NHL Offseason Discussion: Live From the KHL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little late but I'll be setting up the yahoo league tonight.

Invites will be sent to emails you used last year, if you need it sent somewhere else please PM your email to me.

Any suggestions on the league scoring, set-up, ect. is appreciated

Life long Sabres fan, Is this the year they finally get back to the playoffs? Getting sick and tired of the shitty seasons and high draft picks, I got enough of that shit for over a decade cheering for the Raiders

The video is good for a chuckle. Not trying to be mean. Would love to visit buffalo one day.

i don't know how many of you are canadian parents with kids in hockey

hockey canada just put in last minute rule changes that are pretty stupid

all games have to be played half ice rather than full for kids 6 and under, and they're going to implement for 7 & 8 year olds as well

so my kid who has been playing full ice now for three years will be cut down to playing half the rink

jimmies rustled frozen

That sucks! But at the same time, your kid is going to learn to dangle his way out of a phone booth by the time he's 10.

Footwork and edgework will also improve drastically

Montreal has looked terrible in this game, and the kids on leafs have been having a field day.

I'm getting drunk on a Monday

fEeLIcp.jpg

This meme lives on hfboards habs.

Price is going to set some kind of record for worst W/L with lowest GAA.

all games have to be played half ice rather than full for kids 6 and under, and they're going to implement for 7 & 8 year olds as well

so my kid who has been playing full ice now for three years will be cut down to playing half the rink

jimmies rustled frozen

What part of the country do you live in? I ref hockey in Ontario in the OMHA and we've been running games without this. I haven't even heard about it yet. Is it house league only or something?

Not a fan of that rule that sounds ridiculous. I get the idea, it's similar to what they do in soccer or football but hockey is a completely different sport and I'm not sure the benefits are there for an idea like that. Hockey Canada has made a lot of changes that are pretty stupid recently though

What part of the country do you live in? I ref hockey in Ontario in the OMHA and we've been running games without this. I haven't even heard about it yet. Is it house league only or something?

Not a fan of that rule that sounds ridiculous. I get the idea, it's similar to what they do in soccer or football but hockey is a completely different sport and I'm not sure the benefits are there for an idea like that. Hockey Canada has made a lot of changes that are pretty stupid recently though
Yes house league they're even applying it to select super 6 and maybe 7 years old selects as well

Yes house league they're even applying it to select super 6 and maybe 7 years old selects as well

Makes a bit more sense then. Still a bit crazy imo but less crazy than I thought it was. Probably explains why I haven't seen it then

jimmies rustled frozen

They will learn better stick handling this way, and digging too.

Nylander is looking midseason top tier form already. Him and Matthews are going to light up the Atlantic this season.

That was how my summer league played when I was that age. Kids do develop better skills in that set up. The more talented kids don't have so much open ice to move around in + it's more exciting for parents to watch

jimmies rustled frozen

8 year olds playing full-ice is fucking stupid. They are so unbelievably slow and uncoordinated.

Fuck, reminds me of Umberger getting ruined years ago by Campbell, but with a little Downie in it.

ej hradek's top 5 lines in hockey

5. nashiville: forsberg, johansen, arvidsson
4. winnipeg: ehlers, scheifele, wheeler
3. boston: marchand, bergeron, pastrnak
2. edmonton: maroon, mcdavid, strome
1. pittsburgh: guentzel, crosby, sheary

what do you losers think of ol' eej's picks?

i got the winnipeg line at the top of any list i am creating. they led the league in even strength scoring and and all three guys are solid. ehlers and scheifele will also probably be a little better this year.

the edmonton and pittsburgh lines are on the list strictly based mcdavid and crosby. in edmonton, i'm not even sure strome stays on that top line, draisaitl will have to get a look right? anyhow, you remove that one piece off these two lines and its just some guys on a pond. yeah, i said it.

fuck boston.
Jets are starting the year with Laine/Scheifele/Wheeler for what it's worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back