruled playstyle wise, just wasn't a big fan of the story/characters/voice acting. Still the closest we've come to having a pokemon rpg on consoles.

First game ruled playstyle wise, just wasn't a big fan of the story/characters/voice acting. Still the closest we've come to having a pokemon rpg on consoles.

Until they confirm the rumor of the Pokemon "Star" game for the Switch. Lots of things point at it being a reality.

Work pwnt so I can't post the article, but read this morning that NNK2 will have multiplayer(meh) and world building.

The world building I'm really looking forward too. Can't wait to hear more about this and how far they integrate this. The original already had a pokemon'esq collection system that I dumped a ton of time into, add this on top and I can see me dumping 100+ hours into this game.

Multiplayer seems pretty unnecessary for a game like this. During a battle it seems pretty neat for someone to control a regularly AI character, but outside of battle they will just be sitting on their thumbs waiting for something to do. I remember doing this with FFIII back on the SNES and it seemed really cool at first, but got boring real quick.

I didn't have a ps3 and missed out on the original. Am very excited for this. Will buy day 1. Ill even buy the original if they release it on the ps4. Love the art style. I love jrpg's. Done right and they can stay with you long after playing. FF9 and Tales of Vesparia constantly pop up in my mind.

Last edited:
Back