Ngannou Wouldn’t Regret UFC Exit Even Without Fury Fight, PFL Contract

Should Ngannou stayed in the UFC?

• Total voters
It's getting impossible not to like Francis Ngannou.

Seems like a thoughtful, soft-spoken gentleman — who has matured to be a savage in the cage — and now the ring.

Then goes back to being a soft-spoken gentleman.

War Francis

Well that's certainly not true. If he'd be just as happy leaving like $15 million on the table and retiring if nothing else materialized, that sort of implies he was paid pretty damn well.

I'm glad he stood up for himself looking back on it and he wasn't just another "I told you so" for Dana and co. Hope the UFC is more open to things like this in the future when they realize all it will do is make them more money.
How will it make them more money? The event lost money, and Dana already said no, they are not going to let their fighters do any striking contests outside the UFC. They can do grapple contests, but nothing that risks getting KOd.

Well that's certainly not true. If he'd be just as happy leaving like $15 million on the table and retiring if nothing else materialized, that sort of implies he was paid pretty damn well.

How will it make them more money? The event lost money, and Dana already said no, they are not going to let their fighters do any striking contests outside the UFC. They can do grapple contests, but nothing that risks getting KOd.
I actually find that a reasonable middleground.
I didn't mean that the event made money, it's did terrible, literally 10k TV orders, worse than an average AEW event, but it brought a lot of eyes on Francis which in turn brings more eyes to MMA/UFC, that's the good I see in it.

He took the opportunity and ran with it but the Saudi’s aren’t going to be throwing around money at huge loss forever. Other guys following in his footsteps is a bad idea imo

I actually find that a reasonable middleground.
I didn't mean that the event made money, it's did terrible, literally 10k TV orders, worse than an average AEW event, but it brought a lot of eyes on Francis which in turn brings more eyes to MMA/UFC, that's the good I see in it.
It's probably nice if the fighter does well, wouldn't do much if he got smoked. If anybody should be pissed, it's the PFL. The announcers mentioned UFC like 40 times, and I don't recall them even mentioning PFL at all, and now it's looking less likely that Francis ever does even a single mma fight in the PFL.

It's probably nice if the fighter does well, wouldn't do much if he got smoked. If anybody should be pissed, it's the PFL. The announcers mentioned UFC like 40 times, and I don't recall them even mentioning PFL at all, and now it's looking less likely that Francis ever does even a single mma fight in the PFL.
This is a very good point, I don't recall PFL being mentioned a single time. Maybe that would change if he fought in PFL and had some tape to show, but all of his highlights are UFC property currently.

in MMA, the best don't fight the best. the best get strong armed into shitty contract situations, put on the shelf, and treated like they never wanted any part of it. who gives a fuck if frances didn't fight tear my chee chee off jon jones? i don't care anymore. your time is so damn short in this "sport" that if you don't make your money, secure your future, you are absolutely doomed in the real world. the best don't get to fight the best. and that is the fault of one man. Randy Couture, Fedor Emelianenko, and now Francis Ngannou joins the ranks of fighters who were robbed of the most important match ups of our time. And look what happened? Absolutely not a damn thing. Just myself and a few others bitching, complaining, reminding. Francis doesn't fight Jon Jones. So what. Jon Jones is going to fight Stipe and retire anyways. It would have proved/solved not a damn thing as Francis would have most likely viciously, brutally KO'd Jon Jones. haha. THe best don't get to fight the best, and Francis has secured his future and some. THat is more important IMO. It's a shame, but one that is on Dana White. Just as before. As it is now.

in MMA, the best don't fight the best. the best get strong armed into shitty contract situations, put on the shelf, and treated like they never wanted any part of it. who gives a fuck if frances didn't fight tear my chee chee off jon jones? i don't care anymore. your time is so damn short in this "sport" that if you don't make your money, secure your future, you are absolutely doomed in the real world. the best don't get to fight the best. and that is the fault of one man. Randy Couture, Fedor Emelianenko, and now Francis Ngannou joins the ranks of fighters who were robbed of the most important match ups of our time. And look what happened? Absolutely not a damn thing. Just myself and a few others bitching, complaining, reminding. Francis doesn't fight Jon Jones. So what. Jon Jones is going to fight Stipe and retire anyways. It would have proved/solved not a damn thing as Francis would have most likely viciously, brutally KO'd Jon Jones. haha. THe best don't get to fight the best, and Francis has secured his future and some. THat is more important IMO. It's a shame, but one that is on Dana White. Just as before. As it is now.
I'm Glad for Francis but as a MMA Fan I'm Sad because Jones vs Ngannou it's a Dream fight they are soo Good, Well doesn't matter anymore never will happen in this life.

So it's obvious everything that happened to him since leaving the UFC is just absolute bonus. What a humble, good man.

francis-ngannou-knockdown.gif

F9j-YVCWQAAq82w.jpg

Jones wanted no piece of that, get outta here.

Jones had the opportunity to fight him for years and ducked. The day Francais left, Jones moved to heavy.
Man, im not blaming Francis.
I'm just saying that's a figth I want to watch, get outta here you sir, and go fuck yourself please.

Francis has/had everything: great fighter, the belt, likable personality, a backstory and he's movie star handsome. Not everyone is so lucky.
"Movie star handsome".
I like that description. Never thought about it, but that is a good looking man. Solid mandible and teeth, much like mine. Manly features. Fury on the other hand has a tiny head, which looks like a raisin. A raisin on top of marshmallow.

"Movie star handsome".
I like that description. Never thought about it, but that is a good looking man. Solid mandible and teeth, much like mine. Manly features. Fury on the other hand has a tiny head, which looks like a raisin. A raisin on top of marshmallow.

I am 100% straight but nothing wrong with acknowledging someones aesthetic. Ngannou is very handsome. As is Charles Oliveria.

And yes, Tyson is not.

Back