NHL Offseason Discussion: Live From the KHL

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd be great if they could send a East and West Canada team to the Olympics. All those Quebec and Ontario kids (and Sid!) against all those good old Saskatchewan boys.

It'd be great if they could send a East and West Canada team to the Olympics. All those Quebec and Ontario kids (and Sid!) against all those good old Saskatchewan boys.
probably win gold and silver

Just for fun: pick your team /lines.

Hall - McDavid - Stamkos
Benn - Crosby - Seguin
Marchand - Bergeron - Scheifele
Johansen - Tavares - O'Reilly

Toews

Possibly take Carter over toews

Burns - subban
Doughty - letang
Keith - Giordano

"Peter Angelo" - Don cherry
Or Vlasic, maybe Ellis

Price
Holtby
Jones

Vlasic and Tanev are both light years better than Subban or Burns defensively, they're your first line matchup.

Vlasic-Tanev
Doughty-Letang
Keith-Giordano

Burns
Spurgeon

Vlasic and Tanev are both light years better than Subban or Burns defensively, they're your first line matchup.

Vlasic-Tanev
Doughty-Letang
Keith-Giordano

Burns
Spurgeon

Yeah, no.

You're not sitting or not taking the two best offensive talents on defense.

Canada's offense if good enough to control possession 60% + of the time.

I can see canada going 7 d with Vlasic on as needed rotation but Brent burns and Subban are on the team.

Yeah, no.

You're not sitting or not taking the two best offensive talents on defense.

Canada's offense if good enough to control possession 60% + of the time.

I can see canada going 7 d with Vlasic on as needed rotation but Brent burns and Subban are on the team.

Canada doesn't need offensive defenseman with gaping defensive holes on their team, look at the firepower they have at forward.

Brent Burns putting up 27 and 29 as a defenseman is absolutely savage, you could make a case for that kind of firepower. But half the time he's on the ice he's nowhere to be found on the defensive side of the puck, and he's terrible position wise in his own zone, but like I said, a 30 goal scoring defensive I could see an argument for, because that's insane offense for a defenseman.

Subban is not even close to being worth the liability. He scored 6 and 10 his last two seasons, for someone with serious defensive issues, especially relative to Vlasic and Tanev, who are probably the 1 and 2 best shutdown defenseman in the world........lol at him being even close.

I don't know where you're getting that Subban is the second best offensive talent of the group, Letang and Doughty score at least as much as Subban and are filthy defensively as well, I don't even see the argument.

Subban is honestly probably out of the conversation by a good 3-4 spots.

Hockey so close... yet so far..
At least we have football. I finally get to root for a team that's not the Canadian Browns.

On the hockey subject, I really think Pittsburgh can three-peat. It's not like they've had easy roads to the Cup, but I almost think that's a positive if they cam stay healthy this time.

I could legit see the same conference finals again. Although the Ellis injury could impact that team worse then people think. I don't think the loss of Neal is a big deal.

I personally think the Oilers come out in the west tho. If they can get ANYTHING out of Pool Party, they could be a lot better then last year.

Oh yeah, and fuck the Leafs.

I could legit see the same conference finals again. Although the Ellis injury could impact that team worse then people think. I don't think the loss of Neal is a big deal.

I personally think the Oilers come out in the west tho. If they can get ANYTHING out of Pool Party, they could be a lot better then last year.

Oh yeah, and fuck the Leafs.

Could go either way but I'm inclined to agree. It really depends on their youngins: Åberg, Fiala, and perhaps Kamenev.

can somebody explain the hossa deal? heard his 'allergy' is bullshit and its the story to protect their cap? regardless, he's out next year and probably for good, right?

He could still be a 20-goal man, but he's 38 and has nothing to prove. Hard to believe that he's played in what, 5 of the last 9 Stanley Cups? If he had switched his time with Detroit and Pittsburgh he'd have a fistful of rings. Mind you, fuck him for jumping ship to the Wings when things got tough.

not a huge fan of the rental player mindset. don't care what anybody says, ray bourque is one of the best ever but his ring with colorado means fuck all.

not a huge fan of the rental player mindset. don't care what anybody says, ray bourque is one of the best ever but his ring with colorado means fuck all.
Eh, I think it's pretty inspirational. It'd be different if he weren't so amazing, but to be that good that long and never get a ring is so sad. Look how much seeing him with it meant to other Avalanche players like Sakic and Roy, and he contributed well in his time in Colorado. I'm a softy though, I wish all the greats would have their moment lifting Stanley.
If your argument is that it doesn't really change his legacy in the sense of skill/greatness, I agree.

If your argument is that it doesn't really change his legacy in the sense of skill/greatness, I agree.

it doesn't change his legacy and it means less than if it happened organically while he was in boston.

it doesn't change his legacy and it means less than if it happened organically while he was in boston.
It definitely means less, and didn't really change how I viewed him. I think it definitely changed how he'll be remembered though.

Galchenyuk. Right Winger.

my final four

east: pittsburgh and tampa bay (loss of drouin is big but i can't go against them)
west: dallas and edmonton

pittsburgh/edmonton final would be hotfire.

Fuck the Flames executives and NHL executives trying to bully Calgary into giving them a brand new arena for free. Good for Nenshi for sticking it to them.

How I like to imagine the negotiations went:

Flames Execs -"You need to publicly fund a new arena for us."

Nenshi - "Why don't you pay for it yourself?

Flames Execs - "We can't afford that."

Nenshi - "You sound poor."

Flames Execs - "..."

my final four

east: pittsburgh and tampa bay (loss of drouin is big but i can't go against them)
west: dallas and edmonton

pittsburgh/edmonton final would be hotfire.
Hopefully that happens before Crosby and Malkin retire. Ways to go, but the League can be weird. I've been waiting for the Chicago/Pittsburgh showdown for years and no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back