Ngannou Wouldn’t Regret UFC Exit Even Without Fury Fight, PFL Contract

Should Ngannou stayed in the UFC?

• Total voters
He’s lucky the Saudi’s picked up the fight
But everything else is on him, he gambled big and it paid off
I don’t really like the bouncing around from MMA to Boxing tho
Im still interested to see how the MMA side career goes now with PFeL

I just want to see the best fight the best, and if that’s UFC or somewhere else than so be it

but UFC is Dying and boxing is already dead besides these types of fights
So it is what it is

I agree... but still.

More fighters should still try and stand up for themselves, start a union, demand better salaries, fight elsewhere.

They just bend over backwards and feed the UFC coffers while getting crumbs in return.

Francis was a champ and still treated like shit after winning 6 fights in a row. If they treat champs like that, imagine how they treat lower level fighters.

Oh wait, we don't have to imagine, we already know they treat them like shit.

Imo all it would really take is all the top guys, like legitimately the top guys, banded together said union of bust I think there is a chance it would happen. But that's unlikely cos the rich gets richer and often don't care about the lower guys.

View attachment 1009703

Parting ways with the Ultimate Fighting Championship was a carefully considered decision for former heavyweight champ Francis Ngannou.

Ngannou left the promotion at the beginning of the year after contract negotiations spanning over a year fell through. While the major bone of contention between the two parties was Ngannou wanting to compete in crossover boxing matches, “The Predator” also had other demands. The Cameroonian had touched upon important issues like like health insurance for fighters, a fighter advocate at board meetings and a new sponsorship deal.

At the end, Ngannou was absolutely sure about exiting the UFC when he did. The 37-year-old went on to secure a multi-fight deal with the surging rivals of the UFC, the Professional Fighters League. He later secured a boxing match against Fury, which went down in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on Oct. 28, reportedly resulting in a payday of more than $10 million for the former sand mine worker. “The Predator” lost a controversial split decision despite shocking the world with a third-round knockdown against the WBC heavyweight champ.

However, in a recent interview on "The MMA Hour," Ngannou claimed that he wouldn’t regret parting ways with the UFC even if the Fury fight or the PFL deal never came about.

“You have to understand something: Things have played out for me perfectly, maybe even more than anyone expected,” Ngannou said. “But let me tell you this: Let’s say after the UFC, after [leaving the UFC], I didn’t have any of those contracts, whether it was the PFL contract or the Tyson Fury fight contract, I wouldn’t regret it. You know, it wasn’t an overnight decision. It was a decision that I thought about. I thought about it many times.

Continue Reading
https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/N...t-Even-Without-Fury-Fight-PFL-Contract-191565

he just made more money and more interest...in boxing...over UFC that 1 fight would equal a decade..if Francis was my son, I would say...stick to boxing..get paid...have a better life there..\

I also like the idea of MMA boxing being harder to predict in boxing events........OK ILL BE HONEST...no that was the STUPIDEST THING I HEARD....boxers hands are so BEYOND MMA FIGHTERS ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY. SO LET ME GIVE YOU THE HARD FACTS...FRANCIS DID WELL BECAUSE THE DUDE IS A HW...FRANCIS DOES NOT NEED SKILL...LIKE SKILL GOES OUT THE WINDOW WHEN BOXING HIM....AND THAT IS WHY !!!! FRANCIS DID GOOD...BECAUSE YOU CAN HAVE ALL THE SKILL IN THE WORLD...BUT IF FRANCIS PUNCHES YOU IN THE FACE....YOU ARE FUCKED !!!...FRANCIS PUT FURY ON HIS BACK...CAUSE HE WAS FUCKED IN FEELING THE POWER OF FRANCIS...FURY HAS A FUCKING CHIN DUDE...ANYONE ELSE...THEY WOULD HAVE STAYED LYING DOWN ON THE GROUND...I DONT THINK WELL FOR FRANICS IN REMATCH BUT FURY PRETTY OLD...FRANCIS IN THE REALM OF BOXING IS HARD TO PREDICT TOO...BUT HELL....I WANT TO SEE FRANCIS BEAT FURY...AND BEAT ALL THESE OTHER HW BOXER...SIMPLY CAUSE...FRANCIS IS COUNTED OUT...I WANT THAT NIGERIAN HUMBLE GOOD SOUL...JUST WINNING AND WINNING..I WANT TO SEE FRANCIS WIN...I LIKE HIS STORY..THIS STORY WONT HAPPEN IN A LONG TIME...I WANT TO SEE FRANCIS DO WELL NOW...HIS STORY IS SO INTERSTING.

