NHL Post-Season Discussion V.2: Get Your Licks In

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a bad feeling they're going to take it too but I really hope it's not the case

Tampa/Vegas will be a more entertaining series, and probably lead to more entertaining hockey in the years to come

I appreciate a good defensive masterclass as much as the next guy but I'd rather watch the speed and skill games those teams play

That said I won't be upset if Washington wins. Been a long time coming for them to reach the big stage and they've certainly earned it

The cool thing is that Tampa might have won a Cup semi-recently, but guys like Stamkos and Hedman haven't, though they are still young. I would never bet on tonight's game, but I feel Washington got the boost they needed last game to keep themselves motivated. Like most of these playoffs, the better goalie will probably win. I have no personal affection for Ovie, but it would be a load off my mind if he'd just win one already. Fuck, there were so many great Caps squads in recent years that went nowhere.

Hopefully Tampa wins tonight

This is a copycat league and I'm not sure I'll be able to stand it if the trap Washington has been playing makes a comeback
This is my outlook too.

I also wouldn't be surprised that if Washington makes it and Fluery starts playing worse. - note: I'm still sort of salty that he scored on himself in the gold medal game of the World Juniors.

Last edited:
as has been said, I believe a TB/Vegas final would be better.
Caps were lucky to get this far, Holtby cracks tonight.

I guess I've never understood how a drop pass to no one is somehow better than a simple chip and chase when you have the puck.
The former leads to a turnover and the latter allows fellow players to enter the zone.

Kuznetsov just received the hockey equivalent of a school yard pantsing

This game is awesome.

nice fight!
pretty sure wilson got the better of coburn on that one.
there's nothing like a game 7

Vegas is winning the Cup.

Oh', come on Tampa! These playoffs have sucked. Get back into it, and give this indifferent fan of both teams some Game 7 OT, dammit!

Had a feeling the Caps would take this one, but hopefully Tampa can make it interesting. Both teams have choked away series leads so far.

Come on, Caps! Don't choke, don't choke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back