Last edited:
Dana is a fuckingclown and hell just double down and continue to be stupid

he just made more money and more interest...in boxing...over UFC that 1 fight would equal a decade..if Francis was my son, I would say...stick to boxing..get paid...have a better life there..\

I also like the idea of MMA boxing being harder to predict in boxing events........OK ILL BE HONEST...no that was the STUPIDEST THING I HEARD....boxers hands are so BEYOND MMA FIGHTERS ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY. SO LET ME GIVE YOU THE HARD FACTS...FRANCIS DID WELL BECAUSE THE DUDE IS A HW...FRANCIS DOES NOT NEED SKILL...LIKE SKILL GOES OUT THE WINDOW WHEN BOXING HIM....AND THAT IS WHY !!!! FRANCIS DID GOOD...BECAUSE YOU CAN HAVE ALL THE SKILL IN THE WORLD...BUT IF FRANCIS PUNCHES YOU IN THE FACE....YOU ARE FUCKED !!!...FRANCIS PUT FURY ON HIS BACK...CAUSE HE WAS FUCKED IN FEELING THE POWER OF FRANCIS...FURY HAS A FUCKING CHIN DUDE...ANYONE ELSE...THEY WOULD HAVE STAYED LYING DOWN ON THE GROUND...I DONT THINK WELL FOR FRANICS IN REMATCH BUT FURY PRETTY OLD...FRANCIS IN THE REALM OF BOXING IS HARD TO PREDICT TOO...BUT HELL....I WANT TO SEE FRANCIS BEAT FURY...AND BEAT ALL THESE OTHER HW BOXER...SIMPLY CAUSE...FRANCIS IS COUNTED OUT...I WANT THAT NIGERIAN HUMBLE GOOD SOUL...JUST WINNING AND WINNING..I WANT TO SEE FRANCIS WIN...I LIKE HIS STORY..THIS STORY WONT HAPPEN IN A LONG TIME...I WANT TO SEE FRANCIS DO WELL NOW...HIS STORY IS SO INTERSTING.

index.php

I’d toadally blow frances btw

I'm going with no. A champion in his mid thirties and the only big fight on the horizon was Jon Jones.

If history is always right, look at past UFC fighters and champions. Eventually everyone falls hard in this sport and the only winner is the UFC. Their system locks athletes down and prevent them from ever leaving until the UFC is done with them.

Imagine if Francis lost to Jon Jones. Back to the UFC salt mines for him he goes.

Yes sir I believe that he did , this is a man who came from absolutely nothing and I believe him when he says it became a matter of principle to him , he wanted to do things his way and he bet on himself and he won , you have to respect the way he did things

<VinceCa$h><VinceCa$h><VinceCa$h>

<{smellit?}><{smellit?}><{smellit?}>

<20><20><20>

More men need to resolve themselves to a decision and stick to it. Standing up against corruption and sheer greed is a must.

Ah, so they don't respect him more than everything else under the sun. Very true - they haven't elevated him to some kind of worshipable status. But they do respect him a lot more than the UFC did.

that's a little over the top there don't you think? i said they fucked him out of the biggest win of his life, i didn't say they should crown him the savior of Islam or whatever you're implying there. respecting him more than the UFC is not saying much.

It was good to him obviously, but I feel sad to never see Jones vs Ngannou
Jones is the one that took so long to move up to HW. Ngannou waited long enough for him. Still the fight could still happen in the PFL never say never.

Fuck the UFC and fuck Dana White...

Francis made the right move... realize your own brand and potential.

More fighters should try that, instead of rubbing Dana's nuts for a $50k bonus.
Let's compare Gane and Aspinall, the two other superior athletes, to Ngannou.

Ngannou: stuck to his principles, believed in himself yet again and just won a guaranteed 10 mil purse, a lucrative PFL deal where he is also in charge of the African expansion, and negotiated a 2 mil purse for all of his opponents by taking a cut from his own share.

Aspinall and Gane: promoting UFC 5 on their Twitter accounts. Aspinall stating he didn't even read the contract before signing to fight Pavlovich.

Dana must love dealing with these bozos.

why would the ufc sign a boxer?
i get both sides and i dont think it was all about money for francis
he had his stand and followed through, ended up surprising all
good for him

I think the only thing he could have done that might have ended up better off would have been to stay a free agent in MMA until after the Fury match. Hindsight is 20/20 though, and who would have ever predicted the Fury match going the way it did. Any way you look at it, Ngannou has won, dropping fury and tkoing his doubters (myself included) along the way.

Back